How about a recent haul thread?

How about a recent haul thread?

I just picked up these two Library of America editions at a used book store today. Went there specifically looking for books by Hammett and Chandler, but couldn't find any in fiction. These two caught my eye just as I was about to leave.

Nice. I remember being amazed when I read Red Harvest at how taut it was.

The last haul. 200 pages into smugglers. Having a good time. Mcelroy's books are fun.

Hammett is underrated. And Chandler has some of the best prose America has to offer.

Started Red Harvest a couple of days ago and loving it.

Those are either urine or cum stains on Hammett desu. Keep me posted.

Where'd you get the McElroy?

BMV in Toronto. But the rest of his stuff I got on abebooks a while ago.

Oh shit, I've never heard of that place before and it looks awesome. Is it worth traveling to Toronto from Buffalo to check it out?

It really depends. They have 3 different locations. The bloor and Bathurst one is big like 3 floors of stuff. Prices are cheap. On the other hand those 3 books I have there are something I've only seen once in 2 years. Never seen mcelroy there. Barth they usually have his newer stuff. John hawkes you might see one of his books 2 times a year (although they have lots of travesty, new print I think). If you like more mainstream shit like lits top 100 it is worth it for sure. The one on dundas has the best dollar bins in the city. But I go once or twice a week to look because I live close. The mcelroy was 9$ the barth was $6 and the hawkes was $5. Pic related is the best 1 day haul from the dollar bin I ever had.

Also if you come down can you bring me a red MAGA hat. The legit one. Nigger doesn't ship to Canada. I'll pay you.

Taut and bloody. Great read nonetheless.

Great haul user, Chandler's best (The Little Sister my personal fave) and all of Hammet (Red Harvest). Good times ahead.

How about you read the books you buy instead of showing off how pretty they are you fucking pseud.

Chandler was English

Don't usually like the Folio Society editions, but their edition of The Once and Future King was too gorgeous to pass up

Probably plebby by Veeky Forums's standards, but I think Red Harvest is a better book than Blood Meridian in examining violence/pointless violence as it relates to "human nature"

Also yeah, Chandler and Hammett are great, they don't get talked about much simply because of the bias against any "genre fiction". I understand this hatred of trite, mass-produced, homogeneous best-selling books reusing the same tropes but Hammett and Chandler (Hammett particularly) p much started the detective genre as we know it.

Post-War American Minimalism gets my dick hard too.

Your mother deserves a medal for wiping your ass all these years, user. I hope you got her flowers with your SpecialBoyBux.

>Don't usually like the Folio Society editions
What are you, a normie?

Are you fucking stupid, or just fucking stupid?

I just think most of them are too gaudy, though well constructed.

In the post: Legend of the Galactic Heroes volumes two and three.

Getting the following at the end of the month though when I get paid:
The Face of Another-Kobo Abe
The Instructions-Adam Levin
Woman in the Dunes-Kobo Abe
The Melancholy of Resistance-László Krasznahorkai

No idea if I should just stick with those or add in Anti-Oedipus? I'll probably get it when I get back off of holiday.

Also picked up Perdido Street Station in a used bookshop, never read anything by the author before but I'm looking forward to it. Seems fun.

Dollar bin finds

>too gaudy
Maybe a few of them, but FS books usually look splendid (I do have around 15 FS books).

>W SOMERSET MAUGHAM - COLLECTED SHORT STORIES 2
>MAUGHAM - COLLECTED SHORT STORIES 3

Don't tell me the first book is titled "COLLECTED SHORT STORIES BY SOMERSET MAUGHAM PART I"