Well done, musk, well done

Well done, musk, well done

HOWEVER

It only has reliability, nothing more.

Just what I need for my manned missions

Russia is still ahead.

It's not like they will be sending people with FH.

soyuzboi detected

soy uz boi

LEOlet the Rocket

>the vehicle we use to send people to the ISS is essentially the same design as the rocket that launched Sputnik
Pretty crazy really, but it's a good system I guess

COЮЗ HEPУШИMЫЙ

What is the furthest orbit it can launch a payload?

Aren't Ruskies supposed to test a nuclear engine in space this year? Or was it just the usual propaganda?

The fact that they've built nearly a thousand of the fucking things over half a century and they STILL cost over $60 million each is ridiculous though.

The concept is in trouble right now, but in 5 to 10 years it'll be totally buried by reusable rockets.

Soyuz is reliable, but it's a dinosaur and can't really do much besides short trips to LEO.

Also they don't even have an ocean to drop the discarded stages in, they just drop them on Kazakhstan or Siberia and hope it doesn't land on anyone. Who cares about toxic propellants anyways?

I think it's just a ground test, which is nothing new of course. Hard to find info on it though, at least in English.

that's probably safer than dropping them in the ocean desu

Just put a parachute on ut :)

>toxic propellants
you are mistaking it with Proton

>XXI century
>using disposable rockets

you might as well send up a steam ship

Wasn't Russia developing a reusable booster sometime back in 2012 (probably got cancelled during the RFSA reformation and oil crash budget cuts though)?

It's project name started with a C, and it had a aerospike engine circled by smaller normal engines.

sometimes I admire the russians
theyre simple
>make something
>it works
>keep it

even Russia realizes the R-7 design is a dead end. The upcoming Soyuz-5 will be based on Zenit, but redesigned for all-Russian manufacturing instead of partly Ukraine.

as for today, the only kinda alive projects of interest are reusable boosters for Angara (which will be abandoned anyway due to extreme costs) and 1MW nuclear thruster.

what a fucking waste of money, sending all those dollars to space, elon musk is retarded and must be sued for the damage he has caused the economy. nice fucking job you nonce

kek

>don't improve it
>fail to innovate
>get left behind

Good on those ruskis

I don't know the name of it but the way that the cradle thing that holds the rocket before it launches folds down looks really cool.

You mean Buran?