The only true way to benefit from philosophy is to start with the French. The greeks were wrong about everything...

The only true way to benefit from philosophy is to start with the French. The greeks were wrong about everything, and pseuds talk about them as if their understanding of all of their nonsense makes them intelligent.

>implying the french don't respond to the greeks
lazy b8

>The myth of sissy puss

Its well known that French philosophy is the most likely means towards having sex so I have to agree

I do not see any way to benefit from French. Greeks are the foundation of European and Arabic though, of course they were "wrong" at some points, yet almost everything else derives from them
Don't shame yourself, edgy kid

>yet almost everything else derives from them
Yeah, slave morality.

Literally nothing wrong with slave morality

ishydmt
have you ever heard about the difference between Greeks and Abrahamics?

How can you not get a seizure from reading Deleuze before anything else? Or should I read other French? How would Pascal and Voltaire prepare me for Deleuze?

The greeks are there because they are "basic", not necessarily because they are right. Also is the only sound argument so far for just going for the French.

French philosophy is even worse than german philosophy.

>Heraclitus
>Wrong

Laziest b8

You've mispelt Diogenes

Sounds like you are like the inexperienced when they experience words and deeds I set out, distinguishing each in accordance with your own nature

*steps into the same river twice*

Heraclitus: 0
Me: 1

Greek > German > British > French > American

One should start with the Greek philosophers because they're the foundation of western philosophy. Later philosophers comment on them a lot.

Plus the Greeks aren't "nonsense", they're actually rather easy to understand. They're a nice way to get a decent grasp of what this philosophy stuff is about.

Whether they're good or right doesn't even matter.

Bonus: it is also fascinating to read how some nerd who lived well over 2000 years ago raised questions and made arguments that are still relevant or interesting today.

>British (Scottish, let's be honest) over French

Deluded m8

t. Englishman

>interesting
>the greeks
okay

There's more wisdom in one dialogue of Plato's than in the whole of French philosophy.

Literally what was English philosophy ever contributed other than being the slowest child in the classroom

>Dude fuck young boys LMAO

Woah...

>Voltaire
Not at all. He's French for sure, but his way of thinking is very different. Otherall, similarities are greater within time than within space.

>Pascal
Surprisingly, it's not a bad idea: Pascal was clearly a precursor to existentialism. You just have to not take all the christian stuff for more important than it is. Pascal has plenty to say that's clever and interesting even to atheists.

Derrida's Adieu to Levinas trumps all of Greek ethics though

*Democritus