So....does anything happen in this book? I'm like a hundred pages in, and I'm really straining to even pay attention...

So....does anything happen in this book? I'm like a hundred pages in, and I'm really straining to even pay attention. Entire book so far is:

>Banal, unlikable, unintersting guys get in a cab, have banal, unlikable, uninteresting conversation. Nothing really happens.
>Same unlikable, uninteresting people go to dinner, talk about dumb shit, nothing happens.
>Guy goes home, looks around his house. Nothing happens.
>Banal, unlikable, uninteresting brofags do drugs for 50 pages, nothing really happens though.
>Guy goes to drycleaners. That's about it.

>nothing happens
this meme

I could maybe get into the total nothingness of it if anything was interesting, or cleverly written, or any of the characters were somehow likeable or at least interesting. It's just awful, boring, uninteresting douches milling about.

at some point, a banal unlikable unintersting guy kills a few banal unliakble uninteresting people

still feel sorry for the homeless person and his dog

but holy shit did it have me chuckling

wait for the second half. That book is a master of the slow boil.

You're not supposed to pay attention, that's kind of the point.

That said, it escalates.

Just wait til you get to the entire chapter where he talks about nothing but Phil Collins or whatver. I couldn't keep going after that. I'll just stick with the movie.

The characters are anti-likeable by design. Bret made it big early and was disappointed by the big time, the book.

It's worth reading the entire thing, just skip all the useless descriptions of clothing and the insane rambling monologues.

well this shit has been going on for 100 pages, I'm pretty well zonked out at this point.

He goes to a drycleaners bitching about blood stains, and I thought I may have not even noticed a murder happening because I couldn't pay attention. Could just be coke nose bleeds too. I honestly don't care either way.

So stop reading it you boring piece of shit

way ahead of you

Seems like OP forgot to take his ADHD meds

Nah, your mom has been letting me take yours.

She doesn't need them to handle you them?

>She doesn't need them to handle you them

Things gets really graphic and brutal later on. The movie is on a Disney level in comparison.

That's sort fo the point of the book, the same things happen over and over again, monotonous decadence. It's supposed to get you into Patrick's perspective and give you the feeling that nothing is important because it's all a repetition of a repetition, no matter how elegant, luxurious or grotesque it is.

>tfw I felt my own view on things begin to mimic that of Bateman's after a couple hundred pages

I think that the point of a good book is not that it gives you a transcendental idea that will make you understand the world better, I think that it's the posibility of showing you a different perspective of things you already go through every day. This book is good at that, comunicating a particularly shitty perspective of life in a very efficient way.

I felt nauseaus at more than one point
If you like over the top, graphic violence you'll find it worth keeping on. I regret having read it because of some of these parts

I read the whole book in a day. Get good pleb. And if you skip the clothing descriptions or pop-music monologues you are a failure.

Worst fucking book Ive ever read, I finished it because it was such a hype back then just so I could state that it was a brick of shit without loosing my integrity.

do you know what a fucking loser you are?

You're too young. Give up. If you had consciously lived through the 80s you'd be laughing your ass off from the third page.