Paperbacks

Does everyone else here absolutely fucking hate paperbacks? I cant be the only one that just thinks these books are shit right?

pic unrelated

Ur a faggot

t. poorfag that cant afford the utmost premium leather bound books

I usually spin objects. So when I read I like to put the book down and have it stay open so I can spin the object when I'm reading. It's hard to do this with paperbacks as they usually close if you're not holding it open

>I usually spin objects.
is it autism?

Same here. Luckily I live in a civilized country where hardcovers are the norm

>I us usually spin objects
What did he mean by this?

>tfw cant get a hard cover of the ego and his own
hardcovers are spooks anyways

This is a bait thread. Keep this in mind if you decide to waste your time replying like me.

Paperbacks are cheap and accessible.
Hardcovers are usually well made and can stand multiple read throughs.
The aesthetic pleasure of some Hardcovers is only acceptable for books that you have already read and plan to reread and share with friends and family in the future. If it becomes a collector hobby you take that shit back to >>>/reddit/

I don't think it's autism. I usually like to take a particularly shaped object, like a stick, a toy airplane, or a k-nex toy and spin it. It helps calm me a bit and aides in my imagination. That's all really. At work I usually spin my pen in my hands most of the day

Who gives a shit really?
Sell me the book with a blanc dust jacket, leather cover or paper back or w/e else is out there I don't care.
Doesn't change the words in the book to me unlike you pretentious, cupidity driven faggots.

Nigga thats autism and you know it

>Paperbacks are cheap and accessible.
you mean cheap and low quality and the spine brakes after like a year, hard cover books on the other hand can outlive you

I do the same thing but I'm pretty suspicious that I have minor autism at the least. I also pace a lot.

dust jackets are shit, they are only really for libraries to take care of their books that other are going to use, but i know how well i will take care of my shit

trade paperbacks > hardcovers > mass-market paperbacks

the fuck is a trade paperback?

I prefer hardcovers. The paperbacks always get bent and it annoys me. As a heterosexual, I prefer that my worldly possessions be straight to reflect my life choices.

Autism: confirmed

i feel the exact opposite. paperbacks are easy to travel with and cheap. you can give away life changing stories for a few dollars.

>being this autistic about a thing so minor

I like the aesthetics of paperbacks more. The designers could afford to take more risks because they were creating an inexpensive, semi-disposable product. The design of hardcovers is often very staid and plain.

Any book will fall apart if you read it enough times. I have paperbacks from the 1960s that still look okay, I have hardcovers from like 2009 that are cocked and torn. The only way to preserve a book is by not reading it.

No

Yes

>choices

Clothbound is the true patrician choice

You need one of the fidget spinners or how you call them

Just typical Veeky Forums pretentiousness and adolescent insecurity from OP... we're not far away from Veeky Forums around here sometimes.

Trade paperbacks are larger than mass-market paperbacks, with wider page margins and better-quality paper. They're much nicer to read than mass-markets

Autist expert here. Can confirm it's an autist patron.

What's a patron? And why is it so? I'm curious if you have any insight into why I always spin objects.