Why the fuck does pretty much every cuisine on earth use garlic and onions?

why the fuck does pretty much every cuisine on earth use garlic and onions?

Other urls found in this thread:

krishna.com/domains/d6.krishna.com/why-no-garlic-or-onions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

tasty, cheap, healthy

Cause onions and garlic are amazing

pretty well accepted ingredients and flavors worldwide. Its a strong flavor too, so it can cover up poor cooking. They're also inexpensive. Peasants and common people like cheap foods, its why peasant food is so good and restaurants like selling it because its a higher profit.

I hate black people, except the ones I meet in person usually

worked with some pajeets, they didn't eat garlic or onions for religious reasons

No fucking way they were Indian then, those are the cornerstones of all our food.

what a weird thing to lie about

>mfw hate garlic and onions and live on planet earth
get met off
i want to go to mars or the moon PLEASE ELON MUSK

This is the first thing I thought of upon opening the thread. Some religions forbid it because onions and garlic have many lives within them.

krishna.com/domains/d6.krishna.com/why-no-garlic-or-onions

>tfw when the superior white man knows more about their poo in the loo culture than some shitskins

There's loads of moon garlic up there, you should just kill yourself

I actually juice garlic into my morning cup, it's petty good. Juice carrots, grape, apple, kale, garlic, ginger, then blend it all with one more garlic clove and a little more ginger.

fucking stupid, but hey I'll give you credit for knowing about this shit

Sorry, I'm not a devotee of Krishna.

easy to grow
durable
less likely to be eaten by animals
most cultures have speculated that they have medicinal properties at one time or another

those are some of the more obvious reasons

cheap, healthy, strong flavor.

because they're great.

garlic provide vitamin C. especially important in winter when there are no fruit

some only

Jains don't eat onion or garlic. and only about 5% of indians (or fewer) are Jains.

you clearly aren't indian if you aren't familiar with Jains

not just Jains, some conservative hindus don't either
something about things from the ground being unclean or some shit, it's dumb
t. has conservative hindu relatives that do other dumb shit like have 2 (two) sinks for washing dishes they cook with and washing dishes they eat with separately

>some conservative hindus don't either
that is true, yeah

>op starts a shit thread
>quality discussion ensues

This makes the most sense.

Does this confirm that conservatives of all religions are braindead retards

What a bizzar and retardedly primitive way of thinking.

>garlic is an aphrodisiac
written by someone who's never been with someone after a meal with a lot of garlic

It's acknowledging the existence and fragility of different forms of life. That's not primitive in the least. It's actually quite forward thinking. Outright dismissal of others points of view without considering their possibilities is far more narrow minded and stuck in the past.

They're insensate vegetables who only exist because humans domesticated them to use as food crops. There is no reason to not eat them except personal taste.

To piss off the vampires of course.

Organosulfur compounds are a common plant defense mechanism that can also suppress harmful pathogens and parasites in our diet, we can speculate that we evolved to seek them out. Allicin is one of the more potent chemicals found in garlic, onion, shallots and chives, another is mustard oil, also found in horse radish and wasabi.

I am wondering now. Did mesoamericans have any high organosulfur foods? Are there any such crops from the new world? Maybe they were content with chillis.

I feel you user, I really do

Varieties of wild allums grew from canada at least as far south as the texas coastal plains precontact.

You can grow them practically anywhere

Only if you like smoking weed and cutting off your dick to spite the patriarchy. Fuck drumpf and fuck white people!

>so it can cover up poor cooking

That's never true.

Planting alliums along side other crops is a form of herbacide.

so why do you only hate them when they're not around?

neat, did they eat them?

yes, conservatism for conservatisms sake is retarded. just like how throwing out the status quo for the sake of revolution itself is retarded. pragmatism is the only logical option.

According to my nephew who regularly goes on extended trips in the mountains, everyone starts to stink really bad pretty quick. On the other hand, if everyone eats garlic, they don't notice it because everyone tends to smell like everyone else in the group.

>who
You were saying, user?

>asylum demon.gif

>written by someone who's never been with someone after a meal with a lot of garlic

Written by someone who has never consumed half a head of raw garlic in one sitting.

Have you ever smelled the ganges? Garlic is like ambrosia in that atmosphere.

ayurveda is bullshit anyway.

eating things because of religious reasons is the most retarded bullshit on this planet. no wonder why humans are so degenerate

Some religions are more retarded than others.

>eating things because of religious reasons is the most retarded bullshit on this planet.
thanks for the 16-year vintaged wisdom kid

I'm reading this text and the more I read it the more I see "We can't eat onion and garlic because onion and garlic are awesome and we're not allowed to have nice things because that would make us think of these nice things instead of religion."

Onions are shit tier desu. Any meal is instantly ruined if I bite into one of those disgusting things. The texture is just horrible, only bearable if they're those crispy deep-fried pieces or just grinded up in a sauce.

Garlic is a gift from god. Onions are slimy disgusting shit.

It's because you have to kill the plant to retrieve the food source.

So they are like vegans who finally realized that plants also have life? What do they eat? sand and salt?

dude lmao

There is truth mixed in with the bullshit its worth reading about but not worth taking it word for word or strictly adhering to its nonsensical teachings

garlic is an antivirus vessel
its very healthy for a human
I have no idea why we eat onions tho

Onions and Garlic are really easy to grow, they are pretty much tasty weeds that can grow easily in the wild.

Never knew India could afford an Internet Defense Force. I thought you guys just spent your free time eternally arguing with pakis on twitter. Good to know you've expanded to defending daft eating habits of your illiterate population.

Only food they eat is food that does not require killing. Meat is a no go, along with any vegetable that requires the plant dies. I forget if dairy is kosher with them but the foods are basically most fruits and non vital vegetables that dont have an evil association