Psycho-Cybernetics

What does Veeky Forums think of this book? I'm only a few pages in so far (not counting the foreword)

Why the fuck don't you just read more of it and then talk about it?

Fuck off
I'm curious what others think of this book who have read it. What's the harm in that?

it's (((science))) in the way that bill nye is science

It's on my to read list under 'Mindset'. I heard nothing but good things about it.

It's the truth it werks. This and callahans work changed me from a fat virgin drug dealer into a happily married rich banker. Maxwell Maltz is my nigger 100%

You have nothing to contribute to an actual discussion on the book. If you are just interested in people's thoughts, you can read reviews on GoodReads. You're a stupid faggot. You need all the self-help books you can get.

is that the one by the plastic surgeon who would fix people's horrible facial deformities only to find that fixing their face didn't really help them because they kept acting the same way since they were used to people being horrified by them for all their formative years? if so it's interesting and has a point. it helps explain why all those homosexuals in Veeky Forums can't get laid despite being in shape: they're still fucking nerds, they just have muscles now

>just be urself ;) the book

No thanks.

actually it's "just DON'T be yourself" the book, but why read anything when u can shitpost!

Same shit. The book is primarily about self-image, which is why it's trash. Improving your self image won't stop you from being manlet.

oh you're one of those angry lil short guys, yeah, you should probably just kys, but for anyone who isn't a genetic dead end, check it out, book has some decent take aways

cybernetics is bunk

>manlet detected
You sound like you could probably benefit from reading this book.

Easy to throw out a comment like that without backing it up. Please, explain..

I don't know anything about it but any book that bills itself as being based on Psychology or Cybernetics is a big red flag to ignore and I imagine with both its probably garbage New Age bullshit dressed up with bad science

>it's useful to judge a book by its cover

It's a tiny little book that can be read in an afternoon. If at the very least, you can't finish it before you come here and ask strangers for their opinions, then you need to fuck off.

i can't even conjecture what malfunction you have to insult someone for being short based on absolutely fucking nothing after getting BTFO for your stupidity. The neurosis of height obsession is what makes short people so pathetic but it's you who's demonstrating that preoccupation and therefore you're manlet regardless of your heart. Seppuku pronto.

>I have a strong compulsion to be insulting to people just because.
so salty
look into addressing your anger issues, sort yourself out

This website is exists for people like me and it thrives on it. It is people like me who make the website fun and interesting and original. It's rare I say this but you honestly need to return to Reddit.

sad that this thread would probably do better on /pol/

childish anger is your thing, I get it

>the people who took this b8
did you even come from plebbit? are you double baiting? if so, it didn't work because idgaf

>>it's useful to judge a book by its cover

It literally is, you realize how many books there these days?
There's like billions of them.
When that saying was invented there were like two hundred

Abloo bloo bloo. Petulant whining is your thing I see.

You're right, I should probably have posted this thread making fun of this book instead and saying that anyone who reads it are fags, because, you know, Veeky Forums.

You're such a passive aggressive little whiner. Are you a woman or a fag? You didn't post anything interesting. You posted a shitty thread asking for people's opinions and now complain because you don't like the responses you got like an entitled little bitch.

>it's stupid to post a thread asking for people's thoughts on a book

Well done for correctly inferring what I blatantly just stated, you fucking moron. Yes, it is. A decent thread offers something - amusement, entertainment, interest. It doesn't demand something - inform me! Entitled little bitches get what they deserve.

You're clearly very passionate about tearing down my posting of this thread. Keep going until you feel better, until you feel that overwhelming sense of accomplishment you so desperately seek.

I only seek your edification, mon frere, that you do not clutter my beloved board with such tripe in future; that maybe one day you become a decent, worthwhile poster who can post intriguing or amusing threads. It strikes me as unlikely because you are predictable, entitled and whiny. We must guard ourselves from the encroachment of shitheads like you, by god, and police quality like the strictest libertarian shit slingers for otherwise we may find every thread is as tedious as some moron who hasn't even read the book asking people to tell them about it.

>it's 'entitled' to ask for opinions and have a desire for level-headed discussion
>I'm also very angry and have little control over anything in my life outside of Veeky Forums.

>post a book on the most critical and aggressive intellectual society on earth
>can't handle it when it gets criticized

Reddit might be more your speed friend

Just fuck off, dumbshit

>level-headed discussion
>hasn't even read the book

Here's the thing, though: you've contributed nothing intellectual toward the topic at hand, just a lot of anger at the mere fact that someone posted a thread soliciting opinions on a book.

this entire thread has been two people bitching and not actually talking about the book.

great works, Veeky Forums

jesus