This is the best timeline

This is the best timeline

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KBMU6l6GsdM
theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/01/nasa-trump-bridenstine-lightfoot-bolden/550952/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Tesla deployment has been 10/10.

Shots from the video are easily pictures of the year.

The cubs won in one of the objectively top-five all time World Series. I've actually checked that out (other top series include 1956 and 1991, and possibly the original contest, 1903). Days later, Trump pulled out a win and hasn't been killed yet; quite the opposite he's going full-throat for his opposition. A meme-car in space.

OP is correct.

The double booster landing was fucking surreal

That's the real highlight and achievement. the image reminds me of various images from Evangalion: the original angel fending off a rocket, but also the synchronized swimming episode a bit later (Israfel).

No the best timeline is the one where we built space colonies in the 1980s and David Bowie does a music video in space.

Trump is planning space colonies in his second term from /pol/ rumors. He was very fast at congratulating Elon today.

>his second term
uh oh

>his second term
An 80-year-old President is what we really need. Yeah.

Can you fuck off back to /pol/? Thanks, we don't need /x/ 2.0ers here.

Imagine being the guy who has to program them with that much precision

I don't think it was programmed much like that, more like because they separate at the same time and undergo the same boostback burns and entry burn sequences they're bound to be very close when it comes to landing.

How would you go about tuning feedback control constants for a rocket like this?

That's assuming he survives getting fired out of a cannon into the Sun, right?

Truly the best timeline, I am SO happy today

Anons can you tell me, why did the livestream end? Approximately how far could the car get from Earth before it loses signal? I was optimistically hoping for a view of Earth as a single sphere in one frame but it cut off too soon

So why do you guys think the center core failed to ignite three engines?
Did the onboard computer incorrectly calculate the required deltaV and only ignite one?
Or is the landing burn precalculated and they uploaded a mistake to the computer?
Or a mechanical reason? Assuming the center engine ignited it seems a little unlikely that the two that failed would be the two outside ones in that case rather than just one failing or an outside and the center.

No I mean the precision of the thrust vectoring to get them to land correctly.

Probably the same sort of physics based stuff that is used on that one popular video of a drone balancing long sticks with plates on top of it, but much more precisely and with different parameters. I'm only a brainlet so I'm speculating but they likely just run a full Newtonian simulation of them in realtime at varying levels of future prediction and then include tolerances to come up with reasonable deltas to apply on each thruster to achieve the end state with unknown initial and realtime conditions. Obviously I guess but yeah

Throw in on-board sensors like accelerometers and also off-site sensors like knowledge of wind conditions on the landing pad captured nearby and they could probably build very robust models.

>durrrr drumf is a badie

Shut up with your stupid memes retard. He has demonstrated himself to be a moron from day one. Get the fuck off Veeky Forums because anyone even remotely scientifically knowledgeable does not support Trump.

yeah, ageism! FUCK people who have been around the sun more than us!

Fuck off with your stupid straw man bullshit. He denies climate change, he thinks the body has a finite amount of energy and that exercise depletes it. Despite being rich as fuck due to inheritance and amazing narcissistic social manipulation skills, he's a moron when it comes to anything objective that extends beyond the petty matters of humans and society

So retarded, can't realize that hydrogen oxygen fusion gets more thurst into a fucking PEM

Yeah I never said any of that and this is not my arbitrary framework, this is basically any reasonable framework of empiricism and rational thinking developed in the last few thousand years or centuries. Keep straw manning, why am I responding to you when you're clearly mentally disabled? You think posting stupid memes actually proves your point. Thanks for fucking the world up

>this is not my arbitrary framework,
of course it is not. it is theirs.

What a waste of fucking money. There are people starving out there for fucks sake.

it is theirs.

Are you going to fucking respond to anything I've said with any substantial words or thought? What are you, literally what goes on in the minds of people like you? Are you just sitting there posting these stupid, fallacious, irrelevant pictures in response to everything I say, and actually feeling good about yourself as if what you've done indicates correctness or intelligence on your part? You're a fucking retard, let's not pussyfoot around here - all of you are fucking retards

Honestly I'm going fucking crazy, is this shit real, are you ALL literally THIS fucking stupid? I know that most people are stupid, but how are all Trump supporters equally stupid to a degree that I can't even begin to comprehend? You're so fucking stupid you make me want to fucking kill myself

I'm honestly getting pissed because this isn't fucking internet memes this is real life and these retards have the right to vote

it is theirs.

In continuation of this post, can you even fucking think for yourself? Why aren't YOU typing? Why are you just posting pictures along with stupid little 3 word taglines like "it is theirs"

Are you fucking braindead? Articulate your worldview or fuck off you absolute and utter brainlet. I hope you fucking die right now

This is Veeky Forums not /pol/ you all need to chill the fuck out. It doesn't matter who started it but if you keep going a mod is going to end it...

Well, maybe not right away, but they will eventually! Probably...

Look, the point is that conversation doesn't belong here. Change the subject back to "cool science shit that happened/is happening right now" please.

>people who disagree with me shouldn't be allowed to stand up for their rights

the facts are staring you right in the face.

It ended when they were about to do the final burn.

Elon said there's about 12 hours left of battery.

Unknown if they'll resume it or they'll just give us a compilation of the rest of it.

To be fair, Trump is at least talking about plans for CW-era space flight from NASA. Former governments recently, no matter Dem or Repub, have been lacking in this regard.

Of course, SpaceX has filled that gap somewhere, but the juggernaut of the US government can do better.

Too many people are acting like a Roadster to Mars is a big deal.
We've sent people to the Moon, satellites to greet Pluto. The next step is to obviously colonize the moon, then send an expedition to Mars, then colonize Mars. After Mars we go to the next livable space body in our solar system by sending an expedition, then a pioneering colony. Rinse repeat while people on Earth figure out hot to get an FTL engine work.

It's a very big deal in regards to cost effectiveness, and that it's a private venture.

Landing your boosters back is as big a deal as landing on the moon.

FTL is a meme that will never happen.

But yes, because of SpaceX and it's powerful market forcing towards cheap, reusable launches, colonizing the solar system just became a strong possibility.

This. Landing on the moon is great and it's far away, but it's actually easier to land on the moon than it is to land on Earth when you ignore signal delays and things like this. There is a lot more tolerance on the moon since it exerts less gravitational force, so error in angles is more forgiven. On the Earth it's full on, if you fuck up you're done

That being said this ignores the obvious signal transmission differences and lives involved

Oh man, you'll get a kick out of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=KBMU6l6GsdM

*that* is rocket thrust precision

>second term
>from /pol/ rumors

>his second term
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

>A nice thread has devolved into retards posting literal pol memes.

You won't be laughing in a few years.

NASA doesn't have an administrator right now. Trump doesn't give a shit about space:
theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/01/nasa-trump-bridenstine-lightfoot-bolden/550952/

I don't know about the rest of you, but this whole thing yesterday pretty much made my entire week. Seeing it live and seeing it working had more impact on me than watching the twin towers fall live.

*wipes tear away*

simulations

Evidently, it is going too fast and will pass the Mars & Heliocentric orbit, going on into the asteroid belt relatively near Ceres.

They most likely just burnt all the fuel left.

Hold those tears for when we put a man in Mars soon. We're gonna watch it live together.

I can't wait.

Throwing labor in the trash might have been technically less wasteful and not as awful a display of contempt for Society.

>i don't understand what is going on

lol

It made my whole year. My lifelong dream is to get into space. Haven’t been this excited in a very long time

I watched them come down from the upper atmosphere from Cocoa Beach. It was fucking amazing.

Can we make this a threesome?

Did hear twin towers?

Just a reminder this could not have been done under the Obama administration

Why?

Obama would steal the car.

That is exactly what they did

Can't argue with that.

you going to feed people with rocket fuel?

Board popularity spikes kills boards. First we got SpaceX fanboys and now we got /pol/. How bad it can get?

I would say /x/, but it's pretty the same thing as /pol/.

Too fast!

Say that to my face

Honestly, it was hype as fuck.

>FTL travel is a meme that will never happen

>people land on the moon 50 years ago
epic progress

>2018 put a payload in low earth orbit
its literally nothing

>low earth orbit

see:

Best Heavy Metal timeline

>Being senile doesn't disqualify you from being president
The absolute state of drumpfkins.

actually u r the mad one now

Honestly the mathematics of space travel aren't very complicated or difficult. Theoretically it's pretty simple, but the devil with these things and the reason why they're so impressive is in the details. Like Elon said, there were thousands of things which could have gone wrong because there are hundreds of different systems working in tandem. Quality control and engineering are the hard parts.

this gets us closer to space mining/space habitation

feeding starving ooga boogas gets us??? more useless hungry ooga boogas, yeah nice investment

Yeah but now their descendants will be starving on mars

>people land on the moon 50 years ago with billions upon billions of dollars of total cost that would bankrupt even a country like the USA on the long run, non-reusable rockets, overall only available to a very few NASA/soviet astronauts and high danger levels

vs

>2018 put a payload in low earth orbit
>total cost ~90million$ which is reduced to below 60 due to the fact that the rocket parts are reusable, almost triple the cargo capacity compared to other heavy rockets, paves the path to actuall affordable space travel that is not limited to space agency employees

Don't be retarded

New Resident Evil boss confirmed?

>Evidently, it is going too fast and will pass the Mars & Heliocentric orbit, going on into the asteroid belt relatively near Ceres.
It's still in Heliocentric orbit you nigger.

Did you catch the goof where they put up two video feeds from one rocket as they were coming in for the landing?

>mention trump
>every liberal within a hundred mile radius shits their panties
every time

Yeah, looks like they fixed on the official video though

The mentally inferior do not have the right to control matters above their station

kek

>tfw I'm an anti-abortion closed-border misogynistic conservative
>I just don't like confident stupid people
Everyone who dislikes Trump is a liberal.

Ah thanks. I went back and watched it. Nice to see the approach of each properly.

He's gone, lads. This is the last picture we'll ever see of him.

We're not getting Marsv rendezvous photos?