What is Veeky Forums opinion on audio books

What is Veeky Forums opinion on audio books

Useful when you drive alone for a long time and you don't want to read one book or want to read it again but you feel too lazy to.

Stop being a lazy fucking child and read without having to get someone else to do it for you.

Glad someones agrees.

stop making this fucking thread and fuck off to >>>mu and fucking stop please??

Where's a good place to download them?

There is no problem with audiobooks. I do not personally listen to them because I like to use my commute time for music.

I'm sure it is a good way to use your commute time to consume more writing, which isn't exactly going to make you stupider.

Pirate Bay has a lot, TuneIn radio is 8 bucks a month and has a decent selection. There is an app for 3 bucks that has all of the public domain books

Love them, listen to 4 or 5 a month. Nothing heavy or dense. Mostly lighter fiction, historical stuff, business related.

Only good for driving and when you're too drunk to read.

>What is Veeky Forums opinion on audio books
I listen to them all day at work. Use audiobookbay.me to dl

love 'em, have an audible account and also pirate the fuck out of them, can't get enough t b h famalam

if you're reading a book that has an audiobook version, it's automatically a trash book.

If you didn't experience the Iliad and Odyssey as audiobooks, you are a pleb. The Homeric epics were never meant to be read.

>new

I always knew Phenomenology of Spirit was trash!

fuck off nerd

Where do I get torrents of them?

If you're reading for entertainment, audiobooks are perfectly fine.

Of course they're shit if you want to read deeply, however, most people are shit readers anyway who refuse to annotate their books (if they even read paper books, don't get me started on how useless ebooks are).

ebooks arent as good as paper books but at least people are actually reading

also i like to listen to audiobooks when im out hiking with my dog

Stop your hedonistic faggotry and read like a man

I can't listen to them. My brain turns off after several minutes and it just becomes annoying noise.

Like I said, audiobooks and ebooks are fine for reading for entertainment, but if you want to actually learn something, then you need to read a paper book so you can annotate

I find them and the whole idea pretty disgusting. Reading a book and having some faggot read it to you is a completely different experience, the only excuse is that you need to read something for your job or if you're a show off who wants to talk about a book without reading it ... though in that case a wikipage saves you the trouble.

If you want someone to read books for you, I would suggest doing it with someone irl. You can now stop up when you don't understand something, and discuss it.

>reading for "experience"

i never thought there could be something more pleb and degenerate that reading for plot but here it is