Name a comfier book. (Protip: you can't.)

Name a comfier book. (Protip: you can't.)

Christopher Morley books. David Garnett books. Anthony Powell books including the epic. M. F. K. Fisher's pentad beginning with The Gastronomical Me.
Many Auden essays, Benjamin essays, Constable's Memoires, Delacroix's Journal, France's novels esp. At the Sign of the Reine Pedauque, Goethe's Italian Journey, Hugo's Ninety-three, Isherwood passim., JOSEPH JOUBERT's Notebooks, Kafka's Amerika, Leopardi's Zibaldone (comfy, comfy, comfy), Melville's Redburn or even Pierre -- or, Marvel's Reveries of a Bachelor, Nichol's wonderful book on Thomas Nashe as well as his The Creature in the Map, Orwell's Essays, Proust, Quine's Quiddities are comfy, Ruskin passim esp The Stones of Venice, Tocqueville's Democracy, 2nd part, Underhill passim, Veblen! Voltaire's Histories, Wordsworth's Prelude, no X comes to mind given the criteria, Yourcenar's Hadrian, Zola's Nana.

All are at least as comfy, most are better.

>genre fiction
no thank you

I have an unread copy of this some girl gave me. Should I actually read it?

S?

Stevenson passim, The Little Flowers of St. Francis of Assisi, Strachey's Eminent Victorians and Queen Victoria, Sartre's War Diaries, St. Exupery passim althougj my favorite's Southern Mail.

>Spends just about one chapter actually alluding to Greek Myths and how the Greek world view may grant a higher level of knowledge
>rest of it is a boring ass getting-away-with-murder plot.

Read The Magus instead, at least that actually uses some of the themes it sets up.

Yeah. It's pretty good. And I'm the 'autist' who compiled the lists.

Pavese's Devil in the Hills are pretty comfy novel.

Tartt is the best writer of the past 25 years

The Pillow Book

And a frightening qt. Still.

My waifu Sei! The book's a treasure.

Donna Tartt? More like donnot startt reading this amirite

Pic related and Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto are the coziest things I've ever encountered. Pale Fire, Pan by Hamsun, a lot of Robert Frost's stuff also pretty good.

Only only read the first chapter and gave up on it. I didn't really want to read about a bunch a dweebs jacking off to the Greeks. Maybe it gets better but I'll never know. And whats the deal with those kids anyway? Do college kids really dress up tweed suits acting like they're living in another century? I just couldn't understand the whole set up.

this shit is so comfy i am with you OP. it's the better breakfast club

yea this happens irl. just depends on your taste user. i was taking a greek class at the time and i was really excited to watch dweebs jacking off to greeks

Just finished the first chapter. I could definitely see giving up on it, as I can't relate to any of this bullshit, but I'm super interested to see what she does with all these pretentious, pedantic fucks.

>Donna Tartt? More like donnot startt reading this amirite
>I lol'd, good one user

that book was so comfy

she was beautiful young lady.

>Auden
>Orwell
boring shallow classic liberal shit to be honest

But smooth, easy to comprehend reading. For 'boring' I'll give you Orwell, but The Dyer's Hand certainly has its moments, and I found it enjoyable.

Nice job bringing politics into a comfy lit thread, you faggot.

You should read Orwell's Coming Up For Air. Very comfy.