Meet Pepper X, Soon To Be the World’s Hottest Pepper

youtube.com/watch?v=-zCYX0esYlo

youtube.com/watch?v=c7Tl7nncYDA

The Carolina Reaper has been the undisputed world’s hottest pepper for over 4 years now, but its days at the top are numbered. There’s a new kid on the block and it’s apparently twice as hot as the Reaper. This is “Pepper X”.

Pepper X is the brainchild of Smokin’ Ed Currie, “founder, president, mad scientist & chef of PuckerButt Pepper Company”, and the same man who created the now world famous Carolina Reaper. Apparently, he started working on this scorching hot chilli some 10 years ago, crossing various pepper variety and constantly upping the Scoville rating, to the point where it now scores a mouth burning 3.18 million Scoville units. To put that into perspective, Jalapenos are rated at between 10,000 – 20,000 units, while the current Guinness record holder for world’s hottest pepper, the Carolina Reaper, scores an average of 1.6 million units on the Scoville scale. So it’s safe to say that Pepper X is pretty hot.

So hot in fact that consuming it raw is potentially deadly. The extremely high capsaicin content, the active component that produces a sensation of burning in any tissue with which it comes into contact, can send your immune system into overdrive and trick your body into thinking that it is experiencing real burning. For this reason, Pepper X is currently only available as an ingredient of the hottest sauce ever created, The Last Dab.

The sauce consists of Pepper X mash, distilled vinegar, ginger root, turmeric, coriander, cumin and dry mustard, making it very flavorful while only compromising on hotness. By itself, Pepper X comes in at 3.18 Scoville units, but The Last Dab sauce is still hotter than the Carolina Reaper, at 2.4 million units, and on par with the current unofficial world’s hottest pepper, Dragon’s Breath.

odditycentral.com/foods/meet-pepper-x-soon-to-be-the-worlds-hottest-pepper.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1w8j7jSLsrs
youtube.com/watch?v=eVc32TdYQGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-Fh0V63WO5k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

“Pepper X is three times hotter than any other peppers that are out there available commercially,” Its creator, Smokin Ed Currie, said. “It’s twice as hot as the Reaper at 1.6 million, so this is a dangerous pepper.”

According to Currie, but also those who have tried The Last Dab, Pepper X is special in that it gives you a false sense of security. It’s mildly hot at first, than the hotness in your mouth goes away for a while, fooling you into eating more of it, before coming back with a vengeance and making you regret ever trying it in the first place. Just watch this clip of Complex’s “Don’t Believe The Hype” to get an idea of how deceptive this little bugger can be.

Smokin’ Ed has already submitted documentation to the Guinness Book of Records to have Pepper X officially named as the hottest pepper in the world, and he estimates that the title will be awarded sometime in November.

The Last Dab sauce was only recently launched, but it is already a smashing success. The first 1,000 bottle batch was sold out in just two minutes of becoming available online, and it’s now only available for pre-order.

GTFO SHILL
I will never buy your bullshit hotsauce now.

Good I hope he closes now.

Lol, what a shitty shill post. Your target audience, millennials, see through you instantly. Lurk moar to see how to be effective at shilling. There are daily examples on this board, but you're a fucking joke.

>Carolina Reaper - Scoville scale: 2,150,000 SHU
>twice as hot as the Reaper
>4,300,000 SHU
>consuming it raw is potentially deadly

Sure thing, kid.

Meanwhile,

>12-yr-old eats Plutonium (9 Million Scoville) Mad Dog 357
youtube.com/watch?v=1w8j7jSLsrs

>Eating TOE OF SATAN Challenge w/9 million Scoville extract ... Vat19
>youtube.com/watch?v=eVc32TdYQGQ

wtf i love hotsauce now

Why would anyone want to consume a helllike hotsauce/pepper

Pepper high.

what do you think that's made from?

Since it is an extract, it doesn't really matter what it is made from, since it gets concentrated. There's hotter stuff than that, like pure capsicum crystals (16 million SHU).

I'll wait until Puckerbutt makes the official announcement in the Spring. The new pepper isn't even named yet (Pepper X is temporary). Puckerbutt will likely make some tastier sauces based on it too. Eventually they'll sell the seeds and I can make my own sauce.

This shit is like dbz power levels

>what youre seeing now is jalapeno
every season there's a new ssj

Is this actually useful in cooking apart from having pissing contests with the lads?

God I can't fucking wait for all the youtube videos of people hospitalizing themselves for views.

How many ignorant fuckers will confuse this with peperoncini?

I want to get a job at papa johns just to swap em out.

why do fucktards spend time on what is essentially an inedible pepper?

No. You can buy pure capsaicin extract if you want to make stupidly-hot sauces.

Dick-measuring contests.

honestly once you get past a certain point on the Scoville scale you may as well not consider it edible, some people will just puke it back up, and everyone else will wish they did the next time they take a shit

>Carolina reaper undisputed hottest
>dragons breath 2.4 million
This is shilling, first off even if it IS the hottest (which it isn't) its disputed because of the dragons breath

youtube.com/watch?v=-Fh0V63WO5k

Ed Currie is a fraud. he has a billion different claims on the origin of the Reaper, latest of which is that it's a cross between a Ghost and a Habanero, which is obviously bullshit.

who cares, the reaper isnt even the topic of this...

Also, not Currie related but "Dragon's Breath" was bullshit that was hyped up by clickbait media.

>Formally tested and been on the market for years vs new and informally tested

HOT ONES FAGGOTS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

It is partially though. The pepper x article reads like shilling if it isn't published by the company

Actually it is formally tested. It was codeveloped by NTU (university). Either way that makes it disputed.

it's just the writer of the article being brain dead like 99% of journalists.

I like how people think fast food is bad for you then they goto sitdown places thinking it's healthy. the average IHOP meal has 2x as much fat and calories than a fast food meal does.

This is a pepper thread, blind retard

It is a type of scorpion pepper hybrid.

I don't get what the point of these ultra-hot peppers are, anyway, aside from setting world records. Who actually likes eating anything that's so hot that the heat masks the taste of whatever it's in, let alone something so hot that it causes you long-lasting physical pain.

And even at that, if all you want is hot, wouldn't you get a tube of pure capsaicin which would beat out any pepper anyway?

I ate a dried Carolina Reaper and it was pure agony after a single chew, it is how I would imagine being stung on the tongue by a wasp to feel. Anyone who wants a hotter pepper than this is either insane or really fucking stupid.

Getting stung by a wasp isn't that bad, but the pain will last much longer than eating a super hot pepper.

I honestly could not give any less of a shit about the rest of this, but everyone involved in naming that thing "Pepper X" should be fucking shot.

It's a temporary name, supposedly.

That does not change my convoctions.

Mfw the top post on leddit is a hot ones video and “some random guy” makes a post on Veeky Forums about pepper x.

Obvious shilling is obvious. Was gonna try this sauce but fuck just pay adwords instead of this bullshit.

>fw the top post on leddit is a hot ones video
How would you know something like that...

The reaper hasn't even been the hottest for the past couple of years, the dragons breath has.

people already eat peppers this hot, the only thing that Mr. Currie has done is almost make a stable, reproducable strain of peppers at this heat. There are also sauces that already break into the several millions of scovilles using capcaisin extract.

there have been numerous unstable, sterile, strains bred before now that are as hot or hotter than Pepper X, Currie probably made dozens himself before reaching this point. The scoville system is also inherently flawed

Currie's a baller dude though, carolina reapers are delicious. Ghost Peppers suck dick, bitter fuckers.

I browse reddit too user. I’m not a faggot that refuses to go on certain websites because of the ((implication))

>dragons breath
that shit was a hoax, bruh

>Pepper X
What a shit name

you apparently missed the part where pepper x is over 3 million scoville, aka more than twice as hot as carolina reaper

I remember watching a video where a guy snorted powered carolina reapers for teh lulz

But people on youtube eat capsaicin extract and that's 16 million units right?

Only nu-males and insecure fags care about muh hot pepperz. I personally find that most peppers taste like ass. But I don't mind spiciness in my food so long as it doesn't make my eating experience shitty.

>all these people on Veeky Forums trying to turn the tables and say pepper enthusiasts are the numale pussies.

Top kek.

The least you could do is not share your disgusting personal habits with us. I bet you have sex under the covers in the dark in the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreation within a religiously sanctioned marriage, you piece of shit.

This is now considered an acceptable post on Veeky Forums. What have we come to?

/thread

I like chipotle the best

no store in its right mind will carry this pepper. i dont know why they sell anything that could kill their customer.

>being so insecure in your masculinity that you have to prove yourself by eating the spiciest thing you can find.
Ok Timmy. You're still a beta, regardless of what you eat.

these numbers are too large and because of that they are meaningless
the fact we use jalapenos as a baseline and they are worth thousands of units in their own right makes the scale absolutely retarded

I demand we start using kilos now
jalapenos are worth 10-20 KS
this new pepper is 3180 KS

doesn't that make so much more sense, and is actually explained in a scale that is comprehensible?
when numbers get too large their magnitude loses meaning

Plenty of stores carry pure capsaicin extract, which is more dangerous than this pepper. If it's developed by Pucketbutt, it will be sold in sauce, seed, and mature pepper forms, unlike that Welsh faggot's Dragon's Breath pepper that he's keeping all to himself.

yes, good idea user. let's use logic to rectify the past that humanity threw us into, as that'll surely fix it all up.

I think you're the ignorant fucked here if you think any store anywhere would sell this. Even more so considering it says right in the fucking OP text that it's only available as a sauce.

>insecure in your masculinity
The only people that use that stupid argument are bitches and pussy-ass beta males trying to justify their physical and mental weakness, and or cowardice.

Which one are you?

I would tip you extra for that.

I was thinking of getting some reaper seeds and growing a few bushes this coming year.

A Southern Season in chapel hill has a whole section of their sauce section devoted to hot sauces. I bet they would stock it.

Just shut up about that place and we'll all be a bit happier

Seriously, kill yourself

Sure they'd stock it. Once it's done being on indefinite backorder. The first 1000 bottles scolding under 3min.

This thread can suck my cock

it's pretty bad, even for ck.

Try this.

fucking retarded. who gives a fuck. people who eat 'really really spicy stuff' are exactly as fucking stupid as someone who puts cigarettes out on themselves.

just fucking use synthesized capsaicin, you fucking mouthbreathing sportswatching sisterfucking trumpvoting dicksucking morons.

>She's sill butthurt that trump is her President

I want to try this but I don't want to use my money to do it

Why are they even selling in regular bottles when you're likely to eat it once or twice and forget about it? It's a novelty food for fuck's sake

Capsaicin extracts taste like shit, from what I get due to the extraction process being shit

Well, you literally found out how the metric system works.
But, it does not end at kilo.
3.18 Millions are indeed 3180 Kilo Scoville.
But, you what the proper, metric term for a million is?
Mega!
So this Pepper, has 3.18 Mega Scoville!!!
Holy shit dude, Megascovilles!!!!
MEGA! my man!

>when numbers get too large their magnitude loses meaning
Oh, no. That's the whole idea between stuff like kilo, Mega, Giga, Tera, Peta, Exa and so on. Or just use power notation.

Only white people enjoy eating this kind of shit. Non-whites just can't handle the heat

YEAH

fucking shills

what a bunch of hot sauce sharting wankers

ooooh HUUUUR MUH HOT SAUCE MANG

uh no fuck off shills.

>He hasn't seen Coolio on hot ones

>black twitter memes