I think this is my favorite Japanese novel. What's yours?

I think this is my favorite Japanese novel. What's yours?

whats that one where the guy is like a serial killer and it has rad cover art, i didn't read it but if i did it would be that one

actually i forgot to bookmark it so requesting it

is it "In the Miso Soup?"
Also I'm gonna read this on a whim because you recommended this OP. My favourite Japanese novel is "The Woman in the Dunes"

>Miso Soup

hell ya bro that's the one, gotta cop that some day

Silence by Shusaku Endo

i'm reading Runaway Horses right now and it's p tite.
I also likde Colorless Tsukuru but I know the pseuds here at Veeky Forums will say "bweeehh entry level garbage", bite me you cucks. I'm a sucker for Bildungsromane.

I only started reading modern Japanese authors last month, so I don't know.

I enjoy Murakami's characters. His references and personal interests are interesting as well, as they recur in his work with a consistency that imparts a warm familiarity. He's enjoyable to read, but I'm taking a break from him. I don't know if I'd call anything he's written my favorite, though.

The only other author I've read is Mishima. I just finished a collection of his short stories and started The Sound of Waves. I'm consistently impressed with how deftly he writes nuanced character psychology; there's always one or two parts of his short stories that pierce me for this reason. For example, saying that the mother in Death in Midsummer became magnanimous in her grief, or basically all of Patriotism and The Pearl.

Thinking of reading Dazai after Mishima.

Read Natsume Soseki's Kokoro you plebs

This was really, really good. Probably not my favourite but damn.

he's kinda obscure

Silence by Endo. Surprisingly, female jap authors are good. Yoko Ogawa is my fav.

I almost threw up while reading it.

He is not. Soseki is very popular and kinda mediocre.

I'm reading Battle Royale btw, pretty neat.

Forbidden Colors - Mishima
really? i feel it very lukewarm

In what kind of way?

"Jesus crhist he just killed that women and now he is describing the lungs in detail" kind of way.

Oh. Given where we are I was thinking it was much worse. Stomach up, user.

Incoming manly fighting spirit.

Trashy women power pandering, all of her works are.

I have to get into a certain mindstet.
I have multiple of these. I have a mindstet to doing most of the things.
Like jerking off to stuff on /d/ is fucking disgusting to me and makes me want to throw up,but not when I'm doing it. But if I think about it later I want to vomit.
Call me a fucking bitch but I didn't expect to read about this much blood and gore.
I can't even stomach opening a meat can.

This was surprisingly great. I'm always weary about the so called "great national novels" because they usually aren't all that good, they are just hyped because of nationalist fags, but Musashi was an exception.

no mishima so far
I am so disappointed

I find it odd how little read this is compared to a quiet life

>i literally can't read: the post

I don't know, The Wind Up Bird Chronicle probably.

I read Out by Natsuo Kirino and thought it was utter garbage so I don't plan to read anything else by her...but I'll admit even though I didn't like Out, it had it's moments. I don't really know.

>Bildungsromane

I just finished this last night. I'm reading this old english edition of The Sailor Who blah blah blah next, which is neat because it was published before the whole "coup d'etat" and suppuku thing, so on the back flap it talks about Mishima like he's just an ordinary guy, but like smarter or whatever.

Anything by Murakami is comfy-tier.

Kokoro.

Seems a finely crafted work. I wish my knowledge of Japanese culture were better in order to understand the many subtleties of this masterpiece.

Is there a BildungsBromance?

The Sound of The Mountain by Yasunari Kawabata

Grotesque was anti feminist.

>i'm reading Runaway Horses right now
Same

Why are Japanese book covers so patrician?

Woman in the Dunes
I Am a Cat
Snow Country

In no particular order. Akutagawa's short stories would be on that list if you didn't say novel.