Where do I buy cheap books?

My thirst for knowledge and generally literary study has recently been sated,
Would much rather have physical copies for myself so I can read wherever/lend to friends
So, Veeky Forums
Where to buy cheap books?

Should also add I live in the UK,
General*

Thrift books usually has really cheap books on it

>not pirating audio books to listen in the background on 2.5x speed

bookdepository

these guys are the cheapest

some charity shops (oxfam?) have stores dedicated to books.

Just find all the thrift and secondhand stores near you and hit them up occasionally

Or just print your own books like that one autist

>lookup programming books
>$3 from USA
>shipping : $40
>limit results to Europe
>cheapest is $70
will this suffering ever end?

My little sister swears by thriftbooks.com. She'll get like 5 books for $10.

buy a bunch of wordsworth editions of classics online.

Oxfam bookstores are great, especially in university areas. They're not as cheap as general charity stores but they usually have a small and very mainstream selction of genre fiction.

You can also just visit library genesis and download all kinds of stuff.

Thriftbooks. Com
Abebooks . Com

Thrift stores , flea markets and garage sales are the cheapest but you will to put in a fair amount of leg work to find what you want.

After that are used bookstores and paperback traders then look or ask around for a book warehouse type place that sells overstock but those places usually sell garbage no one wants to read but sometimes you find a gem.

The thrift stores in my area price most shit insanely high lately but books are always cheap. I get most paperbacks for a buck and hardbacks start at 2 bucks and go up to half the MSRP. They usually run specials on books to move the stock to make space. I've walked out of a large thrift store near me with 9 paperbacks for 3 bucks. Also you can use cheap thrift store stuff to get over on the paperback trader store model. Many paperback traders give you like 30% of the MSRP for trade in and charge 60% MSRP on books but you can buy stuff at thrift stores for nothing in bulk and trade them in at the book trader for more credit than you paid at the thrift store, flea market or garage sale. The paperback trader near me does most of their business on shitty romance novels and YA.

If you buy a lot of books from thrift stores or used I recommend building a hot box to heat the books to kill off insects and their eggs, especially bedbugs to be safe. You can do it with a couple heating pads and an old cooler or a chest of some kind. Get the box up to about 130F and cook the books for about 36 hours.

your local bookstore

>pic related
Sometimes I go there. All the books they put outside are on sale.

What do books cost on sale in the 3rd world?

>not living in an american city

>audio
What's the bookzz of audiobooks?

>Not living in a comfy sub-tropic third world country
>Not being free to read and write with all your time because money is non-existent anyway making work pointless

>not being free to eat cosmic energy, because food is non-existent anyways

Normal books 10-30 u.s dollars.

Books on sale 3-10 u.s dollars.

>pic
another bookstore in my city

I like this one but the other one has cheaper books.

Amazon has a lot of paperbacks for less than a dollar with ~$4 shipping. Used book stores often have books on sale for less than a dollar. Thrift stores sometimes have books.

There's also always the library and free ebooks.

Thanks for this user. I never knew about it. Just checked and I can get 3 books I've wanted for awhile for 17 bucks with free shipping....on Amazon I would have had to spent 28 bucks,

Cheers lads, glad I posted

My local library sucks balls. They carry some beat up copies of classic authors books that most people aren't interested in reading or at least starting with. They expanded the childrens' section and teach and push crazy liberal propaganda. They get multiple copies of crap like James Patterson garbage and similar. Most stuff I need to request through the library share program and wait up to two weeks to get. They have expanded the audio book selection slightly but not impressively and again its mostly pop-culture trash. When I was in high school 30 years ago that library was awesome. Now that I'm older and can appreciate literature better and more fully the library has been dumbed down . The non-fiction section is almost barren.

Fuck but I miss the card catalog for looking books up . I hate having to stand in line to look shit up on the 4 computer terminals that are supposed to be dedicated to looking up books.

Gotchu senpai. Haven't used it yet myself because I have a lot of books I haven't read yet and haven't been reading in my free time as much as I should, but I plan to make use of it next time I need shit.

Never lend books. The people never read them and then never return them to you.

They will not read it and give you a million excuses every time you ask how far they come, and hold onto it forever because they don't want to seem like they won't read it.

I lent a 350 page book to my neighbour and it took me 7 months to get it back after I went for dinner at her place and found it under a stack of papers and said I wanted to re-read it.

Find a fopp or an HMV.

They usually have crazy cheap books.

I can get all kinds of stuff for 3 quid a book at my local Fopp.

Ebay
Amazon prices but you don't have to buy a $90 membership for free shipping

The library

please respond

you'll really change my life, Veeky Forums

audible.
or your favorite torrent site

>audible
Oh man it isn't free