goodreads.com/user/show/27177455-stephen
goodreads.com/user/show/28232108-rikkert-kuijper
goodreads.com/user/show/54260515
goodreads.com/user/show/57669508-nothim-portant
goodreads.com/user/show/38069121-lovro
goodreads.com/AnonymousAbe
goodreads.com/user/show/44065742-inspektoriusgagdzetas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wish I had people in my immediate life to interact with on Goodreads. I have a guy named Lorenzo added from here, and he seems okay and reads a bit, but I feel like he's the template for anyone else I might add from here.

Jesus fucking christ you just spoke my mind. I have begged about 20 people irl to use it and non of them do, even the ones who read or want to read more books. It's my existential crisis because I would have an easier time finishing books or living if people did. And what the fuck here's my GR: goodreads.com/user/show/21146342-jeremiah-carlson

>Lorenzo has us both added

goodreads.com/user/show/29831737-pinkyivan
Didn't post in there for a while. I probably have everyone tho.

goodreads.com/Hallogallo

goodreads.com/user/show/23943987-braden

oops goodreads.com/vodsel

add me f a m

goodreads.com/user/show/41864427-andy-chavez

goodreads.com/user/show/48577476-spencer

If Lorenzo is the template for anyone else then fuck using this site.

Whenever I'm thinking about adding someone on goodreads I check to see what they rated The Great Gatsby, and if it's less than 4 stars that's how I know they're a pseud

Ha, that's a great idea.

youre thinking about it way too much faggot

I bet he's not.

and if they haven't read it?

Mulisch

I rated Gatsby with 5* but i wont give you my profile :^)

give it to ME instead

same, so we're cool

goodreads.com/user/show/57922091-will

add me :)

goodreads.com/user/show/60459474-tanner

add me if u want i'm kind of new to goodreads

>joined the Veeky Forums group and then got a friend request out of the blue that I accepted
>instantly super self-conscious about anything I mark as to-read or read

shiet

Looks like you'll be friending every pseud who reads Babby's first real book and loves it.

HA! GOT EEEEMMMMM

That's true for most people who love The Great Gatsby, but keep in mind these are Veeky Forums edgelords we're talking about, so it works the exact opposite way almost 100% of the time.

>everything 2 stars
seriously go fuck yourself

why dont we post our tumblr accounts too?

You can't add books there lad.

did you just start a fucking thread about it

i rated it three stars, but i only rate Veeky Forums literature, so it is in my opinion average

Fair enough.

goodreads.com/user/show/64916854-charlie-chitty

No, not me. I did ask them if that was their reason for making the thread, though.

I rate all my books 5 stars unless I really dislike them.

>hating on lorenzo

castrate yourself you idiot

defend yourself

I rate most 3-4 unless I really enjoyed them.

If you don't read science-fiction, you are too psued of a dude for me to bother with. Just be happy neither of us have to put with each other's shit - but KNOW that it is specifically because you are inferior in disposition to me, and that your self-seriousness will be abused by others to mock you and find true companionship with others in their mocking of you.

I saw science-fiction at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Stop writing fan fiction about going to the grocery store and write a real shit novel like the rest of us.

I did, it's called "Supermarkets in California" and it's 270 of these copypastas with the name changed to a different literary figure every time

goodreads.com/user/show/58678290-joaco

I'd actually read that.

How do you guys have 300+ read books? I have started reading seriously last year and I have finished only like 8 classics so far. How fast do you read? Do you speedread like mongrels?

Right? It could totally be the title of the next Veeky Forums-authored book too

I think some people read multiple books at once, don't have other hobbies, read fast and don't retain anything, or simply have read a lot of books over a long time. I don't think it's likely that someone has retained much if they've read nearly 400 books in two years.

Not everyone's a brainlet like yourself.

bullypost

a beautiful work of shitposting. It would sell dozens of copies. DOZENS!

I have been reading books since I was a kid and read comics, so my number is inflated and makes faggots like you feel insecure.
You don't have to read as much as Sebastian, but you definitely could increase your reading speed. 8 books in a year is pretty bad for someone who intends to be an active reader.

I'm 34 and read between 50 and 100 books a year, and have since I was about 10. I also dont count YA lit or books i read to my kids.

Well I took a long break from reading (5 months) to focus on my medicine studies, but still, how do you read 100 books a year like ? I am currently reading Crime and Punishment and I read around 2 chapters a day, so it will come down to me finishing it in around 20 days. I have finished the Growth of the Soil in around 20 days as well. It seems unfeasible to me to read as much as 100 or even 50 books a year, unless you read very short books.

goodreads.com/user/show/36847808-wilhelm

What's your reading style? Do you read like 80 pages at a time often? Do you sit for hours and read? Do you have other hobbies? Not criticizing or anything, but I am curious how this is done.

ooks before I go to bed, in baths, while I wait for my kids to be done with gymnastics and swimming, and while I have coffee in the morning. I read a book a week. If you cant finish a book a week but finish 8 hours of garbage netflix or drink in the evening you are just a pleb.

Also, having gone through med school with my spouse, i can confirm that she watched at least 12 hours of gilmore girls or sex and the city or charmed a week and still read.

goodreads.com/user/show/9268772-cen

*i read b

No need to be rude.
Doesn't sound like a reading style I would like. You go through books too quickly, I imagine they don't really sit with you the way I think books sit with me.

Was only being ironic chum. Also you would imagine wrongly. i just dont watch TV or movies, and go to bed at ~930-10 and read till 1.

Hmm, sorry. Was a little defensive for no good reason. At this point, have you read most of the big books that you wanted to and most of the books you do read are not very lengthy? I can see reading like ~250-400 page books in a week if I really wanted to,

>around 2 chapters a day
user what you need to do is sit down with the book for longer sessions than you're doing. focus only on the book. set aside maybe two reading sessions each day when you have a good chunk of time to do nothing but read. And try to make it not right before bedtime, you'll say "I'll read until I get too tired" and then you go not very long til you put it down and call it a night.

I read canon stuff until I was about 25, now I would prefer international award winners post 1950s. I dont really look at book length when I start.

goodreads.com/user/show/8074144-bjorn

goodreads.com/user/show/51467241-patrick

I'm glad that there are a bunch of new people.

I like u, keep doin u

WHERE IS THAT FUCKING CROAT

See

goodreads.com/user/show/6261192-bbrown

goodreads.com/user/show/47618805-sheepo

im friendly

goodreads.com/user/show/2408134-sebastian

goodreads.com/user/show/27579248-lorenzo

goodreads.com/user/show/67366648-anthony

All I do is rate Gene Wolfe 5 stars. Does anybody want to discuss Gene Wolfe?

Ugh.

it's easy find authors you like to read and friends to talk to about them (not easy)

We did it on discord half a year ago. Gr isn't for discussion, but there are a lot of litcords.

goodreads.com/user/show/27177455-stephen

anyone here actually do written reviews? feel like im the only one.

Sometimes, but rarely. I'm too lazy to do it.

haven't been on Veeky Forums for at least half a year, let's see if there are some new faces

goodreads.com/user/show/28232108-rikkert-kuijper

goodreads.com/user/show/54260515

I'm always impressed how people here don't get how to read, or how long it takes. I read about 300-400 pages a day, spend maybe 3 to 5 hours at it, reading mostly commuting or at work during dead hours. It's perfectly workable if you just read and don't spend all day shitposting or watching tv.

>The Great Gatsby
>Five Stars
Welcome to Veeky Forums
looks like you need to read more
you fucking faggot

Goodread threads are the only threads were people are no longer anonymous.

Every time I come here I realize there are a bunch of different profiles, and the old ones I remember are no longer here.
People come and go from Veeky Forums. They have moved on with their lifes. And I am still here.

You're wrong, and you're upset that you were called a pseud and so now you're getting defensive.

It's like Shakespeare: you might not like it the fist time you read it, but if you wait until your older and go back, and you're still too immature and dense to realize that it's good, you could just think about how obvioisly canonical it is, and that should be enough to convice you that you're completely wrong.

goodreads.com/user/show/57669508-nothim-portant
I haven't read fiction for years until recently, I realized I was retarded for disdaining it

>It's like Shakespeare
>Fitzgerald is like Shakespeare
>you might not like Shakespare the fist time you read it

Seriously, read more.

only lit has this feels

goodreads.com/user/show/38069121-lovro

add me yo

>tfw people say "old" Veeky Forums was better
>tfw you look at the catalog and just see continued reiterations of the same thread over and over and over every 6 months.

That's wrong you imbecile. Veeky Forums has seen a dramatic decrease in quality.

Why? Because all the good posters (myself included) now use the Veeky Forums discord for our main vehicle for literary discussion. Retards like you aren't tolerated there so thankfully the quality is maintained.

>now use the Veeky Forums discord

oldschool/lit/ or the pleb one with invites everywhere?

We don't need further proof that Veeky Forums is shit.

Why don't we also share our facebook accounts so we can chat on messenger? :) Or go to tinychat so we can see our faces while we talk
xDDDDDD

Seriously, kill yourself.

twefasdfasd

>Veeky Forums has seen a dramatic decrease in quality.

Veeky Forums has always been about robust discussions of 1984, calling Junger a nazi, marxshit posting, and asking what the world would be like if DFW didnt neck himself.

pinkycord is moderated and the invites aren't handed out very much so it doesn't have more than 10 active posters and some lurkers.

goodreads.com/AnonymousAbe

We have the same birthday.
I'm just starting out pls no bully

goodreads.com/user/show/44065742-inspektoriusgagdzetas

uwu

>goodreads.com/user/show/44065742-inspektoriusgagdzetas

>tfw ran out of friend requests

;-;