Vaporwave books

what would a vaporwave book look like? Just such a book exists?

if i opened a vaporwave bar, would you guys come and discuss literature inside over a pint

house of leaves

Yeah

- Glossy hardcover art book format
- Large portions are in Google Translated Japanese and Greek
- No original content; just mixed up excerpts from manga, popular Japanese fiction and relevant works like American Psycho, 70s-90s advertising copy, instruction manuals, classical literature and art etc
- There's a flipbook part where you can 'experience' falling into the void

this

A thousand plateaus

Probably not a pint, but a margarita or daiquiri.

I had an answer but it's complicated in nature and I'm too tired to type it all out. I hope to write a novel within the vaporwave aesthetic.

Why did Vaporwave fall off so much after Trump was elected? Are we really living in post-contemporary times?

Infinite Cuck desu.

Vaporwave literary movement when

PC-98 user manual

That's the book about the guy who came on some black girls tits while she shoved her finger up his ass.

>>Nice!

I'm planning on writing one anonymously later, perhaps after I've published my second book. It'll be centered around Alexander's campaign route through Anatolia, but the structure of the plot and world will slowly fall apart at the seams as it continues on, with an imagine last few chapters of the Marble men marching into a grossly exaggerated 1980s merging of Miami and Silicon Valley.

It will be called: "Hardship"

Infinite Jest

I actually considered buying this. Is it any good?

Kek, this actually sounds neat

Baudrillard

Other than the baudrillard poster, it's overwhelmingly apparent nobody in here reads.

Ready player one, Baudrillard, Ballard, some of Neuromancer, PKD, some of Pinecone, Delany, Murakami are all vaporwave or related. Incidentally, all of them suck.

none of those are even remotely tied to the aesthetic of 'vaporwave'

I'm not sure about Delaney but otherwise he's not wrong. Dreamy mish-mashes of things, copies of copies, an '80s that never was.

>Dreamy mish-mashes of things, copies of copies, an '80s that never was
>vaporwave

G R A V E L Y M I S T A K E N

TRY HARDER

Wew lad. Serious cash-in there.

Hey, like I said, I'm working on it.

I'd read the shit out of that.

>'80s that never was
Vaporwave reminds me exactly of what the 80s was. I feel like the people that tell me the 80s wasn't really like that weren't alive then.

>vaporwave is only pale pastel neon colors and synth music
>the aesthetics of vaporwave can't abstractly be translated to a text narrative

again, you do not read.

I'm not implying that, I'm implying the 'text narratives' you talk of aren't related to the texts you provided. Apparently you've read 20 decent books, and you sure love to let us know.

did i strike a nerve with the genre trash reading yokel? Veeky Forums's not for you bucko

All Tomorrow's Parties - Gibson
Spook Country - Gibson
Zero History - Gibson
Bleeding Edge - Pynchon

As long as you don't fall down the Ready Player One rabbit hole of relying too much on 1980s pop culture references, this could be pretty cool.

Snow Crash - Stephenson
Hebdomeros - de Chirico
Hypersphere - Anonymous

>pint

Nah, but a tia maria with lucozade sure.