ITT: /summer/core lit. Post, rec, even rate

ITT: /summer/core lit. Post, rec, even rate.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LAOnMzNN1hU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hi Oprah!

>How to Kill a Mockingbird
>gives no instructions at all about killing mockingbirds

You know, as much as I didn't enjoy this book, it's excellent for summer

thanks, user. I agree to some degree

>love between Scout and Dill
>don't even get past first base

This is the most overrated, emotionally manipulative, morally flat, predictable, and childish novel ever considered to be a classic in America.

the story is about Atticus

Okay? None of those criticisms are being addressed by stating something so obvious it's rivaled only by the lessons of this shit novel

Everyone knows women can't write.
This novel was Ghost written by Capote.

New release: Eveningland by Micheal Knight. Short stories. One of the comfiest books I've ever read. Dunno if it's /core/, but read it on a summer night.

It's to kill a mockingbird not how to kill a mockingbird. You're thinking of the hunger fags

Im prepping to read the meme trilogy this summer. Should be an interesting one.

This book was fucking awesome in the 8th grade. Fuck the haters.

I'm going on a five day vacation with 14 hours spent in a plane round trip.
Going to read:
>Siddhartha
>The Old Man and the Sea
>Stoner
>Man's Search for Meaning
>The Courage to Be

Hopefully I'll be able to make it through all five before I get home.

Mockingbird is ok, but it's really one of Capote's lesser works.

Not sure if it's /summercore/ but I'm going to read the Idiot. Now it's time to hear my shitty family say that the book fits me perfectly.

I love how people still believe Harper actually wrote it, even after Watchman came out, which she did mostly write and which was complete shit.

Yeah, it's kind of crazy to me too. You would think people would at a minimum accept that Capote's at least gave her a ton of help writing and editing, but as soon as you say his name, it's nothing but vocal Lee defenders denying he had anything to do with it.

Anyways, for a better Capote summer read, "Breakfast at Tiffany's" is pretty good and comfy, and also is the prototype for the so-called manic-pixie-dream-girl genre, though that genre is really more of a devolution than an evolution from the original.

I loved this book.

FACT: Grapes of Wrath is top tier comfy summer reading

Weirdly I read this in the heat of summer and have always inadvertently associated them with each other.

Why would Capote let Lee take credit for his book?

They were childhood friends, and Harper helped him out when he was gathering documentary evidence and interviews for In Cold Blood.

Also, his other works are better, so it isn't like he damaged his reputation by letting Harper Lee get the author credit.

>Also, his other works are better, so it isn't like he damaged his reputation by letting Harper Lee get the author credit.

But he could've won a Pulitzer Prize, right?

Honestly, had he been given author's credit, it probably wouldn't have won any big prizes, let alone the Pulitzer. The Pulitzer Committee back then was pretty hostile to homosexuals.

Holes

LOTR is the best read during the summer.

This. It goes on to explain that to kill a mockingbird is pretty fucking hard and she has no idea how to do it.

youtube.com/watch?v=LAOnMzNN1hU