Is this the peak of YA lit?

Is this the peak of YA lit?

I will never be able to sympathize with young, attractive female characters, especially when they bring their problems onto themselves.

No, this is

Could Hannah Baker be more of a shitty character?

>Waaah Im a beautiful teenage girl who guys find attractive and I get bullied so I'll kill myself and ruin other people's lives.

>Waaah im going to yell at the only guy that cares about me and then act pissed off because he didn't come back after I told him off.

>Waaah I got raped after I knowingly and willingly went to the house party of a guy I know for a fact is a rapist and then I KNOWINGLY AND WILLINGLY AGAIN took off my clothes and got in the hut tub with all the other douchebags that have bullied me in the past

This bitch ruined several people's lives, is going to bankrupt the school, caused another suicide and is probably also going to cause a mass shooting.... but hey, at least she had her petty revenge.

Yep. Norwegian Wood, Damien, and Catcher in the Rye are up there too.

Didn't find the rape scene fap worthy
Into the trash it goes

>itt
>/tv/ pretending they read a book

I got banned from Tumblr because of an inflammatory post just like this one kek

God damn, Norwegian Wood was a fucking awesome book, if not a bit sophomoric.

>BURGUER KING, THIS IS YOUR TAPE

>is this the best smelling part of the shit heap?

>every novel with teenage characters is YA

I find this meme disconcerting

This book is shit desu

>YA Literature
I'd be extremely concerned if I saw my hypothetical child reading this, both for his/her taste in literature and the fact this book encourages suicide worse than anything schopenhauer ever wrote.
Seriously this girl is so smug for killing herself.

I fucking hate her so much, I'd just like to punch her stupid face for asserting that everyone only exists as personal slaves for her happiness.

Your dermis is showing.

The right cover makes it look like a horror book.

there's nothing more horrendous than rape

We have to see if it kills more people than Werther first. But, maybe, OP. Just maybe this one will kill enough.

Novels written for young adults are young adult novels regardless of how much you dislike being associated with the term.
Notes from Underground, Crime and Punishment, The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1984, The Sorrows of Young Werther, all YA.

Agreed
>Novels written for young adults
>implying

This. Attractive female characters bring no sympathy from within me.