Convince me not to purchase a Masamoto ST chef knife, Veeky Forums

Convince me not to purchase a Masamoto ST chef knife, Veeky Forums.

Just do it. $250 for mystery stainless, but it has the right weeb runes

Then go buy a Leica because muh red dot

Red dot sight? For more accurate cutting?

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01FXYVDEO/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1507492361&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=DALSTRONG Chef's Knife - Shogun Series X Gyuto - Japanese AUS-10V - Vacuum Treated - Hammered Finish - 8" - w/ Guard

Hijacking this thread. What do you guys think?

It's a chink knife. Ignore the paid shill on YouTube.

>I care more about the ingredient than the end product

Masamoto ST and VG outperform pretty much everything else in the same price ranges. Whatever steel they're using, they are doing the treatment better than everybody else.

citation needed, inb4 “I’m a luthier”

flashy chink shit

Aww man ok thanks

>mystery steel meme

I don't understand why people only seem to have problem with Masamoto mystery steel when Misono and Aritsugu also use their own mystery steel.

Misono and Aritsugu do that on cheaper knives. Mystery steel on a $250 mid size chef knife is a bit fuck you

Misono's top-end UX10 is a mystery "Swedish steel."

Aritsugu's stainless line only goes up to AUS-10, which is itself a bit of mystery steel with various steel manufacturers not quite being able to agree what AUS-10 is.

bump

UX10 is AEBL

If you buy that thing we'll never hear the end of it and we got enough knife threads.

Dont buy them or ill fucking kill you

>UX10 is AEBL

No, that's what people have guessed what it is based on their experience with the knife. UX10 is officially "Pure Swedish Stainless Steel."

Still better than VG-1

But, Masamoto VG is a mystery steel that doesn't act like VG-1.

Are there any high end knives that come with Fibrox-like handles?

You can buy just the blade from J-knife manufacturers and then put on your own handle, either of your own design or disassembled Fibrox handle.

>weeb runes

>>I care more about the ingredient than the end product
desu, most restaurant food is so shit I'd rather be served just the raw ingredients