Whats the best thing at your college cafeteria?

Is it chicken nuggets? I'm gonna guess chicken nuggets for most of you

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=59Qire-2-cY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I dont go to college

Waffle-sized waffle fries

how do you even get such a large potato?

Chicken nuggets, gravy, and mashed potatoes courtesy of Brower take out at Rutgers. Better than food they serve inside.

mash it, mold it, fry it

What shape it the bottom right supposed to be?

hard to say. might be the salmon or tuna sushi, the pizza, or the clam chowder. gotta say though, the chicken nuggets do rank awfully high.

a chicken nugget

Oh man, back when I was going to school and living on campus our dining halls were good, like super good. It's hard to pin down one thing cause we had a shitton of different stuff, but I think my go to favorite was the mongolian barbeque we had in one hall, as whenever I didn't know what I wanted I could always fall back on it and it was legit. We also had one dining hall that would have either steaks or grilled shrimp and scallops depending on the night you went, which were great for dinner. Breakfast was pretty good too; the belgian waffles and omelettes weren't anything super special but they were reliable and always good. Also--and I'm not sure if it counts since they weren't covered by the meal plan--there were these two little cafe joints that were open after hours, like until 2 or 3 A.M. I loved being able to just say "fuck it it's 1 in the morning but I want some dinner" and being able to walk a block and grab some eats.

I actually really miss it. Even though I rarely got to hit up the dining halls because my stupid class schedule would mean I couldn't get to eat until after they closed and my dining plan didn't let me get many meals anyway, it was one of my fondest memories of school.

I never used the cafeteria because it was shit.

I had a guerilla kitchen setup, my dorm room had a bathroom but no kitchen, if you are in that situation.

>Mini-fridge
>Microwave
>Hotplate
>Water boiler/kettle

Was able to do quite a lot with that, of course doing dishes in a bathroom sink is a pain in the ass so use paper plates and all you have to wash is your pan.

Nuggets and waffle fries, grilled cheese, meatloaf, and turkey and stuffing are all pretty good

Their fried chicken is typically really good, pulled pork sandwiches are usually very good, pizza's usually good. I guess the thing that kind of annoys me about the dining halls is how small some of the portions are, yeah you can always grab more, but at the saute/pasta section you get so little.

Fuckin' bacon jalapeno mac and cheese.

youtube.com/watch?v=59Qire-2-cY

for brunch, hash browns

Stick it in a stew

My college had a culinary course (which I was in) so food was good. Unfortunately I didn't get free food and had no money so my lunch consisted of carrots which I bought at cost which came out to ~8 cents a carrot.

Whats that rich college kid? you want the fucking halibut en papillote with lemon parmesan risotto for lunch? Sure thing, just let me finish my raw carrot.

Burgers that were twice the size a Big Mac for the same price.

>college kids
Sometimes I forget thats why this board is trash. If only it were nothing but 30+ yo jaded assholes that only have time to do any joy cooking on weekends.
actually it would probably be even more depressing.

the Shakey's near my school

>not having gummies in your gummy mac and cheez

spooky bat, spooky bugs, spooky chicken nugger

But user, that's what the al/ck/ general is for.

The best thing from my old college caf used to be the banana pudding. I'm sure it was from some industiral sized tub, but to be honest the rest of the food was such watery shit inducing garbage, I used to jsut eat banana pudding and a bagel whenever I had to go there,

Sounds like you had a lot of fun man, personally everything in our dining hall was mediocre but it was always nice to stuff my face with classmates and shoot the shit. Writing this makes me realize that I too miss it

The caf always has the regular stuff all places do and it varied in quality depending on time of day and other arcane factors. My highlight was the daily special. For some reason they had one part of he caf dedicated to making fresh and unusual food to order depending on the day but it's pretty cool go find brauts with saurkraut and german potato salad on the menu.

pork potstickers, I really miss them

Depends on what they're serving.
Menu on the main dishes changes day by day and meal by meal, I.E Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Largely self serve and buffer style. Standards are burgers, pizza and deli sandwich shit with some regular, plain pasta.

Occasionaly we get some neat shit like a low-country boil, poutine or chicken fried steak sometimes. Other times, it's half-asses chinese food.

So, it depends.

Anything with salt in it so none.

I lived on grilled cheese, salad, & cheeseburgers. Everything else was too easily fucked up by ghetto dwelllers & ex-cons that worked in dinning halls at SUNY Albany.

Now normally I would say chicken tenders with mashed potatoes and gravy cause it's delicious, however there was this one time they had mexican corn with shitloads of sauces and garlic breadcrumbs and cheese, it was amazing.

we had this place called burritos noches when i went

it was open late and it was store brand chipotle but it was hot and cheesy and there for you

the duck breast was breddy gud
the chicken nuggets are kinda bad desu

some of us still have hope, user

Back when I was in college there was several halls spread all over campus. They were huge buildings, some smaller than others. There was one right next door to my dorm. You had a meal card on a meal plan and all you had to do was scan that fucker and get whatever you wanted.
There was a taco johns with all the usual shit inside, there was a place that made burgers and spicy chicken sandwiches as well as regular, there was an "italian" place for pasta and pizza. Veggie burgers. Coolers with a shit ton of drinks and milks, soy milks and shit. Pick whatever you want put it on your tray, scan the card and sit in this huge room and eat. I think there was even some asian shit, it was all lit up real nice with neon and stuff all over.
I actually had a dorm room to myself because my friend got a gf right away and would just live at her house since she was a bit older and rich. Lotta times I would get a taco and a burger or something and just walk it back into my room since it was so fucking close. Got to do whatever the fuck I wanted all the time.

Oh and a big salad bar of course.

Close. The best thing here are the chicken srtrips.

I graduated several years ago, but during my 1st year at university Pizza Pizza had these personal pizzas that were god's own creation. Pic related isn't the genuine article, but similar.

My cafeteria actually does have pretty good chicken nuggets. The lamb curry they have sometimes is much better though. (Honorable mention to the french dip sandwiches)

nacho day, back when i was still in college

british bongish
we get a different main meal every day, best one of those is a tie between lasagne or toad in the hole.
as for regulars, best thing we have is probably meatball pasta

They are just giant hashbrowns made in a waffle iron.

Is this really the kind of thing they serve in the US?

today were having apple pie all day long. and later were all going to gather together and sing songs, and all your favorite cartoon characters will be there.

Probably the wrap that would should up once or twice a month that had;
>flank steak
>Asian coleslaw
>hoisin sauce
>rice

Chicken tenders were a staple since they'd continue serving them until 12 AM most nights and I always missed regular dinner service due to labs.