Will durian ever be mass produced in South America by virtual slave labor?

Will durian ever be mass produced in South America by virtual slave labor?

No

What

Why not?

because it tastes like raw garlic mixed with cream cheese.

Sounds like the best thing ever

>because it tastes like raw garlic mixed with cream cheese
t. haven't tasted the intoxicatingly sweet, creamy variety

is this true? have never had durian. would like to try it now.

it smells awful but theyre p good

Best way I can describe it is banana pudding with raw onion and garlic smell. It's great if you're into that kind of stuff.

the rumors are true, it's very smelly and tastes horrible

understand that new york city is a very smelly place, and the smell of this stuff was able to cut through the normal pollution and poor air quality
as I approached I thought someone had left some wet food scraps in a plastic garbage bag in a hot dumpster
but then I realized it was coming from a fruit stand selling those shits. I bought one and it still haunts me. on the front end is very sweet, but then you are hit with the flavor of onion and spoiled vegetable matter
no good

5 of us tried it on that day
3 spit it out immediately
1 was able to tolerate it but didn't take another bite
the 5th was a literal autist with pica. very low functioning
he really enjoyed it

You can get a frozen or previously-frozen one from one of your nearby Asian supermarkets, and sometimes even Whole Foods. It's been 3-4 dollars per pound here and they weigh multiple pounds, much of the weight being the inedible parts. The smallest I've had cost 7-something, but they're often closer to $20. Let it sit at least 48 hours if it's kept in a freezer at the store. Otherwise it's ready when it smells like twink armpit. Just the edible bits are also sold frozen some places. And there's various shelf stable forms of durian. The seeds can be cooked and then a starchy bit inside eaten but not the whole seed.

DONUT

YOU WILL BECOME OBSESSED AND YEARN FOR IT'S STENCH EVERY WAKING HOUR

Doesn't it require azn fruit bats?

whats with durian getting posted th past week

is it one guy

why are you shilling durian

Is baked durian worthwhile or a waste of durian?

srry didn't mean to quote srry k thx :-)

that sounds weird

like bananas

I was toying around with that idea. It would seem to me that cooking it might get rid of the sulfer compounds that make it smelly/taste like cooked onions.

>he hasn't tasted authentic durian
I pity ye poor souls.

>he's only tasted boring Mon Thong

no, virtual slaves don't have any hands.

I remember my mom used to freeze durian fruit meat, she says that it subdues the smell, shit is
like ice cream, one of the sweetest fruit I have ever tasted

>claps thinking their opinion on foods matter
lmao, even tofu makes you guys gag

More like jelly propane with lots of sugar.

Propane on its own is odorless.