IQ test

Let's see how smart you all are. If you cannot answer this within 5 minutes you are officially a brainlet.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J82yzRjMY5Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propositional_calculus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm smart enough to go to the other thread and look at a proof that another user has already given of the problem.
C3

C3. Took like a minute.

It took me less than a minute to read the last two posts and guess C3 like the other two.

200 IQ

can someone explain please

Person A knew Person B didn't know the answer, so it couldn't be track A or track B (if it was A it could be A6 and person B would know, if it was B it could be B5). Person B knows they can eliminate tracks A and B, and this is enough info to determine the answer, so it must be one of D2, C3, or D4. Since person A now knows the answer, it must be C3, because if it were on track D they wouldn't be able to determine whether it was D2 or D4.

This question reads like nonsense to me. The sentences barely feel related to eachother. What am I missing

the whole problem is stupid

its a fucking image so the trolleys are not real so they dont move so nobody is killed

I made a picture of when each option gets eliminated.

There are four letters, only two of em imply bernard doesnt know the answer: C and D. Bernard knows it is in either C or D, therefore Bernard was guessing between only one them and A or B. C has one option on track with A and D has two options on track with A and B. If Bernard knows the answer because Albert said he knows, then it must be on C with its single option on track with A, C3.

Cool puzzle. I cheated, but it makes sense. I wish I was the type of person who had patience.

The problem is cool. The premise is annoying because it contains unnecessary information for the sake of the meme.

>tfw it took three minutes

How does Question 2 eliminate C1 or D1?

If it were on track, person B wouldn't know whether it was C1 or D1. Since they know the correct answer at this point, it can't be on track 1.

I get it now. Thanks user.

>t. actually tested at around 140 IQ when I was in 3rd grade

I´m smart enough to realize that no one in your life gives a shit about how intelligent you are.

how does q1 even eliminate 5, 6, a and b?? no sense to me. It never mentions it

>Person A knew Person B didn't know the answer, so it couldn't be track A or track B
????????????????????

If it's track A, then person A doesn't know whether it's A2, A3 or A6. If it's A6 then person B would know the correct answer, because it's the only possibility on track 6. So it can't be track A. Track B gets eliminated for similar reasons (person A wouldn't know whether it's B4 or B5 and if it's B5 then person B would know the correct answer). Once you've eliminated tracks A and B there are no more possible answers on tracks 5 and 6 so we can eliminate those as well.

>the only way you can stop her is crashing two trolleys together
It's easy to do it.
>albert letter
>bernard number
Literally who cares? There are many blue squares, just pick whatever you want.
>they want to not crash the trolleys
Then Albert and Bernard were told the combination to avoid the confrontation.

In other words they were told the combination of letter and number of an "empty" intersection.

OP's question is incomplete.

>If you cannot answer this within 5 minutes you are officially a brainlet.
I absolutely fucking agree. If you get it wrong you're somehow below brainlet.

c3
>5 minutes

ENGINEER HERE.

Assuming simultaneous launch time, Carriage length of one pad, and equal velocity, it’s obvious by inspection that C3 is the only point of intersection.

>If it's track A, then person A doesn't know whether it's A2, A3 or A6. If it's A6 then person B would know the correct answer, because it's the only possibility on track 6. So it can't be track A.

But that only eliminates A6, how does that extend to the entire track A? It could still be A2 or A3, since there are still posibilites on tracks 2, 3 and A left.

there is only one pad in numbers 5 and 6 (albert states that he knows that bernard doesn't know the correct pad, and that is the only way to know). this eliminates letter A and B

meant for

This. OP's question is incomplete and ridiculous.

Only low-creativity brainlets can get satisfied by such poor ambiguous explanation.

this guy is right A cant be eliminated and you all fell for the 200iq C3 larp.

its d4

(Me)
the guy youre responding to rather youre an idiot who cant see there are 2 tracks on A after the first elimination of 5 and 6

show me a betrer genuis youtube.com/watch?v=J82yzRjMY5Q

Albert has the letters. The only way for him to know for sure that the other person doesn't know which pad it is, is if he himself doesn't have A nor B, given that A and B are the sole of Albert's lanes that contain one single pad for one of Bernard's lanes.

Or to put it differently, if Albert had A or B, he wouldn't be able to know that Bernard doesn't know for sure which pad it is because Bernard could have 5 or 6, but since he does know, he can't have A, nor B.

That's why the first statement excludes A and B as possible letters for Albert, hence why you do have to exclude both lanes entirely.

C3 is correct.

Person A knows that person B doesn't know the correct answer, but he doesn't know the number of the correct track. If it were track A, he wouldn't know whether it was A2, A3 or A6, so he couldn't be certain that person B doesn't know the answer. The only way person A can be certain of this is if it's track C or D.

Took two minutes to try understand why by killing 20 people im saving 30 or 50 others and 5 seconds to find the right pad. Im a girl btw

D1

>5 seconds to find the right pad
liar.
Unless you've got superhuman processing power, it's not a problem where you can find the answer right away with one look.
good try tho.

Why the fuck would I stop mad sciencist?

Brainlet detected

You people are so bad at explaining, it's unbelievable.
The guy who knows the letters also knows that the pad is not situated a a place where the guy who knows the numbers would know right away, that means the pads who are isolated fall right away, as well as the litteral lines who support them (because the guy with the letters doesn't know where on the line the pad is).
Out of the possibilities left, 1 falls away because there are two possibilities and he (the guy who now knows where the pad is) would thus not know the answer, those one line D would also fall away because the last guy to know where the pad is would not be able to tell (two possibilities). The last pad remaining is C3.

That's now how it goes.

People don't talk like that.

>>>
Dumbfucks
>>>

Catches conversation by Cheryl minions, just to follow her plans, pretending you helping somebody but just following her master plan.

>>>

You retarded people.
And people really don't talk like this when there is a trolley problem.

I get into few problems a day, but nobody is using logic to describe subgroup of possibilities like this. NOBODY.

The question is wrongly worded.

That raises the question of how he could possibly know for sure that Bernard doesn't know the answer. (We don't even know if either of them know that the other has the letter/number)
I don't see a way for Albert to deduce that, which means he could be just guessing and the puzzle is unsolvable.

(Me again)

To expand: How Albert obtains the information that Bernard doesn't know is important. We "overhear them talking", so Bernard could have presumably told Albert that he doesn't know, which only tells him that it's not A6 or B5.

>I don't see a way for Albert to deduce that

Because Albert knows it's C, and he knows that none of the numbers intersecting with C have only a single option. Thus, Bernard, only knowing the number, could not possibly have deduced the correct pad with that information alone.

Realistically? I'd take out my glock and shoot all three of them, then get praised by the right-wing media for protecting innocent lives using a gun.

Okay after finally working through this problem, I'm starting to think there must be a mathematical function underneath it. A function I assume generated the problem to begin with, but I have no clue what it is. Could anyone point me to similar problems? I can't imagine this is the only one of its kind

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propositional_calculus

Given the Information, A2 or A3 is also possible without contradicting the evidence, so we can't say for sure it's C. Saying he knows B doesn't know for sure because it's C, so it can't be A2/A3 is begging the question.

The entire A track is eliminated by Albert'f first statement.

>D1

Albert can only confidently say that Bernard doesn't know the solution if Albert was given the letter C or D. If Albert was given A or B, there would be a chance Bernard was given a 5 or a 6 and thus Albert could not confidently claim Bernard couldn't know the answer.

The first statement leaves rows C and D as the only options. The second statement leaves only columns 2, 3, and 4 as options. The third statement leaves only C3 as an option. Each statement forces us to eliminate options which would otherwise leave the character uncertain and unable to make such bold claims.

>Albert can only confidently say that Bernard doesn't know the solution if Albert was given the letter C or D.

He could also confidently say that if Bernard told him he doesn't know in the part of the conversation that we didn't overhear.

The interpretation you've given relies on the assumption that Albert was not given the letter A and it relies on the assumption that Albert wasn't told by Bernard that Bernard doesn't know the answer i.e. that we overheard the conversation from the start.

I get that this is supposed to be a propositional calculus problem, but the story spun around it adds context and uncertainty that requires us to make assumptions that are unfounded unless you know for certain that this is a propostional calculus problem with a definite answer.
Humans are fallible and the context presented doesn't give us any reason to assume that these people are not talking out of their ass (knowingly or not) or that we have all the information(i.e. Bernard didn't tell Albert that he doesn't know in part of the conversation we didn't hear). So it relies on us interpreting the question in this autistic logistician context.

What the hell is the question? What did Cheryl tell her helper? Did she tell them on what lane the trollys are gonna crash, isn't that what's supposed to happen in order to save 50 people? Someone please explain the question? What was Cheryls goal in the first place?