What kind of oil do you use when making your own fried chicken...

What kind of oil do you use when making your own fried chicken? Is there any version of this where you don't end up using like $10 worth of oil to cook $5 worth of chicken?

Other urls found in this thread:

roadsideamerica.com/story/44635
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I just use regular ol' vegetable oil. Pretty cheap, but then again I only cook for myself.

I know you can reuse oil, but I'm not very good at filtering out all the particulates and shit. I probs should get some cheesecloth instead of using paper towels.

>$10 worth of oil to cook $5 worth of chicken
Cook more than a single chicken at once, dumb dumb?
Or save the oil like a sane person?

You can reuse oil, guy.

Wouldn't that be really really gross and unhygienic?

No not really.

The heat of the frying oil is more than enough to destroy any bacteria/viruses/fungi/toxins that might hurt you.

roadsideamerica.com/story/44635

So probs a bit off topic, but since we're talking fried chicken, do you guys marinate yours, and if so what kind do you use? I've been trying to experiment with different ways to cook it to find out what tastes best.

I use peanut oil, all I have ever used though, might try canola next time and see if its a noticeable different

I also need to try filtering this shit. I dont own any strainers or funnels so Ive been lazy about doing it

I use olive oil. I think peanut tastes better..

Vaseline, fully saturated and your body won't metabolize it.

What, you think places that serve fried foods dunk out $500 worth of oil every day?
That shit doesnt exactly go bad.

Isn't olive oil terrible for frying chicken, though? I thought it was only good for sauteeing foods, not frying them hard.

avocado oil, high smoke point and won't oxidize into bad fats

you don't think your local chicken joint is reusing the oil? At some point it breaks down too much but it takes some time

Peanut oil tastes the best, vegetable oil works just fine and is much cheaper/more versatile. You can always bake it in the oven with less/no oil for essentially the same thing but with less mess.

You really shouldn't be frying $5 worth of chicken if rationing cooking oil is a serious issue for you. But if for some reason you NEED to have fried chicken on a poorfag budget then you can always reuse oil. Double bonus GBP if you strain it through a coffee filter after you use it.

Depends, you can get "light" olive oils which have been filtered more, so they have a higher smoke point and less olive flavor. But you might as well just get a cheaper frying oil at that point.

My place uses a blend of corn oil and cottonseed oil. It's ok I guess

lard, if you can find tallow try that. bw3 uses beef tallow to fry the chicken wings and I love to use straight lard in my deep fryer

I use a kitchen funnel and a no.4 paper coffee filter cone.

How do you guys store the oil?

I'm a fan of brining the chicken overnight. If I'm feeling lazy I'll just bread and fry then serve with some glaze or spicy sauce.

I rarely marinate but if I do I usually use curry powder.

In a container after it's cooled down. Not really rocket science.

I use peanut oil in my deep fryer. It lasts for months before it has to be replaced. Just keep it clean by filtering out any particles that get in it.

I just leave mine in the fryer. Put the lid on it.

i do the same except i fry in a normal pot. i keep a pot for frying. when i'm done i strain the oil then put the lid on it and let it sit until the next time i need it

Lol enjoy your man titties

MCT oil or nothing

i am new to marinate fried chicken
which one should i do better
>first
clean the chicken from marinate mixing first then adding the flour
>second
not cleaning the mariante mixing, just straight into flour

Bacteria doesn't grow well at all in pure fat. And when you reheat it it all dies anyways. Fat can be used as a preservative like on duck confit because fungus and bacterias can't penetrate lipids. In general everything needs water to live so things that repel water or are absent of it are very shelf stable.

This shit right here.

second. use the marinade to adhere the flour to the chicken when you dredge it.

kay thx :D

after you leave the oil to cool, pour a mix of water and gelatin in
the gelatin will form on the bottom and strain the oil for you