Love

>It's a dangerous necessity
>It's a world famous mystery

Books about love, relationships, etc. Why the fuck can't humans figure this shit out? It's one of the most immediate top priorities of nearly every human being; as a species shouldn't it be something we strive for, train for, dedicate or philosophizing to? Ya know, instead of going about it with the grace of retards playing hackey sack?

love isn't real you fucking idiot

how's that?

>love isnt sublimation of sexual instinct

>one of the most immediate top priorities

Spooked m8. That's reproduction, not love.

>muh neurochemicals

And paintings are just manipulations of photons and light wavelengths, we get it.

>implying acts of sublimation are a matter of biological reasoning and are such evaluated

wow youre dumb bro

also the nature of the painting preceeds the interpretation as sexual instinct preceeds societal pressure

unironically The Bible.

agreed. but then what is real?

I see your Mos Def reference son

Anyway, In Praise of Older Women is wonderful.

Spoilers: Everyone has a different idea of what love is.

Additional spoilers: Love isn't actually very important once you move beyond being a hyperactive overly emotional clown.

Please explain more.

I hate to break it to you, but what people call "love" is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard Morty then it slowly fades leaving you stranded in a failing marriage.

I hate to break it to you, but what people call "reason" is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to survive. It hits hard Morty then it slowly fades leaving you stranded in a failing academic career.

Just start looking for it and you'll see what I mean. Talk to people about their relationships and what love means to them. Men and women think of love differently. Buddhists and christians think of love differently. People who like salty foods and people who prefer sweet foods think of love differently. It's a very nuanced subject at the end of the day.

My personal idea of love is trust and reliability. You may think differently. People like my parents think love is passion because movies told them so. They're both multiple divorcees.

Reductionism is the retreat of the intellectually malnourished.

you know where you need to go back to.

pic related

nevermind me
just looking for Miss Kitty

Underneath all reason lies delirium and drift.

Can you expound on this, or are you just memetically regurgitating?

Considering his first post, it's probably a True Detective quote.

just memetically regurgitating

>love
>necessity