Did big middle peen disappeared?

Did big middle peen disappeared?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OV1ewtLyk_U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

apparently it came too hard and smashed the barge

I miss it

rip in peace barge

How much will it cost to replace this? Will it delay the next Falcon Heavy launch?

Source? Oh yeah you don't have one, fucking faggot. Stop pulling shit out of your arse you fucking cunt.

Its just a boat idiot.

But it's a big boat that learned how to drive itself. Won't it take awhile to build a new boat and teach it how to do that?

I'm pretty fucking sure they backed up the software

I have to assume that the boat's brain is largely backed up somewhere. They've already blown up a few rockets on those, they know they could potentially lose the ship on any landing.

>a boat that learned how to drive itself
>build a new boat and teach it how to do that
my fucking sides. You can't be this stupid

The barge is fine, the first stage landed in the water next to it and sank though.

This is bullshit. The barge is fine.

You mean like oil tankers have been doing for the past 50 years?
Woah its almost like there is dedicated software for it.

I'm completely sure that being pretty sure isn't good enough.
You realize a normal boat can't drive itself, right?

dude it's fine chill

yes, you can give it sensors (clue: GPS, motion sensors etc.) and a computer with pre-programmed code in it. Synchronize it with the trajectory of your mission profile and voilá, self driving ship.

It takes time to teach the boat how to do all that so I'm concerned the next launch will be delayed.

Barge only took damage to 2 engines. The center core deflected away from barge when only 1 of 3 engines restarted, so it missed the barge by ~100 meters. The barge has taken more damage before. Also, next falcon heavy is like 6 months away anyway. Barge will be repaired well before next falcon heavy

All my russian friends are laughing.
>murrika hypes the biggest rocket and it crashes
Lmao.

>laughing at one relatively tiny error on an otherwise completely successful launch

>Russian can't differentiate between a company and the country it is headquarted in

Shocking

>People actually think he's serious

The absolute state of Veeky Forums

Ya gotta use what ya get when you shitpost.

Sauce? Seems cute.

its literally 100x easier than a self driving car its open ocean stop b8ing retard just place it in the right spot

Googling the answer isn't hard, try it for yourself next time.

That said. the anime is called Muromi-san.

Was it just a random accident or does it have something to do inherently with the main boosters? I mean the first 2 landed like clockwork. It sounds like the main one was on target but just came in too fast which seems more like a controls error that could have easily happened to the other 2 as well. 2/3 aint that bad in my book since the old way was just trashing everything

I realize now "controls error" is way too general. I just mean at least they got it where they wanted it to go, it was just too fast. So honestly 2/3 successful landings and then basically a "half failure" on the third. I dont think its as big a deal as people seem to be making it

>and sank though.
No, it exploded.

Either way, we should have video in a few days if it can be recovered.

It ran out of teateb ignition fuel for the final burn on 2/3 engines thus why it purposefully missed the drone ship, according to Elon

The Merlin engines use hypergolic fluids to ignite them, which is why they are able to restart in space. Apparently the main Core didn't have enough fluid left to restart all three engines needed to do the landing burn and only one lit. This could be because more was used than usual on takeoff, or they didn't put enough into it, or they just needed more to handle the boostback, entry and landing burns of the Core which is going much faster than previous Falcon 9s when it separates.

Either way, the Core was probably Block 3 design and they have likely taken care of this issue in the Block 5 design or will do a quick fix.

>All my russian friends are laughing.
Let them laugh at this:
youtube.com/watch?v=OV1ewtLyk_U

Russia can hardly go a year without a major incident on one of their mainstay launch platforms so I don't know what they have to gloat about when a rocket that delivered its payload safely to space fails to land.

Musk said it happened you cunt.
He said a few of the engines failed to ignite causing it to come in at 300 mph. Damaged two barge engines and shrapnel on the ship deck.