Can DP/DR be treated? I can't function. I want to stop existing. Where the fuck are we? What is all this everything...

Can DP/DR be treated? I can't function. I want to stop existing. Where the fuck are we? What is all this everything? What the fuck is going on?

Just don’t think about it and/or go fuck something and you’ll feel better.

This seems to be the only way to go about it. Unless I immerse myself into something it can come right at me. It's so suffocating. I push walls sometimes, the failure to do move them helps me "get back inside".

It hurts so much knowing that the only way to go around it is to trick myself into not thinking about it.

Look I hate to be the one to break thiis to you but we arent real and everything that exists to us has the sole purpose of performing randomised trials. Who is doing this? Fuck if it matters. You only exist as long as your part in the experiments go on.

The part that makes no sense to me is that we are given occaisional glimpses of coherant sentience, but the rest of the time the part of me thats me is utterly powerless within its shell. By that I mean I am not in control of my own mind, not completely. I can influence it but in truth... Im just along for the ride. So are you and theres nothing any of us can do about it.

Just strive to be true to your nature, there is nothing more honest or meaningful in life. Everything else is irrelevant. The simulation, the experiments, thats all that matters.

Submit to the simulation.

Stop doing drugs. Trust me I know from experience.

unfortunately this

What drugs? Psychedelics? I actually experienced Derealization frequently BEFORE psychedelic use, but never after, although my use was limited

What does 11:11 mean to you? Are you sure you are in a simulation?

On on : on on

Theres no way to prove it either way just like god some questions currently have no answer.

Pretty sure its a perfectly natural state of mind to be in but believing you have zero ability to influence outcomes within your life is unhealthy.

Its human nature to pick away at things that make no sense, unfortunately things that make no sense usually seem that way only because of the things we dont know yet.

OP here. Never done drugs. Don't drink or smoke.

Just buy some nootropics

fix your diet and get enough sleep

>Implying we are important enough to be part of an experiment

No more important than any other part of the whole. The entirety of my existence holds no more value than that of any other object, save that, as a higher form of life there are more possibilities within my potential for use in experimentation.

So an atom is from a certain perspective less interesting due to its inherant stability and lack of change. Am I a more interesting experiment than a lion? Than a tree? Than a galaxy, or galactic cluster or whatever we are in a piece of if we could zoom out far enough to "see" it?

I dont know. You can get lost asking these questions.

>nootropics
Meme

>I want to stop existing.
You know what to do

A partial dopamine agonist seems right up your alley, user.

Also lay off the pot or at least attenuate your dosage. Depending on your genetics it could really fuck up your mental.

Quack

I haven't ever done drugs. I've always felt that the world "looks fake", I recall feeling like that even as a kid.

all I hear you saying is "I have no willpower or desire to take control of my life so it must be that the universe is conspiring against me to make me a poor victim of the chaotic nature of the world. Luckily for me the way I've framed this it makes it so that if you think it's not like this then you're part of the simulation because of course, it couldn't be that I'm wrong it's everyone else"

Do you really think you know enough to make such an extraordinary statement about the nature of reality?

when did Veeky Forums become /x/ ?

so you thought that getting fucked up on psychedelics would be a good idea for your mental health? dude lay off the sauce and get your life together.

So what exactly constitutes real to you then?

You're a fucking idiot. they saved my life

I don't think you really understand what this illness is. It's not a belief, it's a feeling of fakeness that I can't control.

Should've also probably answered your question a bit more directly. I don't know. When the feeling takes over nothing feels real and the question you asked is a part of the dread.

From my experiences the more I focused on it the DR increased. I reached a stage where i didn’t care if it ruined my life and I didn’t care to die then it just started to go away.

Vipassana meditation will help

Kappa opioid antagonists will pretty much "cure" it OP. I'm waiting for ALKS-5461 to come out and if it doesn't I'll order some jdtic from China. Don't be so easy to dismiss potential medical treatment and let the pseudo metaphysical aspects of DP/DR fool you, it is just a chemical imbalance like most other mental disorders.

will you be able to take these antagonists together with stims like ritalin, I've heard opioids interfere with dopamine pathways

>Thinking you know anything about me.

I have willpower and desire but if you think you are 100% in ontrol of your mind and that at times automated reactions do not occur which you may or may not have set up yourself, then youre delusional.

Im not alone in thinking this way and it isnt unhealthy. In the vast majority of cases diagnoses isnt even necessary. Hence all the free will vs determinism threads.

Less strawman, faggot be gone.

No idea

Can any medfriend answer pls

Do you have a regular sleep schedule where you get enough sleep? Do you exercise and eat halfway healthy?

I'm not saying your thoughts aren't legitimate (because they are), but practically they don't do you any good. Try and be less depressed, do some normie shit and find some passion. That'll help you forgot about it for a while.

We're all in this together

Bad sleep and don't exercise. Eat 2 times a day, skinny.

That's the only thing I know for sure that helps. Immersing yourself in some activity and forgetting about this.

When I quit Prozac DP/DR symptoms were a big part of my withdrawals. Fortunately they basically went away after like 4 months (can't say the same about other withdrawal symptoms e.g. caffeine intolerance, brain fog/zaps).

I would try to fix the sleep part first and also some exercise, not saying it will stop the feelings (was there for years), just that not doing that stuff can make it even worse. Sry for the boring advice, just thought I'd mention it.

>it couldn't be that I'm wrong it's everyone else
Not the guy you're responding to, but this is actually completely true. People live in a complete fucking illusion, thinking they have free will and control, but in reality everybody is just a walking a bag of meat, acting according to the laws of physics. Nobody has any agency or control, but it's funny that believing you do seems to be very important for humans to be able to function psychologically.

Stop it. You are who YOU choose to be.
Be the person you want to be.. how is this not obvious?
I can not understand mental illness, just BE who you want to be. If you do not want to act freaky then do NOT act freaky. If you are scared of something, then man up and get over it. You control who you are.

>I don't know
>I don't know
>I don't know
>And it doesn't matter

"Suffered" from DP/DR due to psychedelics and weed. Stopped smoking weed and did more psychedelics which helped me learn how be more "human". There's a calling to "work" that you need to follow, that's all that matters. If you ignore it you will become unhealthy and your life will be engulfed in chaos.

Not quite. We do have influence but not complete control.

>There's a calling to "work"

There is an animal inside all of us and its really the one in control... mostly. You can unintentionally deprive this animal of its needs. Things like food, shelter, sleep, even sex and human affection, the need to meet challenges which can be overcome.

A lot of people misunderstand life. Its really about keeping that animal happy so it doesnt interfere.

The human animal. Look it up. Quite a popular concept amongst entrepreneurs and leaders.

>just don't feel the way you do haha
When the feeling overcomes you, you see no reason to get over it. No reason for anything, really.

When I get my existential crises kicking in, I always remember Occam's razor.
A permanent simulation is indistinguishable from reality.

Also, I believe your thought process operates on the assumption that your brain is flawless, too flawless to be true. Once you realize how full of errors your perception of the world is, you start feeling your perception is what's false, not the world itself.

If you still can't shake the feeling that it's all fake, then appreciate the fakeness. See how deep it goes and arbitrarily call the deepest layer "reality".

Diet can also be a big factor. Deficiencies in things like magnesium can be hard to test for in the lab, but just ensuring youre eating the right foods is an excellent first step. You dont have to eat more, just more of the right stuff.

Brain chemistry comes from your food.