Does pineapple belong in a burger?

Does pineapple belong in a burger?

If it works, yes. Inb4 this is some garbage tier "pineapples don't go on pizza" meme.

It's a niche burger but tasty. Teriyaki or bbq with grilled pineapple is awesome if you're in the mood. Ideally there's some heat like sauteed onions and jalapenos to balance it out.

Sure, why not. Basically anything is an acceptable topping for a burger, just like pizza. And anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong.

Definitely.

this. the other toppings/sauce need to complement the pineapple.

also if you use canned, just.. no.

How about orange slices? Mango? Strawberry? And why not, pineappleburgerfags?

They already have mango salsa burgers. The other stuff could work too. Just depends on the combination. Enough with the crapass attempt at meming.

I would have an orange sauce or candied orange peel on a burger of duck meat, and a mango jalapeno salsa on a normal burger. Maybe strawberry something would go well with a salmon burger? I dunno.
Fruit's good.

I'm of the frame of mind that's it's a stupid burger topping but it's fair game and more socially acceptable than pineapple chunks. The vehicle and ingredients in a hamburger give it more reason to be there than a cheesy, tomatoey flatbread.

How so, you ask? The acidity of the pineapple pairs better with fatty ground beef than the flavors of a pizza which typically need other ingredients to make it more than just a sweet pizza.

It's pretty good. The sweetness goes well with the meat.

I like when pineapple pizza also has bacn, ham, and sauteed onions- that seems to balance out the extreme sugar and acid of pineapple.

I've had an apple and brie burger, shit was ca$h.

As a burger myself, I have authority on the subject. No they do not.

Exactly. Pineapple doesn't really belong in a pizza but it's such a big food meme it's hard to stop some people. Even then, you need to cut the whole taste of the pineapple.

inb4 nothing wrong with sweet pizza

Shut up. You fags complain about Papa Johns having sauce that tastes like nothing but Splenda but then have a stuck up your ass about Pineapple being a retarded topping.

you can literally put whatever you find appetizing on your burger because you possess agency.

strawberry, hearts of palm, spinach, and arugula. not sure what the condiment should be. mustard vinaigrette?

>t. Papa Johns guy
I mean, shit, I like Papa Johns. Personally think 90% of people who "don't like pineapple on pizza" are tryhard memefags.

All pizza is sweet, it's made with tomato sauce.
I guess if you're so mad about it you could just stick to tapanade, pesto, or a cream sauce.
Sorry you hate pizza, user.

>All pizza is sweet
>because it's made with tomato
>All tomatoes are pineapple-levels of sweet bro lol why u mad it's not changing anything

I'm going to hunt you down and torture you until you beg for death you simpleton. I'm literally going to trace you down to the very street you live on, being down your door, and murder the everloving shit out of you after I take my time forcing you to take back your deeds and thoughts that led to that horrendous fucking post. By the time I'm done with you you'll have wished you died a long time ago.

I think instead I'll enjoy complex pizzas for the thinking man with say- figs, apple, and goat cheese- duck breast, canned mandarin slices, and hot peppers- ham and pineapple- don't those just sound goooood, user? I bet your mouth is already watering at the thought of these forbidden fruits.

There's a place in Ft. Worth that serves a burger with candied bacon, grilled peaches, caramelized onions, arugula, and jalapeno jam. It's fffffucking amazing.

It's not about what belongs on a burger, it's about what flavors and textures work well together to make something that tastes amazing.

I don't care for just pineapple, but the point stands that it's all about flavor combinations. A friend turned me on to pineapple, grilled chicken, bacon, and barbecue sauce on pizza. Really awesome. The sweet/sour pineapple gets balanced out by the bacon and the chicken, and the sauce ties it all together.

I hate you so fucking much.

>t. 1D flavor man

Sorry sir, I'll let you get back to your tendies.

that's right man, becuase mixing diferent fruits with a meat based dish is a bad idea!

I think it's stupid biting into a huge pineapple ring slice.

You'd be better off just making some kind of pineapple marmalade sauce. Then you could even kick it up with a diced chili or habanero

I hate trendy restaurants that do shit like that.
It's like they went to the Guy Fieri culinary school and decided their dishes should be 50% michelin star and 50% mcdonalds.

There's a local hipster joint that makes a grilled cheese sandwich with duck confit. I want to slap the chef across the face