Would any of you bisexuals be interested in joining me in a reading group of the whole of the sacred Mahabharata?

Would any of you bisexuals be interested in joining me in a reading group of the whole of the sacred Mahabharata?

Other urls found in this thread:

sacred-texts.com/hin/maha/
holybooks.com/the-mahabharata-of-vyasa-english-prose-translation/
holybooks.com/mahabharata-all-volumes-in-12-pdf-files/
archive.org/details/The.Ramayana.of.Valmiki.by.Hari.Prasad.Shastri
discord.gg/HjcrRqu
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How gay of y'all to not even want to know the itihasa!

I read an odd handful of hundred pages of the mahabhtataararaddsa, and the bhagagfadvdvda gita. I have to say, it's a lot of brainwashing, especially those ridiculous passages poeticizing the sacredness of cows, which I enjoy eating, though I am of partial pajeet descent. Most of the rest seemed like filler building up towards the bhdagacvda gita, which I do acknowledge as a supremely profound work of literature, though I can't seem to remember how it's spelt.

But that's not the reason I don't want to read with you. The style of anime you posted is mad gay. Downvoted, faggot.

>it's a lot of brainwashing, especially those ridiculous passages poeticizing the sacredness of cows

It's well known that Indian epic poetry exists mainly for the purposes of sectarian proselytizing.

It's not unlike the Canterbury Tales, which was written to convert the already-Christian English to Christianity.

It is one of the longest epic poems in any culture period. Do you think a single person on this board has the stamina to read a fourth of it?

>the whole of the Mahabharata
You're talking 7k pages easily
I'll stick with abridged til I'm in my fourties and have the time

>written to convert already christians to christianism

Funny since christians, as a rule, are the most ignorant towards their own creed

No, it's funny because you're reading the Mahabharata like it's a fucking Hare Krishna pamphlet instead of a crown jewel of world literature.

what does bissexuality has to do with it
you have my attention

At least the krishnas know sanskrit. When was the last time you met a christian who knew koiné?

Sorry bro I'm just here to make fun of you for being stupid. Have a nice day.

Fuck, i just realized Christ = Krsna. Do you think Ioshua was another avatar of Visnu?

Alright, what translation are we reading? I am a poo in loo but sadly i've never read it, only watched it as a TV series when i was a kid. It sounded too fantastic for my edgy tastes back then.

The Ganguli, seeing as it's the available one, and apparently not poor. In various places:
sacred-texts.com/hin/maha/
holybooks.com/the-mahabharata-of-vyasa-english-prose-translation/
holybooks.com/mahabharata-all-volumes-in-12-pdf-files/

>See hot ass nymph bitch
>wind picks up her skirt and get a peek
>hide behind a rock so I can do a rubadub
>bust a fat one in my sock
>a baby pops out the wank sock
>o fug
>teach him the scripture cause fuck it

>childless cause I'm bad with guys or something
>ask a sage what I can do
>sage teaches me a spell and says this will definitely get me pregnant
>fucking you think? spells?
>I mean it can't harm to see what happens, let's try this
>say the spell as the sage taught me
>the fucking sun comes down and rips my clothes off and shoves his hot sun cock in my cunt
>cum with the force of a thousand suns
>come to my senses after the orgasm high
>oh jesus christ I'm fucking pregnant
>I was just trying to goddamn test it
>give birth
>the fucker comes out my pussy wearing earrings and armor and has huge arms for a 2 minute old
>sun god says "ok there you go" and puts my hymen back in place and jumped up into the sky again
>shit, everyone's gonna think I'm dumb cause I didn't think any of that would happen
>dump the baby, armor and all, into the fucking river
>jeez, hope that's the end of that, that was embarrasing

It's a pretty cool story

seems hot

is there any point in reading translated poetry?

It's not ideal obviously, but yes.

Anthy, Veeky Forums of my life

My dad desu

>the style of anime you posted is mad gay
Shoujo anime deals with character development and human emotion better than le social reject in a giant robot meme anime

..Every great author in the canon read tons of translated poetry. The average Veeky Forums poster has never read anything. Whom do you want to emulate

what is trisexuals

Will fuck anything on three wheels.

Is there any translation in verse?
I hate Prose

bump

Who, not whom.

trisexuals is a type of dinosaur, but some scholars argue it was merely the immature form of the torosexuals.

I can read the devanagari. But i still don't know more than a few sanskrit words (like five or six)

What is this and why should I care?

>:3

t. degenerate

As a lover or paleobiology this joke really struck a chord(ate) with me.

ANSWER ME!

bump

>christians need to know greek

???

OP I recognise all your threads. Please marry me.

>"at least im not a nigger"
shoujo's gay as f

It's the language their half of the holy book is written in

>The style of anime you posted is mad gay. Downvoted, faggot.
kill yourself

>Shoujo anime
the only Veeky Forumserary genre of anime. truly patrician

>shoujo's gay as f
kill yourself

later baby rips off his armor-skin and gives it to a priest :(

bump

>Shoujo anime deals with character development and human emotion better than le social reject in a giant robot meme anime

Completely right. Most 'normal' shoujo about some girl begin fawned over by a bunch of dudes is garbage, but there's otherwise it's the best anime has to offer.

trips of shoujo truth

I'd read a manga adaption of the Mahabharata if it was drawn in that style desu

bump

>internet bitch boy can only act tough on the internet

i am a bigger person than you, spiritually and physically

which is why you're insecure enough to compare dick size with some dude on the internet

pathetic

that too, but what im saying is that i could beat you up lmao

can you fuckheads fuck off this thread with your gay shit or atleast link me a translation of the epic in verse?

>low test faggot beating up anyone
>theyre only capable of beating off someone

What, this is still up?
Well, if there's any actual interest, I imagine that we should do the Ramayana first, seeing as it's- to my poor understanding- prior both in terms of events and in composition, as well as significantly briefer.
archive.org/details/The.Ramayana.of.Valmiki.by.Hari.Prasad.Shastri

is it in prose or verse?

indian lit is the original red pill

Give up user. The Mahabharata is HUEG. Nobody is going to make a verse translation of the whole thing, you're better off learning Sanskrit.

well wtf are lazy scholars up to!?

These texts have existed for hundreds of years and they still haven't come up with a translation?

seriouspost

I would do this, so go ahead and start up a Discord or whatever you want and i'll be there

I have a ramayana on hand so would prefer that

dont think you're going to have a meaningful, in-depth discussion with all the /pol/ autists constantly breezng through here

one Dutch guy tried to do a serious translation of the Mahabharata. he got about 1/4 of the way through before he died.

the translation project was given to Wendy Doniger, who is the worst person in the world, a living, breathing embodiment of bigoted SJW waste-of-space academia.

she had like less than zero interest in finishing the translation of the #1 key text of her alleged field of interest, and the project has been on hold since then

there are no other reliable translations

>thread reminded my the Utena manga just got re released

Thanks OP.

bump

This.

>start up a discord
h-here
discord.gg/HjcrRqu

Make it permanent you dweeb

that's funny, because mine is written in English

as a fellow pajeet, i have to say that you have shit taste. may you shit in toilets for a thousand years and only taste of pungent pickled paneer pussies.

Yeah, it expired.