What does Veeky Forums think about psychology?

What does Veeky Forums think about psychology?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DnPmg0R1M04
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

unfalsifiable, it may as well be string theory

the faster it gets replaced by neuroscience the better

It's a science

I started out as a skeptic of psychology, but I can see its potential. It is still a developing science. As we are getting a better understanding to the molecular mechanisms and profiling of the exact functions of the different regions of the brain, it will probably get more solidified. It has been really limited by the type of experimentation you can do with the brain. I'd like to see psychology incorporate more molecular biology into its curriculum.

Human brain is network of neurons, and 30 year old statistics won't describe current set of an individual.

This.

Psychology was just our ham-fisted attempt to understand the brain before we had the scientific sophistication to begin to actually understand the brain.

>psychology
not science or math

neuroscience is hardly a science as well.

this

>neuroscience
>aka inferential brainology

is psychology the 'alchemy' of brain sciences?

>inferential brainology
?

that's psychology, not neuroscience.

>neuroscience isn't a science
is physics the only science according to Veeky Forums?

Jung was decent.

pretty much, yeah

>psychology
>Veeky Forums
>Veeky Forumschology?

Ripe for manipulation, attracts idiots. There are many loonys out there who are qualified therapists telling others about how to live their lifes and deal with their problems instead of dealing with their own. It needs to be more rigorous and needs to understand there is a wide range of needs and ways to behave, instead of trying to address everything as if there is one truth. Neuroscience cannot replace psychology either. Why is being pragmatic so hard to achieve?

>Think about psychology.
We don't.

like nutrition and medicine, it's real science just warped by conmen/conwomen

Well put

jung seems a lot smarter about it than freud

It'll never be 100% replaced by neuroscience, those don't do the same thing, they'll be used together.
You don't simply fix mental health problems by doing something directly to the brain and ignoring everything else about the person.

Also, neuroscience showed us that psychotherapy has a visible impact on the brain.

Literal jewish subversion.

youtu.be/DnPmg0R1M04
Jooz

literally dude make shit up as you go, LMAO-tier

Something most people have little knowledge of and remain ignorant about.

The more I learned about psychology (through wikipedia) the less credible it seemed.

to summarize what cuck said
read this

>(through wikipedia)
and there you have the reason why