On average, how many pages do you read a day?

On average, how many pages do you read a day?

When I read, I actually enjoy the book and let the ideas and assertions sink in while reflecting on them (sometimes even commenting / writing about it in a book). I don't understand this fetish with reading as many pages as humanly possible. This only results in artificial reading and misinterpretations.

>artificial

meant superficial

2-5

10 pages of Veeky Forums

0 pages lol. :

On average? Shiiit nigga what am I supposed to do, count them? Most days I read 10-20 pages-ish, but it all depends on what I am reading and how interesting I find it. On days off I've completely finished books that really grip me.

I think it really depends on what I'm reading. There are certain books that I can read upwards of 50+ pages a day (given that I have the time) but others where I will only read about 5-6 pages a day (perhaps because the material is much more dense and needs to be absorbed slowly/methodically)

Why does the number matter? 15 pages of philosophy is more productive and useful than 100 pages of genre.

When I do read I try and work out how many pages a day I have to read so that I finish the book when it's time to give it back to the library. That said, sometimes I don't read for up to a week at a time, which throws everything off

too few

I read around 5-10 poems if it's poetry, and between 10-60 pages of literature (depends if it's fiction or essays/philosophy).

~100 on workdays, on offdays I usually read all day except for cleaning and other stuff like that.

About 10 minutes of an audio book before I get bored and turn it off.

Usually about 20. 10 of one book and 10 of another.
I wish I read more.

like 70 on an off day

if its a weekend or something i can go like 100

Don't know.
Depends on environment, mental state, health, general mood,amount of free time and how I like the book.
But 20-30 I would say.

70 a day according to goodreads

10 pages

no clue about the average since sometimes it may be close to 0, sometimes in the hundreds

it is pretty rare for me to open a book and read less than 50 pages, I guess? except, of course, for short stories, poems and essays

oh yeah, when it comes to philosophy as well: I'll often read a chapter (or comparable amount if there's no convenient division in the work itself) at a time if it is hard stuff.

Why are you asking? That is very sensitive private information.

This, pretty much.

LOL

pages of what?

quality>quantity

That said I have great respect for speedreading