Cooking perfect rice

What are your tips for long grain white rice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MxL0CJP0JmU
nutritionfacts.org/video/do-the-pros-of-brown-rice-outweigh-the-cons-of-arsenic/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rice cooker or pressure cooker like instant pot. Non-stick coating. You'll have to find a rice:water ratio yourself but 1:1 (volume) tends to work quite well

I just use a saucepan since my rice cooker broke. Thoroughly wash the rice. 1 to 1.5 cups water for every cup of rice depending on grain. Bring to boil over medium and once the rice starts showing through water turn heat low as possible and cover tightly with teatowel and lid. 15 minutes then off the heat for another 10 before opening.

Use a rice cooker.
Figure out a water:rice ratio you like and stick with it.

what this guy said.

I like doing 1:1 when I know I'm gonna make fried rice with the leftovers.

2:1 is good if you like your rice really sticky.

I had never cooked rice before in my life until a couple of months ago. I basically just follow this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=MxL0CJP0JmU
But I don't use butter, I also open the lid a couple of times to make sure the rice is not burning /sticking to the bottom of the pan.

It works great. I am actually surprised of how easy it was to do. Too bad I am not asian and I can't stand to eat rice too many days in a row.

i just drop it in boiling water for 15 minutes, link pasta, have i been missing out?

You gotta rinse it 5 or 6 times before if you're making fried rice.

Rinsing is normal for any rice dish (except risotto).

i don't rinse it. what's the purpose of rinsing?

starch makes rice clumpy and changes the texture

rinsing removes starch

also maybe dirt and pollutants

3 easy steps
>throw it in the garbage
>buy gook rice instead
>place in rice cooker

Due to the more-or-less single-usability, I've never gotten a rice cooker. Is rice something I can just one up in a crockpot? Used it before as a filler with chicken, but just long grain, solo?

Its worth it, and you can use rice cooker for other shit too

I use mine to make melt chocolate to make my own sweets or fondu

If you don't have a rice cooker, you can very easily prepare rice in a regular pot. Once it boils, reduce to low and cover for 15 minutes. Don't lift the lid while it cooks

This

>2:1
Also this

>rinse it a bowl
>cook it on salt water for 10 minutes
>empty the pot into a strainer (catch the water)
>water back on the pot and strainer on top
>close lid and steam for 15 minutes
Perfect fluffy rice, or just buy a ricecooker if you have the space

If you add the oil right before fluffing, the hydrophobic effect keeps the grains from sticking together.

>>salt
>>oil

heretics desu

the low-heat pressure-cooking is extremely helpful, most people who eat a decent short-to-medium or even jasmine rice regularly can reliably pick out rice cooker vs. pressure cooker vs. pan and prefer them in that order.

Rice cooker and 1.5x cups of water.

Yeah, don't eat the stuff.

It has no nutritional value whatsoever, and is just straight tasteless/bland.

No reason for it.

I cook my whole grains in an elevated pan inside a pressure cooker.

ENJOY

YOUR

A R S E N I C

nutritionfacts.org/video/do-the-pros-of-brown-rice-outweigh-the-cons-of-arsenic/

>So, bottom line, until we know more, my current thinking on the matter is: if you really like rice, you can moderate your risk by cutting down, choosing lower-arsenic varieties, and cooking it in a way to lower exposure even further. But, if you like other whole grains just as much—like if you simply don’t care either way if you have rice vs. quinoa, or whatever, I’d choose the lower-arsenic option.

>It has no nutritional value whatsoever, and is just straight tasteless/bland.
Just like bread?

>1 cup of rice to 1 1/2 cup of water
>add rice and cold water to pan
>bring to boil
>cover, set on smallest heat for 20 minutes
>take off heat and allow to steam for 10 minutes

Wala

Yes

If you have nothing of value to add to this topic, would you kindly fuck off back to /b/ to do your trolling? Thanks.

Cook it in 3 pounds of butter for every cup of rice

1:1 then add 3/4cup of water. Take note of how it comes out, adjust the next time.

I thought about buying a rice cooker and some do have timers and shit. But how are you supposed to stir it when it's on timer?

You don't need to stir. Turn it on and shitpost while it cooks.