China is going to land a man on the dark side of the Moon this year and yet Veeky Forums can only talk about a simple...

China is going to land a man on the dark side of the Moon this year and yet Veeky Forums can only talk about a simple rocket. Thoughts on this sci project? I think it could be the biggest event of the decade.

independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-moon-landing-manned-mission-space-exploration-programme-lunar-programme-a7776566.html

>China is going to land a man on the dark side of the Moon this year
With what? Their most powerful rocket right now is 25 tons to LEO and their super-heavy Long March 9 won't be ready until 2025 at the earliest, by their own optimistic projections

Honestly, putting a probe where no one else could possibly verify sounds right up china’s alley. I’m sure it will be successful of course

>chinas dum and stuf

FAGGOT.

Fuck you for making me post this.

You think China tells the world everything? Visit there and it's like a sci-fi movie.

I visitied China, they have have nice whores.

It's not China's fault that the world can't verify

Samefag.

>explodes mid flight
Sir the boosters are made in china

Your article says it'll be a probe, not a person, landing on the moon this year. l2read OP

That will be another step for mankind. Good for them and I hope our Nation will do the same some time.

>China is going to land a man on the dark side of the Moon this year
>A government official said last year that China wants to put astronauts on the moon by 2036
Reading is important.

No they're gonna put a probe on the dark side of the moon

Are you implying the Chinese would...cheat?!
I'm aghast.

You think China gives a shit about living conditions?
He will probably be left there to die.

We can verify it. We have satellites orbiting the Moon that can verify these kinds of things, like the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.

It's really sci-fi when their escalators eat people up.

One way trip or maybe even impactor landing. If the astronaut doesn't have pressurized cabin it could be doable with existing rockets.

>human person goes up on rocket
>an heros
>lander lands on moon
we did it reddit!

No no no no no, no. They're landing a PROBE on the dark side. They're shooting an astronaut their in the 2030s. Which is fucking absurd. We got someone on the moon less than 10 years after someone first went into space. Why the delay?

>Long March 9 won't be ready until 2025
What the fuck happened to rocketry and going from a man in orbit to the moon in a decade?

because the us faked theirs?

This.

If Russia didn't do it then nobody can.

>China is making “preliminary” preparations to send a man to the moon, state media cited a senior space official as saying, the latest goal in China's ambitious lunar exploration programme.

>The country also plans to land the first PROBE ever on the dark side of the moon in 2018, another milestone.

I want shitposters to leave, or at least try harder.

If released Soviet documents are anything to go by, then China's space program is a total mess like theirs is which will cause them to use their existing systems (or copied Russian systems) for the foreseeable future. Also at least the SU was planning on doing something cool like the MAKS shuttle, which was NASA' original plan for the STS anyway (which the USSR also copied in the form of Buran).

STS was a mess and it's replacement program was/is an ongoing mess. Trump will announce the next phase of it during his state of NASA speech on Feb 12th.

Also when it comes to budget priorities, Reagan wanted Space Station Freedom, which was rolled into the ISS which has been NASA's priority since about 1995.

I mean how hard can it be to go to Mars
>build up something somewhat the size of the ISS, stuff it with food and attach a lander with a few launches, or send it seperately
>send up like three crew
>even better, send some food and fuel ahead of time to LMO
>do a burn and get them to Mars
>normal ISS shit for 3 months
>land
>spend a month doing cool shit with the present habitation and food
>take off, rendevous with mars ISS
>fly back
ezpz

You could do a manned moon mission using 4 LM 5 rockets and orbital assembly... but China does not care much about space, it's underfunded and the people running it lack talent, like ESA.

Because it needs it's own transfer stages and landers, which costs a lot to develop.

long live duct tape

I hope China gets nuked

Both are scientifically somewhat irrelevant - they are publicity stunts.

>what is radiation shielding

because the american space program is worse now than it was 50 years ago.

America cant even put a man on the moon anymore.

America is to busy jerking itself off about how it gave taxpayer money to a private company to put a shitty rocket in orbit.

its pathetic and shameful

Idk man, by the time of the Apollo missions, China was still an agrarian society. The fact that they have come up with this in such a short period of time seems amazing.

>it's like a sci-fi movie.

Just like my cyberpunk

>America cant even put a man on the moon anymore.
Why would we want to? It's great that China is catching up to the 60s and all, but we already did all that.

Good, jewnited states of nigeria will btfo hard.

>dark side of the Moon

There's no such thing, unless you mean they're going to land at night.

we already did all that
>camera man reflection
>aluminiumfoil tincan capable of spaceflight
>no visible stars in any of the released footage despite the moon having no atmosphere
>flag of USA is moving as if theres an air current available
>no impact crater
>more than one light source visible (movieset)
>3 astronauts died during a "systems test", most likely murdered by the government for not staying quiet thats it was gonna get hoaxed
>etc

it is a really skinny man

youre a special kind of idiot arent you