I'm pro-Trump...

I'm pro-Trump, but I'm thinking of writing a young adult dystopia novella about a thinly veiled Trump figure just so that I can cash in.

I will skim various headlines of left leaning news articles and editorials and then make them facts in the dystopian future history. Basically, I will stoke the fears of my hysterical target audience and give them something to read when they're taking a break from gibbering and chewing their nails.

Obviously, I'm contemptuous of my target audience, but if I don't cash in, then dozens of others will take my place. I could actually make stupid amounts of money doing this if I get my foot in the door first. Like, I could buy a fucking house if I parody Trump in a plausibly deniable way.

Not worried if I "damage" Trump. Even if I put my fullest and most sincere efforts into it, it would be like a water molecule bouncing off a battleship.

I already regret not making Trump and Bernie t-shirts for Amazon Merch during the election run, but there's still time while everyone continues to lose their minds and throw money around.

Didn't Orwell already satiate the hunger of the far left and their anarchist/communist/politically correct ideals enough in their own view to significantly impact the hype and therefore profit margins for such a future endeavour?

>playing up the most base, ignorant fears of society to make a dollar
>simultaneously enabling the Democrats

I hope you have an aneurysm.

>Didn't Orwell already satiate the hunger of the far left
In what way?

No, not at all, it is well known that he was satirizing bureaucratic managerial culture and indeed politics itself rather than any pet peeve of the gangly and malnourished twenty-something readers of "meaningful" young adult dystopias that are like totally not OK with like Hitler and like telling ppl what to do and stuff?

Also, you have admirable lung capacity.

I'm convinced that after peak hysteria there can only be numbness and apathy. Until then, let them snort fear and shoot up with indignation.

However, I'm not going to pretend that I'm not doing this so that I can roll around in banknotes and inhale their crisp, delicious, fresh scent.

Do you have a question or a position that you wish to discuss? Currently your post looks like bait.

I'm opening a topic of discussion. What would such a novel look like, in all seriousness? What is the nature of pandering? Why do people buy things to validate their opinions and emotions? How often to politically jumped up people of all kinds realize they're being milked like cattle?

I do regret not being american just for that, man I would have sold a bunch of meme clothes and make a quick buck out of the morons

I have not thought about novels though, my english is shit and I don't have the talent for it anyway though if you ask me, I'm pretty sure talent is not a requirement. You need to appeal either to the reddit/facebook crowd or if you are really good, the NYT crowd for maximum cash.

lmao this shit going on r/Veeky Forums

>delusions of grandeur

you're pro-Trump. are you sure you're not to dumb to write?

I don't think it's very easy to get someone to keep reading a book if you make it sound like you have contempt for your literal narrator persona, it's gonna sound like you hate yourself and your readers will be embarrassed for you. And anyway YA readers don't care about trump, they care about whether Becky likes them and will go to the dance with them

How can you still be pro-Trump? I mean, it was stupid enough before the election but at least then you could make the case that he wasn't a neocon.

You won't make any money. You sound like you are ripping off le netflix house of cards. Kys, senpai.

>I'm pro-Trump
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So you're going to re-write a handmaid's tale?

Also unironically kill yourself for having so little integrity.

>to dumb to write
>to dumb
>dumb

>expecting trump supporters to read a book.
Know your audience m8

>OP is pro-Trump but wants to write a book for panicking lefties
>LMAO bro Trump supporters are dumb inbred Hicks dude lmao m8 they can't read lmao
What did he mean by this?

>I'm pro-Trump
Ah, so you're an idiot?

better than being poor lmfao

I'm not a Clinton supporter. I'm just saying that if you're pro-Trump, you're an idiot.

literally what is wrong with voting for capitalism, freedom, and growth

There's nothing wrong with voting for all of that, but you voted Trump instead

>writing books about soup du hour bread and circus bullshit

>voting for capitalism by being against multiculturalism
>voting for freedom by advocating for the most powerful people to have more control over you
>voting for growth by reducing the market in which the US operates

W E W

kek

This is true. It takes self-discipline that I'm not sure I have to write in a perspective you disagree with. You have to believe your own lies. It's actually very fucked up if you get in too deep.

His entire personality is a shot in the arm to Western manhood. I don't really care about the specifics. He's certainly a sociopath, and he may or may not do what he promised to do.

It's funny, during the election I was thinking, "Well, shit. This is better than House of Cards. Actually, it makes House of Cards look sanctimonious and tame. The comfy, predictable, Democrat world of politics it takes place in no longer exists."

Seriously, a personality like Trump makes a complete joke of all the coy, womanish gossip and tweaking of data that constitutes the struggles for power in House of Cards. He makes Frank Underwood look like a Judi Dench-esque old woman micromanaging a wedding, or something.

So you're predictable?

>Pro-Trump
The internet has made people stupid.

youre pro tump? what are you racist bogit?

>tfw didn't cash in on the Bernie or Trump crowd

I'm pro Trump and I'm not an idiot

Not that user but if you're "pro Trump" in absolutely everything then you actually are an idiot.

For example his attitude toward Assange. If you support that then you're a dunce.

Not him, but Assange is a dickhead. He has endangered Western governments countless times by releasing shit that doesn't need to be released. For example, everyone knows the CIA can hack people, that's literally their job. They would only use those type of things on agents from other nations. Why the fuck release their secrets and severely diminish their power compared to the likes of the Russian or Chinese government?

This isn't MKULTRA tier rights violations that the people need to call out, it's literally "did you know the CIA has espionage tools to secure American interests over Russian or Chinese?"

>token rube defending oligarchy that he doesn't understand

Ouroboros mocks another.

Sounds like a really dumb plan. There's tons of holes in the canoe. First of all, you're entering an already oversaturated market. Dystopian fiction are a fucking nickel a dozen. Second of all, Who would even know or care about it? I'm assuming that this would be your debut release. Do you really think that the main gimmick of your book "This villain is like Trump" will matter to the outsider? They wouldn't be able to even gauge that the villain is Tronald Dump through the cover of your book unless you do some dumbass shit and put him on the cover or add some tagline like America Is Finally Great Again. Third of all, How long do you think it would take you to make this book and would this be relevant when it comes out? These are just a couple of things that came to mind.

Tbh, who cares if there's an oligarchy? People aren't dying in the street, they're happy, healthy and their bellies are full. Obviously this "oligarchy" has interests fairly aligned to the majority of Western citizens

Yes, excellent, this is the kind of criticism I like.

But no, it's not oversaturated. It'll be oversaturated in five or ten years, by my estimation. Maybe longer than that - movies are what really drive the gutter imagination of pop culture, and book adaptations generally take a few years to pop up.

It's still new-ish to people who like to wear very expensive country apparel and admire rustic simplicity, and also despise rednecks for their ignorance and materialistic tendencies, in the wonderfully Ourobouros-like self-fellation that is contemporary Bernout tween hypocrisy.

Who would know or care? The people I outrage. The very chimerical self-contradictory yin-yang nature of my contemptuous selling out to people I despise mirrors their own confusion and hypocrisy, and nobody hates anything so much as something that resembles them but seems slightly off somehow. The smallest differences are the most infuriating.

Second, or whateverth, dystopian YA sells reasonably well on any topic as long as it panders competently and has a plain Jane protagonist who is being fought over by absurdly handsome hunks.

How long to write? Maybe a month if I really blaze at it, more likely two months. it's formulaic, you see. I'm not going to be chipping out marble sentences for weeks at a time like James Joyce.

Will it remain relevant? Oh yes. The fire of indignation dies slowly, all the more slowly now that everyone has written lengthy and embarrassing facebook posts about how a Trump presidency was impossible and unendurable and apocalyptic.

>they're happy, healthy and their bellies are full
Not exactly. More likely, they're working two jobs to pay the rent, sleeping four hours a night, and eating a lot of beans.

How the fuck does anyone interpret "Pro-Trump" as "Completely aligned with Trump"?
You people are retards.
(Yes am guy you responded to)

>Property of Jolene

What was going through his head when he did that one?

>They would only use those type of things on agents from other nations

>How the fuck does anyone interpret "Pro-Trump" as "Completely aligned with Trump"?

I literally made it a point to preface the caveat "if" to avoid this response and you are so unbelievably doltish that you've gone and done it anyway.

>(Yes am guy you responded to)
(Believe me, I know)

A. 1% chance you'll finish it
B. 1% chance of publication if finished
C. You'll make $5k before taxes if it's published
Prove me wrong.

This thread has been posted several times before, in slightly different incarnations.

>American?
>Great?

I think a more interesting question is, why are you scum? What happened to you in your life to turn you into such a shitty, worthless excuse for a human being?

Whats bad about making money ??

>Even if I put my fullest and most sincere efforts into it, it would be like a water molecule bouncing off a battleship
>Until then, let them snort fear and shoot up with indignation.
>Also, you have admirable lung capacity.

You sound like a gigantic faggot. Whatever you decide to write it'll probably be fine for the young adult/tumblr readership.

Just do the opposite of what Hunger Games was trying to achieve (the good guys are rustic blue blooded country dwellers being opposed by the fab and colourful evil city dwellers). It can't be that hard to parody Trump or his supporters when there have already been 400 billion of them since last year.