The lady of the lake
Season of storms

The Sellout
The Trial
All Man Is

Pale Fire
De Brevitate Vitae
Mrs. Dalloway

How is that Vitae shit, mate? Would you recommend it?

The Individual and His Property
Storm of steel
the fifth season

The Alchemist
The Brothers of Karamazov
Spice and Wolf

The Idiot
Never Let Me Go
not sure, might start Les Mis

Notes from Underground

Infinite Jest

the myth of sisyphus

The Selfish Gene Theory

Blood Meridian

Book of the New Sun

And then im gonna read Dune again like I do every year

Black Skin White Masks
Orientalism
Whatever else post colonial theory can offer

The Gambler

The Idiot

The Brothers Karamazov

>The Sellout

What did you think of it? I thought it was okay to begin with, but then the tone just started to grate by about half-way through.

Stoner
East of Eden
Infinite Jest

QB7 L.uris
Below the salt T.costain
The moonstone w.collins

Freebies from an auction in middle u.s.

Romeo and Julliet
100 años de soledad
the gay science

Stoner
Treason by the Book
Black boy

Me 1 year ago, but in reverse order. What are your thoughts on the three, user?

>A slew of Shakespeare plays (Henry V, Merry Wives, Comedy of Errors, LLL, Troilus
>Martial's Epigrams, Anna Karenina
>All the Romans, starting with Virgil.

I'm fucking stoked. I'm gonna continue and try to read a Shakespeare play a day, until I'm re-reading them and re-reading them. Same with Plato.

The Sorrows of Young Werther
A Tale of Two Cities
Under The Volcano

Brothers Karamazov
The Revizor
Human, all too human

>Women and Men - fucking incredible

>The Pale King - surprisingly, it's better than IJ at times

>JR - I loved The Recognitions, and I've been excited to get to this

>last read book
The terranauts
>currently reading book
A littlle history of the world
>will to read book
A brief history of mankind, but before reading another history book i want to read a novel, but i dont have one in my backlog

The Skin of Sorrow

Les Chants de Maldoror

The sickness unto death

Things Fall Apart

The Iliad trans. Fitzgerald

Trying to work out some time to sit down and get wrapped up in it, hopefully soon

strange pilgrims
berlin blues
laughter in the dark

dead souls
crime and punishment
don't know yet

>tfw patrician

Last read
>El hereje (the heretic) by Delibes
Reading
>La muerte de Artemio Cruz (The death of Artemio Cruz) by Fuentes
Next
>Extension du domaine de la lutte (Whatever) by Houllebecq

The Futurological Congress
Taiko
History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire
Is it worth reading all the way through, by the way? I enjoyed reading Herodotus just casually in between other stuff, will this be the same or is it more boring?

>Hesse: Beneath the Wheel
>Musil: The Man Without Qualities
>Homer: The Illiad

Skip the morphology parts and the retarded systematic historical philosophy, just read his predictions about what's going to happen to the west

Crime and Punishment
The Brothers Karamazov
The Gay Science

Fuck, nevermind my response
I thought you were talking about Spengler

>King, Queen, Knave
>Season of Storms (muh no Ciri)
>(I think it's time to start with) Ulysses

Infinite Jest
No Longer Human
Blood Meridian

>The Aeneid
>The Blade Itself
>Before They Are Hanged

Infinite Jest
Infinite Jest
Infinite Jest

I recommend it. Short, well written essay. Pic related is the version I read. It has two other essays. The title essay is the best one, it's worth the price of admission just for that one.

>iq84
>nine stories
>raise high the roof beam, carpenters

I love Salinger

90% sure it was
>One Fat Englishman - Kingsley Amis
Current
>The Recognitions - William Gaddis
Will
>Charles Dickens
dunno which dickens yet

>>will to read book
are we on some ESL shit here?

Animal Farm
Starship Troopers
War and Peace

actually i just finished startship troopers this morning but i figured i would throw it in anyways

>last read book
The Odyssey
>will to read book
Can't decide Ulysses or War & Peace. Suggestions?

>>Can't decide between* Ulysses or War & Peace. Suggestions?
God, why can't I string a simple sentence together reeee

Lincoln in the Bardo
Rabbit, Redux
Stoner

Whole series, or just the first book?

>the farm - orwell
>I started reading 1984 but I stopped some days ago because I didn't have time to read, now I do
>the master and margarita - bulgakov

war and peace

I finished the Iliad today

Not sure what to read now. I'd go straight to the Odyssey, but I want something shorter and more modern to take a break from Homer

The Odyssey

Try either Achilles by Elizabeth Cook or The Lost Books of the Odyssey by Zachary Mason.

Both are short, modern and excellent and both keep you on theme.

Last book was warlock. It was good but nothing special. Ending felt cheap.

Currently reading a smugglers bible. It is weird and captivating. Curious to see what becomes of it.

Next to read could be anything.

Haiku of Basho
Sense and Sensibility
Lolita, maybe

The Trojan War a New History
Lolita
The Illiad

Thanks

Unwanted Advances
Gravity's Meme
Don't know what I will read next.

More of ""him""?

>One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
>The French Lieutenant's Woman
>Not sure, maybe Nostromo, or I might see if I can pick up a copy of Against the Day

Pinball, 1973
If I did it: confessions of the killer
The seige of trenchers farm

I've been reading books in threes:

>Last Read:
Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham: The ultimate meme, I know. I loved Girls though and had an ex girlfriend's copy of Dunham's book and read it after the show finished. Frustratingly unreflective at times, lacking the vitality of her work on Girls. Disappointing and minor-key, with a handful of inspired essays.

Sermons and Lectures Both Blank and Relentless by Matt Hart: A generous and exciting collection of poetry. Lacks some of the linguistic daring of his more recent collections, but still more inventive and fresh than 99% of contemporary poetry.

Astonishing the Gods by Ben Okri: Charming fable. Much like Khalil Gibran's The Prophet. Linguistically rich, but would probably benefit from rereads to truly make sense of it. Kind of felt like skimming my feet in warm water without being fully conscious of the movement.

>Currently Reading:
Jacob, Menahem, & Mimoun by Marcel Benabou: By turns amusing, charming, and more seriously engaging. Very meta, and a book that would be enjoyed by anyone who has spent time studying genre and form in writing. Benabou seems like a real great dude.

All the King's Men by Robert Penn Warren: Absolutely fucking amazing. This is some of my favorite kind of writing. Manipulation of language masterfully done. Can go from dry and understand to complex and expansive without the change in registers having any discernible break in between. Fantastic book. Very timely in regards to how I can relate it to my own life as well.

Under Milk Wood by Dylan Thomas: Have only read the introduction thus far. Am waiting to read through it all in one chunk when I have the time to listen to the actual radio production of the script right after.

>To Read:
A Case of Need by Michael Crichton: Honestly I don't even know why I own this book or why I am reading it. I haven't read Crichton in YEARS, but this was somehow among the MANY unread books I brought home from school after I graduated in Dec. Apparently it's some kind of abortion thriller though, so who knows.

Looking Awry by Slavoj Zizek: I loved Pervert's Guide to Ideology and a professor gave me this book when I had mentioned it to her. It's Zizek applying Lacan to pop culture so. Pure Zizek. Maybe it'll help me get more out of the Crichton book.

Love and Other Hungers by Sarah O'dell Underwood: A lovely poet that read a year or so before I graduated at my school. Have had this for a while just hadn't had the chance to read it before now.

A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
V.
I don't know. Maybe Gravity's Rainbow, Mason & Dixon or Ulysses.

IT - stephen king
The serpent and the rainbow
The book of disquiet

Is the book of disquiet any good?

>The Sorrows of Young Werther
Does it even have any worth nowadays, outside the scope of the XVIII century romanticism? It's so naive it reads like a parody or a /r9k/ pasta.

"He" seems to be Denise Tantucci:
youtube.com/watch?v=zmyGURNxyHU&t=3s

Blood Meridian
Atlas Shrugged
Arsene Lupin Omnibus

> The Little Prince
> Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
> Heart of Darkness or The Hunchback of Notre Dame

I really like the "lesson" that Lincoln in the Bardo teaches but it was a bit meandering in my opinion but with some very good points.

Not that user but then otherwise you should read "last letters of jacopo ortis", because is similar but it carries a stronger message, it speaks of a political paralysis, a romantic hero looking for an identity for his country, who is unable to find his fellow country men, he wishes to inspire his souls but find nothing but idleness, his love being stopped by mere titles where every party involved simply chooses to abandon himself to the invisible forces of social conventions.

I have no idea how is the translation though.

Pale Fire
The Remains of the Day
Faust (Goethe) or In Dubious Battle

The Book of Disquiet is a collection of nihilistic musings. They can be rather similar and disconnected, so I recommend reading a few musings a day, and pick a different book to properly read.

The Aleph (Borges)

Breakfast of Champions (Vonnegut)

Steppenwolf, Roadside Picnic, or Solaris

Which one would you recommend?

Read Oblomov

I thought it was disjointed and unsuccessful. I generally like Saunders, but largely because he is generally outstanding about making his readers feel empathy with ugly characters (and questioning whether or not they really are so ugly to begin with). There was next to none of that in "LitB;" and the characters generally stayed pretty distant and cold (and many of the racist characters basically were irredeemable, which is not what I expect from Saunders). The parts out of history books that made a Rashomanesque kaleidoscope of background went on far too long to make a simple point.

And most of the stuff about race felt like it had been shoe-horned in (especially the part where a black guy decides to inhabit Lincoln for the rest of history, but nothing is really said about this beyond 'it happened!').

Meh. Hopefully he gets back to better short fiction soon.

- fear and loathing on the Campaign trail 72
- crime and punishment
- The Brothers Karamazov
>kind of on a dotoyevsky binge rn

>Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
>Demons.
>Master and Margarita or Dr Zhivago. Don't really feel like reading either though tbqh.

Haven't read steppenwolf, but I liked solaris way better than roadside

Whores for Gloria by Vollmann
Infinite Jest, half done
Ulysses

Meyer's history of ontology
The Trial (This time in german)
"The new spirit of capitalism" - Boltanski and Chiapello

Since you just read the Odyssey, i'd say the Iliad. If you're french-speaking (You never know) i recommend Victor Bérad's translation.

master and margarita
goethe's faust
oblomov/tom jones, a foundling/tristram shandy; not sure which.

Would you recommend the terranauts? I am currently reading the german translation of Water Music. It's my first T.C. Boyle book and I am really enjoying it so far.

>Absalom, Absalom! by Willy Faulk
>Kokoro by Natsume Soseki
>Either Savage Detectives or Laughter in the Dark

The Call of the Wild

Interview with the Vampire

Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World

>White Noise

>For whom the Bell Tolls/Come on In (Bukowski)

>The Trial.

Ecclesiastes
Crime and Punishment
The Aeneid

>the Oresteia
>the Histories, the 3 Theban plays
>Anabasis, 4 plays of Aristophanes

Negative Dialectics
Anti-Oedipus
Reading Capital part 1

>The Annals and Histories by Tacitus
>Picking up the Iliad again.