/LONDON/ food

Just moved to London from USA, living slightly east of Covent Garden. Where are some good places to eat in the city? I prefer cheaper/midrange food to fine dining.

Other urls found in this thread:

tarorestaurants.co.uk/Home/Menu/2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Try the Acid Attack Cafe, right next to it is Jihadi John's Fish n' Chips

>living slightly east of Covent Garden
>I prefer cheaper food

something doesn't add up here.

I wanted to live close to work. I don't mean dirt cheap. But I like places like Kanada-Ya, Tongue and Brisket, etc.

Theres some good shwarma stands and halal delis all over the UK, just watch out when the produce truck makes its delivery!

Go to Lee Ho Fooks in SoHo. Get a big dish of beef chow mein

Smithfield Cafe is my favourite

Jimmy Saville had a wonderful place, owned now by a guy named Raj, I think it's called Chile Gang Grape.

Please be aware that your silverware will arrive fully corked and if you remove the cork instead of letting an inspector do it (only when the meal is on the table) you will face jailtime and a large fine. This is only a policy in 7% of Britain's restaurants, as the remaining 93% are hand-scooped eating warehouses with no dangerous furniture, plates, chop sticks or other contraband (bring your own pillow, no metal zippers).

>rent minimum £4,000/mo apartment in one of the most expensive part of London
>want something cheap to eat

Fuck off

My rent is only £2250.

Lol, what do you do?

Try Somali Simba's or Pedo Pete's halal, The have a really secret ingredient. I heard it's hard to get food in the UK around Ramadan also.
Hope you have a blast.

>pissing this kind of money away on a property you don't own and will never accrue wealth from

It's one thing to be a wagecuck. It's another level of pathetic to be a wagecuck who throws their wage away.

Truck of Peace tacos do some good tacos de cabeza

My dad is from england, lives in london, and my mom is from denmark. I spent half my life in london, and I think their best food is sushi and curry. I never really liked english food, except battered cod from cornwall or kent.
But london is amazing for international food though

>you are stupid for having the means to afford accommodation in a desirable location

>Only

Can you employ me?

I think the entire world knows that London is good for international food. But you are right though, battered cod from Whitstable is absurdly good

If I take hormones and wear a skirt, will you keep me in a cage under your bed and feed me through the bars?

Go to soho mayn
L'escargot
Dean st townhouse
La Bodega Negra
Zima
Are all pretty cheap and worthwhile, and wright bros is a must if you like seafood

Or some of my favourites here:
Trinity
Chez Bruce
Sketch
Sexy Fish
Scott's
Rules
The Ivy

These are all somewhat pricey, but serious ammunition for the case of London being culinary capital of the world

Isn't the Fat Duck in London? Or somewhere else in britain

Good God, my girlfriend would make stew of that heart that would kill a man from pleasure.
That is so well cut and pleasant to look at

The ivy is pretty cheap and the food is good

You're right around where most of the restaurants cater to the fancy theatre crowd, but you can get anywhere in London in under an hour from there, so you're not really limited by location.

That said, in walking distance Belgo if you like mussels, Hawksmoor or Gaucho if you want to splash out on a steak, Dishoom or Temple Bar for a curry. Thai Square at the end of the Strand used to do alright Thai food, but I haven't been there for a few years, and in Covent Garden itself you can get a good pie and mash.

Check out the Porterhouse if you like beer, the Lyceum or Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese (go downstairs) if you just want cheap pints, and the Toucan if you want a Guiness.

The Fat Duck and Waterside Inn are triple starred places in Bray
The other three are in London; Restaurant Ramsea

get some bagel and beef at Beigel bake Brick Lane, it's my fav

for indian goto Dishoom or Khan's at Queensway/Bayswater

enjoy London. EC1V masterrace here.

Al-Ikhwan Fried Chicken

Cheers, I gave it a trim, 48 hours at 60c and am going to pop it in a pie
Dishoommis gr8

It's a sad fa t that there are people out there who believe this sort of cretinous shitposting.
The flyover thing is real.

right, these flyover rubes don't understand that living in constant fear of the next terror attack is just a part of living in a modern, diverse, multicultural, cosmopolitan city :-) totally worth it so you can eat burmese, ethiopian and kebab all in one day

Go to Brixton.

Pop and Brixton market are superb for decent reasonably priced meals.

Look on social media for food markets on weekends. Herne Hill and Brockley are superb.

Borough Market is always excellent, try Padella if you can handle queing for an hour. Definetely worth it in my opinion

You just proved my point.
How is the Midwest today?

not bad, I live in a neighborhood full of people I grew up with, so although we don't have any halal butchers around here there's a pretty strong sense of community and i don't feel alienated/isolated

can you say the same for yourself?

Mate, I live in a village about 150 miles away from London.
Life is good.

You know, if you stop being afraid of everything for ten minutes, you can just walk outside and say hello to new people.

lol, you probably look straight ahead as you walk down the street and stare at your phone on the bus to avoid making eye contact with anyone

Bongs eat shit.

Not everyone is like you.

my personal favourite if i'm in town is Taro, on brewer street in soho

great japanese food, unpretentious service and atmosphere and very reasonably priced for the selection

check out the menu tarorestaurants.co.uk/Home/Menu/2

i understand, you should really try to be more confident though

>tarorestaurants.co.uk/Home/Menu/2
aaa my housemate used to work there
the bentos are awesome
he now works in Koya though. the one beside Ronnie Scotts

It was a sad day when I realised not only did that place really exist, but it closed down a few years back so I will never be able to go there

Well played.

There was an article on LBC this morning about how the American media completely distorts the truth to feed these impressions to the gullible and vulnerable. It's creates a false sense of patriotism apparentally.