Itt: books women will never understand

itt: books women will never understand

I'd be genuinely surprised if a female understood this book at all without heavy secondary material consumption.

Not that your average 'male' would understand anymore either.

>notes from underground
>blood meridian
>any Hemingway
> Schopenhauer's "On Women"

what about books that white males will never understand?

>Cormac
>Hemingway

I know plenty of women who enjoy both. Those aren't even difficult authors. Get more better shit to support your superiority complex m8.

user most of the people here don't talk to women. No one actually knows what women understand or don't understand, that's why we can degrade them so easily

>with introduction by white male

being able to think with some distance from ourselves and deliberate from an 'objective' perspective is the white male's forte

Junger is an erudite manchild. Eumeswil is one pof the most solipsistic pieces of trash I've ever been memed into reading.

met many a female "lit nerd" with a surface deep understanding of literature.

this one girl would just expound on her theories about gay Shakespeare characters and even claimed to enjoy Dostoevsky. An impenetrable and absolutely self-assured imbecile all the while.

most important German language thinkers are like this, you will find.

Some major exceptions being Kafka (czech Jew), Hesse (Baltic, exiled from other Germans) Rilke (also lived like an exile) and Nietzsche (once stated that Germans were trash and he was Polish gentry).

Most of my female (and male) friends aren't into literature. But I've known some female friends to complain they don't want to read "what men have to say" about stuff like philosophy.

There are plenty of absolutely valid reasons to not be interested in philosophy as an academic study (someone like Kant, or someone who might pick up and read "Being and Nothingness" by Sartre). Namely, that these things are essentially ridiculous things full of made up normative distinctions. Is there a such a thing as a "true good"? Does it really have to follow Kant's guidelines? Hrm.. Idk! Who am I to judge someone for being indifferent to all this? Needless to say, a "system" such as Kant's can be communicated (although perhaps not as much fully appealing to cognition) in a fictional work.

This, however, is most likely not the feeling shared by your female colleagues. Putting aside "misogynistic" appeals (women are inferior intellectually, physically, morally, etc. etc.), there is a tendency amongst all people to seek counsel that ennobles and justifies their outlook. A catholic confesses to a priest, a conservative watches Fox News, a sexually frustrated millenial goes to Veeky Forums, etc. etc. Now - would you say that any deliberative, thoughtful, or slightly rigorous philosophical work would justify the hackneyed, profoundly illogical and generally emotional, moral system that most women have? No. And anyone that does is probably not one that stands up to intellectual rigor.

I once read a group of feminist thinkers rebuke the entire concept of retributive justice, that the law should treat people equally, only because the conversation on the subject of jurisprudence for the past 40 centuries has been led by men, and especially by western men the past 7 or so centuries.

>they don't want to read "what men have to say" about stuff like philosophy.

Stupid twits.

>feminist thinkers
contradiction

the BIG LIE of the late twentieth century was that rich white women could be "victims"

>men intuit marx quotes
wat

but they're really good about crying and lying and, being objects of desire, they inevitably have legions of vile flatterers and sycophants.

Cant you stick to your containment board?

Depends on what is meant by "understand." If it means "read from the perspective of a man" or "appreciate as a man" then I guess all books, since women are not men. And I really can't imagine what else could be meant here.

honestly what were you expecting?

>I (a male, unfortunately. ;_; ) am filled with indignation by the notion that women might be deprived of any capabilities or sensibilities that men possess! These ideas are utterly disgraceful and only have a place amongst the bigots and other undesirables that gather a click away from this board. Shame on all of you!
>pls upboat

go back to fucking reddit

I like this post.

Posted before, to no avail.

Sounds nice, thanks. I've added it to my pile.

The cover looks comfy in a melancholy way.

all of them

It's exactly the right cover for the book, methinks.