Why did humanity evolve toward the 12 oz measure of standard beer bottle & can?

why did humanity evolve toward the 12 oz measure of standard beer bottle & can?

seems a little on the smallish side to me.

probably has more to do with the optimal amount people are most likely to buy that also uses the least amount of packaging material.

12 ounces in a foot, after considering the pontil depression. What are you a metric fanatic?

12oz = 350ml?

too big, 250ml = optimal

I always buy half litre cans

Pints are best

easier to control your standard drinks.

also lager has been the most popular beer type for a long time and it's better cold. especially cheap lager, the colder the better. a bigger bottle takes longer to drink and therefore warms up more by the time you finish.

Yeah theres probably some cost per container optimization going on. Also good point about it staying cold, anything much bigger and the drink will get warm unless you're chugging it

It has the same amount of alcohol as a jigger of hard liquor and 4 oz of wine.

It's 1.5oz and 5oz respectively. a jigger is 2oz IIRC

>this

also, lagerfags are gay
ale is the shit

I used to be a lagerfag.

>jigger
/pol/ please go.

Is a jigger like a Japanese nigger?

>british brewers using the american "im going to put beer in a small can" trend to con shoppers

we drink 4x500ml....not 4 x 350ml.

>12 oz
That's not how you spell "Halbe" and neither is it "Mas"

no, I agree. Sizes should be based on how much you can definitely drink in one go. A cup-sized drink is guaranteed to be finished before it gets warm or flat, and has less than too many calories. In hot weather, anyone could blow through 12 oz, but in spring or cooler weather, it's easy enough to get through 6-10 oz before you say "well I've had enough, the rest is just empty calories because I'm ashamed to throw away the rest of a drink I've paid for"

cocktails rarely exceed 6, maybe 8 oz at most and would never go up to 10. Only mixed drinks for old Texan women visiting Bourbon St. on vacation would need to go further.

Try visiting somewhere warm, flyover, and you'll understand how quickly a drink exceeding 10 oz runs its course if you're not a fat fucker who enjoys drinking 200 calories a go.

Haha Brits got cucked by the metric system

If we're going to follow established naming conventions, a jigger would be a jap trying to be a nigger (see:wigger)

Guys. I've never had an IPA before, and I fucking had bitter shit. I assume I will never like IPA right because that's kind of the point? Is there an IPA style that's not bitter or is that an oxymoron. Favorite beer currently is Yuengling, or Brown Ale. Suggest beer to me.

>America
Not in UK/EU/RUS/AUS/NZ it didn't.

switch to white beer (hefeweizen, blanco, etc.) or sour

>Mas

16oz, or pint, or half liter for eurotrash, is superior

try stouts and porters

I always buy pint cans
Fight me

I do too, as in my country you can always buy 4 pints for 10 bucks from any convenience store, but I usually find them to be flat for the last six ounces.

12 is the ounce of consent, any lower and you're a creep