Starman is a fully-articulated and functional space exploration robot capable of VR telepresence and autonomous...

Starman is a fully-articulated and functional space exploration robot capable of VR telepresence and autonomous maintenance and construction, not a mannequin.

discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grid_fin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exposure_(photography)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Farts are just food ghosts.

discuss

holy shit

deserved separate post

i've considered this but i'm not sure

Was hoping there was gonna be a grand reveal. Mannequin comes to life, lifts visor, it's Elon who gives a wave. The rocket activates and he blasts off, never to be seen again, his goal of returning to his home planet finally complete.

how long is the live stream going to be up anyway?

in the PC he said the batteries will last roughly 12 hours

S T A R W A V E !

P2

Aaand P3

>reddit ruined space

Surely a half-truth. Car gets to mars, system boots up again from the secondary batteries, and the EMdrive hidden in the bell it's attached to propels it into a gentle mars landing. Robot comes to life and builds a megafactory out of icy mud.

Elon opens his visor and as the batteries die, wishes everybody good luck. We have two years to figure out the tech to mount a martian rescue mission. Motivation.

Veeky Forums how did the side boosters land like this? I'm guessing some flight control surface and it's also very heavy in the bottom side?

Beautiful.

I at least expected a mechanical arm thumbs up, or tapping hand while music.

Thrust vectoring

Ah, thanks user

>Farts are just food ghosts

when the universal federation of planets range bans all of earth then you will all know what its like to be Australian.

The entire thing looked like a highly produced CGI video fucking game cinematic. I believe the rocket went up and then went out to sea, but the rest is total bullshit.
One camera showed a FLAT FUCKING EARTH the other showed a round planet. And now these fake as fucking pictures, has the entire planet in view? You would need to be approx 36,000 miles away from the 25000 mile around ball before you could fit the entire image in it. That's just the law of perception. How we see at a traingle, needs to be 1.5x the distance away of the height or length of an object to see the entirity by looking straight forward at it. A 20 foot tree if your next to it cant be seen if you just stare straight now go back 50 feet, and bam the entire tree is visible with out having to move your eyes.
Same shit with the planet.
I KNOW THIS COMMENT WONT MATTER, BUT THIS SHIT WAS FAKED BIG TIME. GIVING MORE CREDENCE TO THE FLAT EARTH.

also australia doesn't exist

>food ghost logic

Bro your low effort bait in a Veeky Forums thread totally did more than the millions of dollars spent on the falcon heavy launch on top of the millions and millions more spent paying the scientists and engineers over the course of development and testing of the rocket that resulted in a live stream that had 500 thousand viewers and videos that reached 10s of millions more views, what do you mean your comment won't matter?

old news

The grid-fins at the top are also used for guidance during descent. The final touchdown phase is pretty much all thrust vectoring though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grid_fin

>starMAN

very misogynistic desu

fpbp

>live stream that had 500 thousand viewers

it had well over 2 mil at one point

Jealous?

If you believe in the edible afterlife, I suppose it is a holy shit, yeah.

even if that retarded theory was true it would be useless he could never go anywhere other than the car

Myb. I meant before the rocket even launched

>The entire thing looked like a highly produced CGI video fucking game cinematic.

Because it was highly produced. They must have pre-simulated the whole sequence in order to calibrate the cameras for maximum aesthetic, but that makes it look fake.

But space always looks fake anyway so why not make it look as cinematic as possible.

>it would be useless he could never go anywhere other than the car

So your theory is that if they lied about the mannequin, that they must have told the truth about literally everything else?

Lo, and behold: the retard.

>So your theory is that if they lied about the mannequin, that they must have told the truth about literally everything else?
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
oh god, you should be thanking me that i even take a picosecond to acknowledge your existence.

Even if the mannequin was a powered vr shit thingie or whatever. there is no way that the car has any kind of propulsion system, without which it could not go anywhere.

but youd need a basic grasp of physics to know that and you dont even have elementary school level use of logic haha

i hope youre less than 12 because if not youre confirmed forever to be inferior

Holy shit

Too bad the batteries are already dead

Last picture.

why arent any stars visible in these pictures?

Kino.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exposure_(photography)

You're really overcompensating.

A groundbreaking hypothesis.

"see you, star cowboy"