This board never seems to discuss anything new

This board never seems to discuss anything new.

What are the best/your favourite reads from the past 10 years Veeky Forums?

The Name of the Wind. I love Kvothe and Rothfuss' prose is gorgeous.

This is why we can't have nice things

Shibumi. I haven't met anyone else whose heard of trevanian though

Derek Landy.
But only because I read his YA books when I was really young

A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James
The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell
My Struggle series by Knausgaard
The Pale King by David Foster Wallace
The Road by Cormac McCarthy (t b h, I think this was published in 2006)
Uzumaki by Junji Ito

They're probably my favourites from the past 10 years.

To be fair, OP, a lot of the old books discussed here tend to be considered of classic status. It's bound to be easier to find a great book that's a couple hundred years old.

The Vegetarian by Han Kang is v. good
Bleeding Edge is as well but that's poasted here

This board is for literary memes, like the rest of this site is for respective memes, political, musical, etc. Expecting genuine content and real opinions was where you went wrong kiddo. Now you know.

t
>Uzumaki by Junji Ito

Didn't that come out in the 90s?

This book was published 11 years ago. It's set in the comfy northwest, and it's a well written love story with a couple of clichés, but not as many as the regular drivel. It builds up to a good ending, too. It shows you the mind of the female in love without being tedious. This book does get a lot of hate, however. Mostly because of the internet meme "still a better love story than twilight", but i can say for sure that those people haven't read twilight.

You're right, my mistake, user. I'm thinking of the single volume hardback edition which came out last year.

>publishing house stop being selective, ending up publishing mostly trash
>the uneducated can't be sure anymore of the quality of what they are reading
>the educated population is too small to assist and promote all the valuable writers of our generation, means that they won't ever be able to interact with the general public
>it's a vicious cycle, meaning that the more time passes the less masterpieces are published, which will result in a further shrinking of the market for masterpieces, which will result in even less masterpieces published, and so on until now, where the name of contemporary masterpieces is almost a secret knowledge, owned only by the most well-read individuals in this society

>tfw this extends to every other artistic medium

Will art ever recover? Will humanity ever understand that linking the free market to art market will inevitably result in the death of art itself?

The Vorrh

"London for Immigrant suckers; So long Yugoslavia"

literally kill yourself.

He's also a really fast writer!
I'm sure that the next book will come out any month now...

stargate fucking sucks

shut the fuck up you pathetic piece of dog shit

Fuck off you pleb.

>The Vegetarian by Han Kang
This is on my 'too read' list fairly close to the top. Glad to see a Korean author gaining traction internationally.

What solution do you propose?

The neckbeards have arrived.

Forcing governments to separate the art market from the free market through a nuclear deterrent.

Houellebecq, Cormac McCarthy and DFW all get discussed almost daily on Veeky Forums. What the fuck are you talking about?

>What are the best/your favourite reads from the past 10 years Veeky Forums?

The works of Andrea Dworkin-sama have literally reformed my whole outlook on life and began to improve my mental health condition. No joke.

Not 10 years but Ellroy's American trilogy and last three of his LA quadology are as kino as books get.

I was really hesitant to read cause I got such a pretentious vibe from Ben Lerner and his brows, and it was a bit pretentious, but I wouldn't say it didn't earn the right to be pretentious.The chapter about the Challenger exploding has stuck with me.

The Magicians by Lev Grossman