Want to order pizza

>want to order pizza
>don't want to leave the house
>every pizza place now charges extra for delivery
>"''"""""""""""""""""delivery fee""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>still expected to tip
>fee doesn't go to the driver

What the fuck is the point of this fee?

To make more money off of spergs who would sooner pay an extra dollar than leave the house.

wow....it's almost like....gas costs money or something......wow.....

Certainly you can understand that it costs more to deliver a pizza than to have it picked up.

thats why they employ drivers

who are paid dogshit wages because I am expected to tip them

this fee does not go to the drivers

Learn how to cook ya mong. Eat good food for less and you don't have to tip subhuman food slaves

>money doesn't go to the driver
Read before being cunt.

Just because I want a pizza delivered to my house once in a while doesn't mean I don't know how to cook. You autistic fucks are so eager to argue and you aren't even addressing op's point.
It costs extra for a pizza to be delivered and the extra money goes to the restaurant and not the driver even though the driver is paying his own gas and their own car is getting extra miles on it.

>now

What? It has been like that here since like ever. If you don't want to move you fat ass to the pizza maker you better fork over those few € extra, based on distance.
Which I find perfectly fine, when they have to drive 20 km just for you that should cost sth.

Stop being poor

>>"''"""""""""""""""""delivery fee""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>still expected to tip
>>fee doesn't go to the driver
>What the fuck is the point of this fee?
So? Why do you care? You simply have to deal with your bottom line for your craving to be handled.
Get off your butt and pick up food yourself OR pay for what you want done for you. It's an easy choice.

meh, I'll just stick with gas station pizza, it's better, cheaper, and I can also get them to bring me anything else in the store I want

I'm not poor. I'm cheap. We live alike, but in the event of a financial emergency I have nothing to worry about. Know the difference.

>it's better
No it's not. This isn't even subjective.

>Tipping
Top kek, Americans have the stupidest customs.

>Americans have the stupidest options
ftfy

>t. butthurt clapistan resident

europoors not having enough moneys to throw at the unwashed masses

>Be me
>Thrifty so I can put away money for my future
>Lazy so I sometimes like to buy prepared food
>Realize the delivery jew is not a frugal person's friend
>Custom order little Caesar's pizzas for my friends and I
>Pick up when I told them I would

It's that easy. Just pick up a phone and you can have cheap, delicious pizza with minimal """service industry""" interaction and no tip

Except it does. OP is a fucking liar. Drivers are reimbursed per mile and insurance. Unless you're at some shit-tier franchise.

This

Living in Cali but I lived in Turkey for many years, hated many things but boy the food delivery is awesome
>literally one site became the absolute monopoly
>no delivery fee, gets his cut from the food makers
>occasional random price cuts
>if a problem happens you can call them and they will act on your behalf (if they sell higher in delivery compared to store, if they miss something etc)
>no shitty tip culture, many are glad with just 2-3% tips that would get you shitty attitudes from drivers
>can just order online with no phone talk, bonus for autists like me

America seems way behind in this regard, too many webpages, tips-delivery fees, many stores do not deliver. Gosh.

They either use to to reimburse the driver or it goes towards the cost of the vehicle. I just dont tip and its rare that I eat pizza so when I do its never the same person. Other foods I get delivered via services like Uber Eats which doesnt allow you to tip.

order and pay online
no cash handled at the door
no expectation of a tip cause no money is present
win win situation

>amerifat is glad to to pay the workers the wages so his billion dollar corporate overlord does not have to

Its like you are proud of being exploited

Isn’t that exactly how taxes work? Giving a little bit of money so someone doesn’t have to foot the entire bill? Paying just a little bit for modern day conveniences?

Only in this scenario, you do have a choice in the matter, with the only consequence being a slight sense of shame or embarrassment if you cant/ won’t tip.

Your tax money should not go to the rich, your tips dont help the worker they help the establishment.

Hm fair enough. Do you have a wife and kids?

The delivery charge is to cover the cost of employing the driver. When they say it doesn't go to the driver they don't mean it that literally like they don't pay their fucking drivers.

Still, if your core business is fucking pizza delivery you shouldn't have a "delivery charge".

I deliver for a chinese place and they charge a delivery fee and don't reimburse me for anything ;_;
people ask all the time and I'm like I have no idea what it's for but I guess it's just to get extra money

they pay me $5/hr so I guess you could consider it for that, but no direct reimbursement for gasoline / vehicle wear. I also never do enough deliveries in an hour to make $5 from the $1.50 delivery fee they charge because they always send me to places like 15-20 minutes away

>pay for convenience
>it costs more

Whoa... so this is the power of being lazy

>expecting to make money working for chinks

>your tax money should not go to the rich

Welcome to the real world, princess. If I could offer one tip: try not to sound so naive on the internet.

Then order chinese you stupid nigger

It totally depends on the franchise, but generally the fee goes to your employer and you don't get comped for gas or wear and tear on your car.
It's kinda like how you're expected to show up for work not smelling like shit despite the fact that your employer won't reimburse you for the cost of soap and deodorant.

Cost of gas and additional time+labor

>not using ubereats so you can just not tip them, but not have to do it to their face

>pizza maker

Uber Eats has no quality control whatsoever. Your driver might bring your food after it's been sitting in his car for 30 minutes, getting cold, and tipped over so everything is spilled when you open it.

Pizza drivers actually have that temperature-controlled bag they keep your pizza in, and they have a timeline they stick to so nobody's pizza is sitting in their car for half an hour.

t. 12 year old that doesn't understand what 'americlap' means

no way man, you can see where it is
plus my uber guys have temp bags too
never had anything take longer than 25 mins from order to arrival
only had 1 time when some sauce spilled but that was the restaurants fault since they didnt close the box all the way but it didnt fuck up the food or anything

Pizza delivery guy here to educate you total morons. The delivery fee goes to paying the extra insurance the company needs to have to be able to employ delivery workers. Sometimes the fee doesn't even cover the whole insurance bill on a slow month.

maybe the massive profit they make from the pizzas that cost a dollar to make and sell for a huge mark up could be used to pay for the extra insurance you fucking bum.

Fast food pizza chains wouldn't be as successful if they didnt deliver; hell if maccy ds or kfc delivered, i would never order a pizza again.

There is no reason to pass that shitty driver fee onto the customer onto the customer as well as a tip on the top.

If you don't want to be underpaid, don't sign the fucking contract, i will always stiff you fucks, AND IF YOU EVER GIVE ME BAD SERVICE COS OF IT, I will always complain to your manager and even your regional manager/corporate if its really bad.

>Implying any pizza delivery management cares what some co/ck/sucker with a point to prove has to say about his pizza being delivered in an unfriendly manner.

Fee goes back to store, store pays wage. Fee goes back to driver.

>I've only had shitty gas station pizza
I feel sorry for you man

>Pizzas cost $1

Ameritard edumacation

>whine about delivery fees until Domino's stops charging them
>price of pizzas is raised to cover the delivery person's salary instead
>people who pick up their pizzas in person are subsidizing lazy fucks
Thanks a lot, fatty.

I know for a fact hungry howies reimburses drivers for gas idk about other places

In retail quantities, I can make a higher quality pizza than most pizza places for about 2.50. It's not unreasonable to think that commercial quantities and quality cuts could get that down to the 1 dollar range.

>complaining about the price of food being delivered to you when the whole point of ordering in is convenience

It's a good thing autistic chucklefucks like you never accomplish anything. Enjoy eating 9 other peoples spit edgelord.

>punishing low on the corporate ladder wageslaves who have no control over anything corporate decides to do
I bet you also yell at cashiers when the prices of groceries are too high fuckboy.

The driver is paid a wage you retard.

All you get when you complain is a show to humor you and maybe a coupon. The driver almost never gets in trouble and the manager usually apologizes to the driver for having to deliver to an asshole.

I have a coworker who used to work at Domino's and he says he didn't get reimbursed.

I know because I always crack jokes about not tipping delivery drivers to piss him off

I did IT for dominos and its a francise by franchise choice but they don't pay much per KM...though the further out of the radius from dominos you drive the more your comped

Just,so you FUCKINH RETARDS know, the federal reimbursement per mile is 52 cents. Your delivery fee is a flat fee. In addition, no chain pizza delivery place that exists gives the full fee to the employee. In fact, federal reimbursement has gone down with gas prices falling but delivery fees have gone up. Dominos only gives 1.75 to it's drivers of the 3-3.50 they charge. In addition to this, there's a delivery wage the drivers are paid that is below minimum wage any time they are on a delivery.

You shouldn't tip drivers unless it's your rounding up change and you should always leave a review stating why. Paying 3.50 for a delivery fee + tip is retarded and I've switched to pick up or ordering from local pizza places with no fee.

It varies per franchise but no franchise gives the full fee meaning some of that fee is just you paying the company for no fucking reason

>Pizza costs $1

I'm sure your party pizzas are great you lying faggot. Grow up kiddo you don't have to exaggerate to make your point

In terms of food costs it does? I worked at Dominos and a large dough ball was 17 cents. With the bulk purchase cheese and sauce, it was usually 1.30-2.00 to make a pizza depending on toppings. Ie. A veggie cost less to make than a meat lovers. If you just got a cheese it was literally under a dollar per pizza to make.

Kill yourself retard

Yes they do it’s just weird how it happens at the very end of the delivery and not before you gotta specifically look for it almost. Friend was bitching at me to go look for it so I did and found it

>hole in the wall pizza place is a five minute drive away
stay jelly

>$2 is $1
>Labor is free
>Rent is free
>Utilities are free

Ameritard public education

Even with labor and utilities, it's still cheap.

>works at Domino's
>too dumb to realize no one would value a retards opinion

$2.50 is cheap you don't have to lie and say it's $1 to make it cheap, that just makes you cheap and a lying creep

Covers gas, time, other expenses that come with delivery. Also to squeeze more money out of you

All these low wage workers, haha

get back to work blue collar bitches.

>$2.50
He said 1.30 to 2 for a large you mongoloid. A medium would easily be a dollar.

>He lied so you have to just believe him

>Hey guys! Watch me backpedal!

What about Uber eats

A big part of it is insurance, every driver and their vehicle has to be covered by a company policy. When I was delivering pizza in college, I was covered by a company policy that could have paid up to $1 million to my family if I died on the job.

The delivery fee is because most of the employees are drivers, meaning that drivers are the ones doing most of the work at the restaurant, meaning when you order a pizza that's 30-ish minutes an employee isn't at the restaurant doing work

drive your dumb ass to the krogerts and get a frozen pizza. most good frozen pizzas are $5ish

otherwise, quit bitchin'

>implying the life of a pizza driver is worth 1 million dollars

They carry insurance in case you hit somebody while driving for them, have shitty insurance yourself, and the other guy turns around and sues the pizza place because you are its employee.

literally everyone orders delivery tard

No, I actually read the policy. I was insured for up to $1 million in case of death on the job, I even had to name a beneficiary. I didn't look at the pay out if I killed somebody else, it was probably much higher. Of course I was working for Pizza Hut, I'm sure Uncle Julio's Pizza Igloo doesn't insure their drivers that high, but they still have to insure them against both damage/injury to others as well as damage/injury to themselves.

>Why do I have to pay extra to have food brought to ME. I'M the customer, I'M always RIGHT!
Good God, women will just never understand how money works.

Do people seriously tip pizza delivery people? It's 2017 i've seen kids delivering shit in new camaros and chargers?
probably because you fucks give them extra money for no reason.
but fuck that shit

>>Labor is free
>>Rent is free
>>Utilities are free
Uh huh. You take that into consideration when cooking at home?

>every pizza place now charges extra for delivery
>now

what fantasy land have you been living in?

Flash ur tits bitch

Cook at mazzios here

Ama

I know this is old,but just tip the order total before the delivery fee and tax. You should do 15% in this case.

Tipping triggers me, their should really only be a delivery fee. I understand waiters, you can have an exceptionally good or bad waiter but for delivery drivers what is the point? The drivers literal only job is to bring you food how can you fuck that up or be extra good about it.

Walking dosen't.