Why is the score so low?

Why is the score so low?

it's boring as fuck

People literally can't read

idiots and cucks really

sexist and theres only white people in it

Good reads is mostly women and beta males.

I thought it was pretty fun senpaitachi

Yes but women and beta males don't read chaucer you dingus.

Stupid girls who were assigned it in high school most likely

When has not experiencing something stopped woman and betas from voicing their opinion on it?

Most people who read it didn't do so voluntarily.

kids have to read parts of it in high school and they hate it because they're plebs.

Prioress Tale is anti-Semitic so (((they)))
Rigged the voting

>see something widely regarded as essential and masterful
>express a contrarian opinion of it as per your unique-groupthink independent of the art's quality or even your familiarity with it
I am shocked to my very core

I've known countless people who are powerfully sure and ready to argue it that Shakespeare is a terrible writer and shouldn't be taught. They've read maybe a page of Romeo & Juliet here, a stanza of Macbeth there. Usually their reason for encountering him is school, which makes them all the more convinced of their post-neo-marxist-feminist-nihilist-whatever.

bingo
myself included at the time

Anything that gets assigned in schools usually tends to have a lower rating because annoyed teenagers who don't get it, but are forced to read it, take out their frustration with negative goodreads reviews.

Chaucer is fun. These are the same faggots who rank Potters better than Cervantes.

>3.5
>low

dude that's like the ideal score for patrician material, shows that the pseuds and idiots rated it low

It's also the kind of thing that, despite it's importance and obvious display ov mastery, won't score well in a simple 5 point system. It's got some filler, honestly. And it's an unfinished set of fragments that, by it's nature is robbed somewhat of the scope and cohesion Chaucer suggests in the early parts. It's clearly still an essential piece of culture, and as a bonus it's even fun, but I can see people claiming it's not a "5 star". More than anything it's a reflection of the 5 point system's limitation.

Probably difficulty, the strong religious themes and the fact that people are often assigned to read it early on in English lit courses. It's a shame though, I found it to be a great read.

Most of the time with books of this stature (Moby Dick is also fairly low) it's because people had to read it in school and didn't like it back then, or they are attracted to its status as a classic but aren't actually into reading challenging literature.

The Miller's tale was probably the most entertaining piece of writing I studied in my first year.

pic related

Wow this book sounds fucking sick.

this

Goodreads gives the plebs a voice.