The speed of light can't be surpassed

>The speed of light can't be surpassed

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencemag.org/news/2017/06/china-s-quantum-satellite-achieves-spooky-action-record-distance
forbes.com/sites/brucedorminey/2012/04/30/neutrinos-to-give-high-frequency-traders-the-millisecond-edge/#6ed95049590c
youtu.be/Uo2NIV3IrMY?t=2m28s
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the only thing that can move faster than light, is light itself. so technically it can't.

Heritage moves faster than light. If a king dies, the prince instantly becomes the king.

Do you think you can make a rotating black hole engine where you ride the interface which rests in the intersection of the black holes in a ship with neative matter hull properties to achieve superluminal velocities?

Just asking. Not an alien. We don't visit this site.

>when you realize we can never surpass the speed of light
>when you realize humans will never explore our own galaxy
>when you realize there is no hope

>Black holes

Get out of here Alien.

That’s the dumbest fucking thing I’ve ever heard.

t. King's forgotten brother.

>You're blind and can't even see light

Thanks.

Well, you don't have to move at all. Space can move for you. *expansion

>Space can move

What in God's name are you talking about

there is always bending space as there is no limit to the amout of power we can generate but our own technology.

>when there's fake news that we can actually detect planets from billions of light-years away

People ITT haven't heard about the quantum entanglement experiments from last year...

yeah and there's going to be a limit to our own technology

no, you.

After laughing at the gravity wave experiments of the year before, I figured I didn't need to.

you can't transmit information faster than light via quantum entanglement

Except they did.
sciencemag.org/news/2017/06/china-s-quantum-satellite-achieves-spooky-action-record-distance

Look at these irl brainlets. You can't bend space holy shit someone get this laughing gas off me.

>China
>satellite
>Quantum

Bigger red flags than the capital of communism.

you can't transmit information but you can transmit correlation

You don't even know what that means.

Study Physics and then come back, brainlet. Reading pop sci articles doesn't qualify you to spout your infantile perspective on the nature of the universe.

>The speed of light in a vacuum can't be surpassed

>hurr your opinion is cannot be my sacred book of physiks told me so
you're the brainlet here, bucko

>Look at me, I read university prescribed texts. That'll be $200.

Absolute brainlet

isthisbait.jpg

locally It can't

>A thing moves faster than itself

things have to move faster than they move for them to be aware of where they are going

>boohoo we only have an entire galaxy
>not realizing the truth that we wont get out of our own solar system for thousands of years, if ever

Heritage requires an observer. An observer cannot retrieve the information required to be aware of this shift faster than the speed of light. Heritage cannot exist independently of the observer as it is an entirely abstract fabrication.

>when you realize extending our lifespans by even only ten times the amount we can already comfortably reach the nearest stars with our current propulsion technology

>things have to be aware

>>when you realize humans will never explore our own galaxy
Learn2read retard.

>extending our lifetimes 10fold

this will be extremely difficult

kek

A previously established concept doesn't need a new observer to make it a fact. The instant the king is dead the heir is king

If you put your waifu in one galaxy and you stand in another galaxy and both galaxies are moving away from each other, you are being separated at speeds faster than the speed of light.

>nonono light is the fastest okay nobody can beat light speed
whats next? A church to worship light? warrior of light? light terrorist? Fucking brainlet I swear

smartest guy itt

Laugh out loud

3x10^8m/s+1

:^)

Well, you can't go from < c to > c if that's what you mean. If not I'd like to hear an actual argument.

/r/im12andthisisdeep/

>"Theoretically, even if entangled objects are separated, their precarious quantum states should remain linked until one of them is measured or disturbed. That measurement instantly determines the state of the other object, no matter how far away. The idea is so counterintuitive that Albert Einstein mocked it as "spooky action at a distance."
>"Starting in the 1970s, however, physicists began testing the effect over increasing distances. In 2015, the most sophisticated of these tests, which involved measuring entangled electrons 1.3 kilometers apart, showed once again that spooky action is real."

Not just China bb.

except you still can't transmit any data this way

Special relativity still holds. There is no simultaneity. The king is dead in his local frame of reference but alive in all other frames.

OK, you accept that simply acceleration won't do the trick.
But ANY form of FTL travel or communications (jumps through hyperspace, etc.) implies the possibility of backwards time travel and causality violations.
Look up Minkowski diagrams or read any (not totally popsci) book on Special Relativity.

To put it VERY briefly, you're familiar with the Twin Paradox? Both twins see the other's clock as "running slow". How can they both be right? It's because clocks cannot be compared unless they're brought together again. Not necessarily to the same velocity. Just to the same location. THAT means the traveling twin has to turn around and come back. The change in inertial-frames at the turnaround provides the needed asymmetry and takes the problem out of Special and into General Relativity. If you think about it, a jump through Hyperspace could get you back to Earth without changing your velocity vector. That restores the "both clocks can't be slower than the other" paradox.

Deh will find deh weh brudda

>compress space
>go faster
or, alternatively
>make a material where light is still

woah...

Light doesn't have a speed, that's sci-fi shit.

>get a stik that goes from earth to mars
>move the stick
>intantly info transmition
>light will take 16 minutes
mmm sure lad go back to pol

wrong, the stick will only travel at the speed of the force applied to it versus its own tensile strength

If it's strong enough and the force is great enough then maybe, but it would be stronger than any material we know of and the force applied would have to be greater than any force we know of

still, info can travel faster than light easily
also i was inspired on a trollscience comic

>still, info can travel faster than light easily
Explain how

... or will it?

Wrong, the push travels at the speed of sound in the material of the stick.

This is your chance to make a huge fortune!
In stock trading, microseconds count. High speed traders place and cancel orders in a millionth of a second. They'll pay big bucks to gain any advantage possible.
The current limiting factor is the speed of light. Or so THEY think!
There are plans to build a particle accelerator and transmit data from Europe to New York via neutrino beams. Neutrinos are slower than light, but they can take a shortcut right through the Earth. You knowledge is worth BILLIONS! Call JP Morgan Chase before someone else on Veeky Forums steals your idea!

Not even if the stick was made of neutron star material. The speed of sound through it must still be less than light.

you are a skeptical guy

Is this really happening?

HAHA YOU SO SMART

YOU GER NOBEL PRIZE

forbes.com/sites/brucedorminey/2012/04/30/neutrinos-to-give-high-frequency-traders-the-millisecond-edge/#6ed95049590c

Just google "stock trading neutrinos" to see dozens of other articles.

Light is not aware of where it's going. Lrn2relativity weeb

>Relativity

>a man traveling in a spaceship moving at light speed can go through our entire universe in a lifetime due to time dilation and length contraction

is this true?

>spins around quickly
>moon is moving faster than light
Is relativity false now?

??
why
tk well earned

morse code or something??

Is that the issue? You can't use the correlations to communicate, but the correlations nonetheless exist. The problem is whether this should be interpreted as a kind of causality unprecedented in physics and which directly violates not only our classical intuitions but also our standard model

the idea is that the correlation exists but it cannot transmit information

the fact that it cannot transmit information is why it can happen instantly

now imagine he is naked and you observe him as he spins around. depending on his angle his erect penis will look like a flattened coin or a thin knife

clearly perspective is absolute not relative

time stops for anything moving at light speed

Classical intuitions went out the window a long time ago. Our everyday experiences (which is where we get our "common sense") fail whenever QM or GR become important.

We seem to have proven that the universe is non-local. So long as it can't be taken advantage of though, I think most physicists are resigned to the "shut up and calculate" meme until someone comes up with a better idea or experiment. It's similar to the idea of space-time singularities; encountering one would smash a good deal of current physics, but they're not an immediate problem IF they're always locked up behind an event horizon.

how close do we have to get to light speed for my statement to be true

you really are talented at shitposting user

Quality shitposts like this are a rarity nowadays. Thanks for cheering me up, user.

There'll always be hope, user. Never stop believing.

youtu.be/Uo2NIV3IrMY?t=2m28s

pretty damn close, the universe is a big place

If the universe is flat, how can earth be a sphere my dudes?

no but you can with electricity dumbass
>set wire from earth to mars
>send current
>instant info transmission
>it would take 16 miutes via light

this

Wow i didn't know brainlts were going to be so jealous of basic phisycs knowledge.
you cant travel faster than light but sending info faster than light has nothing to do
also
>not arguments
sorry lad you lost

The qualitest shitpost of Veeky Forums

wrong

now say that without tiers in your eyes

>I dont understand special relativity

Brainlet, theres no speed limit in the universe.

>The speed of sound through it
?? nobody talked about sound.

I'm not certain, but if you are travelling at any speed below c, you will still experience the passage of time, although it will be more grossly dilated the closer you get to c. so, hypothetically, you still age ergo you can still age to death during your space travels. I'm convinced though, that in order to travel at c you'd have to convert all your matter into photonic energy, as anything else would have a rest mass that would "weigh" it down and prevent it from achieving c. I think. I dunno. I'm a brainlet.

Nothing with rest mass can travel at c. You could travel infinitely far if you achieved c because length contraction would completely shrink the distance, making your destination right in front of you. You will also crash into it without being able to stop. So don't try to travel at c.

I like you

seriously though why cnt we pass information trough wires faster that speed of light (or at least you imply this)???
I mean we are not violating any rule. The electrons move slower, but the chain effect make it happen instantly, r-right??

Thanks for the pratchett memorum.

kek

why is light so fast tho