Shelf thread

other one dropped off. post/rate

quit being a poser

>Alan Moore Jerusalem

Good lord what a shitty book. Did you manage to finish this manchild opus?

Yes I am a fanboy.

Dude why do you own so many copies of the same book. Last time it was like 10 copies of catcher in the rye. I recognize your fucking shelf you meme lord.

You want to start out with Ulysses you crazy fuck? Keep that book on the shelf and read some more first. What the fuck.

how is La-Bas?

Why it is a bad thing?
It's better to read something you'll enjoy than something you'll hate.
The catcher in the rye is an overrated piece of shit tho.

why am i a poser

yeah. it was okay

Dude why do you get rid of the dust cover?

most are just bought at used books stores without them

Better than A'rebours, and really shows the uniqueness of Huysmans. If you want to learn about why church bells are a lost art, what a 19th century satanist gathering was like, and why anyone would believe in magic, it's a great read.

>being intimidated by the heavyweights of the canon

go back to your genre fiction

rate me 1/3

rate me 2/3

rate me 3/3

>rate me

how? nobody can read any titles

I will assume this is a satire of these types of threads.

>Poor zooming
>Kid's books
>Picture of the bookshelf from far away when the goal is to showcase the content of it

7/10
Kek/10.
7/10
4/10. Some redemption for Adams, Orwell and Gaiman
2/10 a couple points for Borges
5/10 for Ulysses and no Steven King
6/10 not enough classics
0/10
Learn how to camera first

Pic related my bookshelf, also see next post

I have boxes of books but I don't want to crowd the bookshelf

Btw this is my first time on Veeky Forums. Will I be among friemds here?

>the autism book

>not enough classics

Why would I waste my money? That's what a library/kindle is for.

>billy joel
>winnie the pooh

Veeky Forums as fuck my man

Hey those are my favorite books. I play piano, always been a fan of Billy's piano style.

Its dumbfounding, really. The whole irony of the situation, that is. I mean, these people are here devoting time to this endeavor of taking pictures of their bookshelves with carefully assorted books; who knows, maybe they want you to know who the author they like best is, or maybe they have OCD, or whatever, but they arrange the books so neatly. Then they take a picture and upload it, but they do ABSOLUTELY no discussion of literature. Its like these people are pretending to care about books to show off their bookshelves while their taste is saying "I don't really read books". So why do they take pictures of the shit? Its irony at its hyperbole.

Because most of these are trash that isnt worth discussing, but they at least reveal what is true Veeky Forumscore
>plato
>aurelius
>celine for some reason

>why dont people discuss books more??
he says making an off topic meta post that doesnt discuss books

be the change you want to see in the world, faggot

yes

Stop stealing books from your parents

Try reading something contemporary/light hearted. You're fetishising 'the classics' a bit much.

Just started reading books, or is this stuff you pulled off your parents shelf?

Better taste in videogames than books.

This isn't you but holy shit what a lot of money to spend on the most mediocre comic book collection. This is what a midlife crisis looks like.

The thread is "rate eachothers bookcases" you twat.
Then we say "oh this user has good taste" or "this user doesn't".
So, let's see yours.

op here. only 2-3 of these are my parents, i just have a real old used bookstore near me and use abe

Because this is what Veeky Forums is about:
Addressing adolescent insecurity by pretending to be intellectually superior to the people who bullied us in elementary school.

How's that edition of the Hermetica? Been thinking of picking up Scott's one. Is that just volume 1?

It's worth the high entrance fee, Shambhala are a fantastic publisher who put a lot of work into their books. I would suggest just getting Vol. 1 as Books 2 through 4 are pure academia, so unless you're taking comparative religion or something I wouldn't bother, you'd be spending upwards of $150 for what is essentially citations and translators notes.

>Addressing adolescent insecurity by pretending to be intellectually superior to the people who bullied us in elementary school.
more like insecure adolescent anonymously vetting titles and authors so they don't look uncool in meatspace

>I'm above it all and too cool for shelf threads look at how much better I am than you.

(You)

1/4

2/4

3/4

>that copy of Alice in Wonderland

4/4

one day you're going to wake up with the biggest meme hangover

Pls no bully

Graphic novels and anthologies 1

i can believe you've read most of these, unlike many of the other posters in this thread

Anthologies 2 and novels

Media, memoirs, cookbooks, misc

History and politics

where is based rapture to BTFO this thread with his library

Lolwut
>FOUR Orson Welles books
>Wolfe shelf

1/7

2/7 music shelf

3/7 Miscellaneous and school shelf

4/7 Mediocre philosophy

5/7 real philosophy

6/7 religion and politics, kinda random

7/7 fiction shelf. I have poe but lent to a friend and I have the first Dune but am currently reading it so it wasn't on shelf

>V mask
>Dune sequels
>Bill O'Reilly
>Trump
>Bible
>The Art of War
>Ayn Rand

Alec Scroggins you really are a disappointment

>high school year books for 2014-2017

So you're... 16? 17? 18?

>real philosophy
>only buys philosophy books from the local B&N

kek

I found your facebook, you look like a twink and your pictures are even worse
>hurr durr call me racist only cause you're losing the debate stupid monkey
>Jeebus
>oh and here's some pictures and lyrics from tool, whining liberal metal

or has kids

>even if the post is bait this shelf and this personal is real

Shakespeare wants to kill himself for being relegated to that shelf

Only place nearby
Lol stalker, aithiest, and I'm a conservative, don't care about getting political with musicians
Shakespeare was a gay theatre goer, he would've been a faggot today like Neil Patrick Harris

>Butler's translation of Homer
Is it any good? Should I read Fagles first or should I read Butler first? Which one is the most poetic and which one is the best and clearest introduction into the Greek mythology and Homer's work.

I plan on reading both but with which one should I start? I have only read Hamilton's Mythology of the ''Starting with the Greeks'' meme.

I just started getting into reading last year. This is the collection I've built, I haven't read most of these, but I have finished and attempted quite a few. I figured this would be a good time to post it considering I put a cap on getting more books a couple months ago (besides the easton press copies which I pick up whenever I find a good deal on them, because I adore easton press.

1/7

2/7

3/7

4/7

5/7

6/7
My poetry collection, minus my little everymans library percy shelly pocket poets book, and my stephen wallace poetry collection which is next to my bed right now.

7/7
Currently reading

i CAN'T be fucked to go photograph two stories of fucking books fuck you

Reuploading, because tumblr fucked up the picture quality and compressed all the pictures.

I just started getting into reading last year. This is the collection I've built, I haven't read most of these, but I have finished and attempted quite a few. I figured this would be a good time to post it considering I put a cap on getting more books a couple months ago (besides the easton press copies which I pick up whenever I find a good deal on them, because I adore easton press.

1/7

2/7

3/7