What's the point of even reading fiction? It's not real and it has no information that will benefit you

What's the point of even reading fiction? It's not real and it has no information that will benefit you.

>[fiction] has no information that will benefit you.
Not even you are this stupid.

i know this is a provocation but i can't a give a concrete answer hmmmmm

aesthetical pleasure.

>objective benefit

hahahaha is there anything more pleb than this?

>what is metaphor and symbology

Fiction can be fun once in a while, but a lot of people for some reason seem to read it almost exclusively. For me at least I would say the best ratio of fiction to non-fiction is 9/1.

To learn more about ourselves and to give us something towards which to strive. Why do we create music? Why do we create paintings?

Objectiveness is more aligned with truth than subjectiveness. I'd rather something have a point and improve your life in any way than reading it and it basically being useless besides tickling your brain with amusing thoughts.

Fiction fags BTFO.

>Why do we create music?
>Why do we create paintings?
It's fun to do these things when you're the one creating them, consuming them is just stupid and pointless. Music is a luxury, animals don't need music to survive and they do fine, why do human beings need to listen to music? It's pointless, everything is pointless. We're gonna die one day why the fuck are we even debating shit like nigga just chill out smoke some dank kush and wait for it to be over.

only point in doing something is if you subjectively enjoy it. reading will not give you any benefit in life other than the fact that you enjoy the act of reading while you're doing it. so either read or don't, it doesn't make a difference in anything at all.

>having a point
>improving your life
get out

>nigga just chill out smoke some dank kush and wait for it to be over
If this is how you feel, then what's the point in living?

Fiction gives you a way to become more than who would be alone. It lets you create hypothetical constructs that give society a new lens on life. Would we be any closer to the realities of 1984 or Brave New World if those books had not been written?

>animals don't need music to survive
Ever see a silent bird?

Or a rattle snake without a rattle?

Tip your fucking fedora while you're at it, because NEWSFLASH motherfucker, birds are fucking retarded, they don't even have the capability to think. Who the fuck cares about their fucking annoying chirping noises? I say we get rid of all birds on this planet and replace them with something silent, like buddha statues.

>Because I want to
>Because it's enjoyable
>Because it gives you a deeper insight into other lives and times than could be gleaned from a thousand hours of study into that era
>Because it's our only real way to achieve immortality
>Because non-fiction is often dry and poorly written.

>birds are fucking retarded, they don't even have the capability to think
m8
corvids can use tools and learn English words

>birds are fucking retarded, they don't even have the capability to think
Corvids beg to differ, motherfucker

You can say you read and understood the most difficult authors, making you more cultured, worldly, and superior to others.

>Because it gives you a deeper insight into other lives and times than could be gleaned from a thousand hours of study into that era

Have you ever actually read a history book? The first two things you wrote are alright but the rest tell me you haven't ever tried to branch out from fiction.

I bet you're the kind of person that opens a banana the way monkeys do it, because WOW ANIMALS GOT SO MUCH THINGS TO TEACH US, in the meanwhile we building fukkin skyscrapers n shit and birds are still poopin eggs in some fukkin tree marked for destruction to make way for some house for humans.

Humans are fucking OVERPOWERED, deal with it.
Do you think it fukkin matters if "CORVIDS" can use some tool? They can't even beat us in a 1v1 fight so NICE try idiot. WAY to go to make urself look dumb.

i like this guy

and his digits

Yeah, I've read a fair bit of history, enough to make that claim with certainty. A primary-source perspective on an era is extremely valuable.

Mommy sure is proud of you

history books are fucking boring.
your hobby is fucking BORING

>pic unrelated