How come you dumb fucks don't have a falcon heavy thread up?

How come you dumb fucks don't have a falcon heavy thread up?

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2296&v=wbSwFU6tY1c

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aBr2kKAHN6M
youtube.com/watch?v=t_KXgFpguE0
youtube.com/watch?v=qCE4pHiGTXs
arstechnica.com/science/2018/02/this-may-be-the-moment-spacex-opened-the-cosmos-to-the-masses/
youtube.com/watch?v=s_OqsCa0iNw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I didn't catch up on the news, did the second stage make it back safely onto the boat?

I only saw the landings starting at

37:00

Isn't he putting one of his other company's cars into orbit?

Nah he's probably planning to bore a tunnel through spacetime to allow people to casually travel to the moon.

its already up there and on its way to mars

this is things is basically a voltron dick its definitely m

Because yet another SpaceX launch isn't worth a thread. We had one for the last shuttle launch, etc. Actual historic stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=aBr2kKAHN6M

what is some good space mecha inovling cars?

Cuz the ULA shills spam reports about them.

Literally the opening of Heavy Metal.

youtube.com/watch?v=t_KXgFpguE0

Where's he going, /m/?

What happened to the billions and millions of stars a galaxies they told us about, or the satellites and space debris that orbit the earth?

>What happened to the billions and millions of stars a galaxies they told us about,
Camera's exposure settings are such that it can't pick them up.

>or the satellites and space debris that orbit the earth?
Those are all tiny. Space is big it probably won't pass within a hundred km of another satellite during its flight.

That's far less aesthetic than I was expecting

>the first launch of a reusable heavy rocket isn't historic

t. NASA

lets fuck our limited environment up some more. great.

>thanks for tuning in
>stream ended 29 seconds ago

He- he's gone... but not forgotten.

;_;7

youtube.com/watch?v=qCE4pHiGTXs

Seems it is mostly only really heavy in the expendable mode. Reusing the boosters seems to take away a lot of lift capacity. Although it will be better than reusable single Falxon 9.

It's LEO capacity is more than twice that of the next active rocket (Delta IV Heavy), and GTO payload is almost twice that of the next active rocket (Delta IV Heavy).

It's not a Saturn V, but then, nothing is.

(I don't have a suitable picture, so have a guntank)

arstechnica.com/science/2018/02/this-may-be-the-moment-spacex-opened-the-cosmos-to-the-masses/
>The center core did not safely return to Earth because two of its three engines failed to light during the landing burn. So, Musk said, it slammed into the ocean at 300mph, throwing debris onto its nearby drone ship and taking out two of the boat’s engines.
Swing and a miss, then.

What?

Earth Engine when?

youtube.com/watch?v=s_OqsCa0iNw

Oh come on, mod, discussion of space technology is very m/-related.

see:

I see /m/ has a mod now that's just as clueless as its shit-posters. Sorry, Veeky Forums, pardon our interruption.

I still don't see how his Mars plans could work if BFR takes 4 months to get to Mars.

They need to get it under a month for any realistic settlement.

Well, you need to start somewhere, don't you?

??

They send two Cargo-only-BFR on the first pass, with robot assemblers to set up a partial colony area.
Two years later two more go, one is cargo-only, the other is a 50/50 Cargo passenger model. These land nearby adding to the colony infrastructure / supply situation and inject the first 30-60-ish settlers.
Two years later, if all is going well, more cargo and passenger BFRs head on up.

And if anything fails what then? Every mission would need to go perfectly for this to work. It's still a dream. We need better engines.