User, what are you reading? Oh my... That is not a children's book, user...

>user, what are you reading? Oh my... That is not a children's book, user. You're way too young to be exposed to mature material like that. Now give it to me. You're not to get this back again ever. I don't want you reading anything like that anymore. You'll thank me when you're older.

what book was it? For me it was Stephen King's Carrie.

My fourth grade teacher was a tall leggy blonde named Ms. Manning. Until I was about 25 years old I just imagined she must have been "Mature Adult Woman" years old, so eternally 40 or something like that, but having recently turned 25, I realized in hindsight she was probably 25. She was some 25 year old fresh out of teacher's college with sexy fucking thighs and long blonde hair. I want to go back in time and suck your ass and pussy Ms. Manning.

for me it was this never happened to me and it never happened to you either

fpbp

the only time this happened to me was with a manga with a lewd anime girl on it. Actual books, no matter how mature, never got taken away from me. I would just get praised for reading in the first place.

Why the fuck are teachers so inclined to turn us into obedient cogs if it was their objective to teach us TO BETTER US in the first place?

>it never happened to be therefore it can never happen to anyone

fuck off, I still miss that copy of Carrie

>if it was their objective to teach us TO BETTER US in the first place?

You don't actually think that's their job, do you?

this
By now most education professionals are slaves of the Union before they ever even step foot inside a school

Teachers (at least in America) are idiots who have no idea what they are doing and have nothing to guide them except for vague moral intuitions and principles absorbed by social osmosis during undergrad.

why would you miss it when you could just buy another one by now. don't tell me you can't afford it

It was one of the first books I bought with my own money and the first "grown-up" novel I ever read. It made me feel good and mature.

Atlas Shrugged

I still don't know if she was right.

Perpetual ban on King and Koontz (not that the latter's much of a loss), plus the page with the tits drawing cut out of Slaughterhouse Five.

Because the main purpose of education in a capitalist society is to make you accept dull, predictable tasks and conformist attitudes.

Notes from the Underground at 11, Cioran at 12.

I was an angsty preteen pseud. Haven't really changed much, just coming back full circle every few years.

Never had this happen, but teachers got mad at me in high school for reading whatever I wanted during class.

cunts.

Bone comic by Jeff Smith. Strange, as it was pretty much Lord of the Rings but LoTR sure wasn't banned. It was probably just because of the images

A thousand plateaus by deleuze & guttari

Clive Cussler's Sahara. It was fifth grade.

In the teacher's defense, I was reading instead of paying attention.

I had to get special permission to take out IaIn M. Banks books from the school library because they were deemed 14+

hi

>tfw read Kafka as a kid

It borders on horror at times, can be pretty violent and, yes, it's drawn so it's much more explicit than a piece text.
A pity, that comic was my second Harry Potter. Tracking down all nine tomes across different libraries was quite an adventure.

it was Grand Theft Auto 3

Freud's Interpretation of Dreams.

When I was in 3rd grade, I read the Alex Rider series to my little sister. Later she tried to check the book out of the school library and they wouldn't let her. Pissed me off just a little when I heard about.

The other story is from 5th grade. I wrote a book report on "And Then There Were None" by Agatha Christie (AKA Ten Little Niggers/Indians/Soldiers). My teacher read the report and saw a guy kills himself at the end.

>What? user, did you get this out of the school library??
No, I didn't, because they only had abridged "Great Classics" books in the school library...

Your teacher just didn't want you to get sick and die as a result of your lust for suffering when you got older