Is The Bell Jar worth reading?

Is The Bell Jar worth reading?

sure

It was for me, even as a 28 year old man.

It's really good, in my opinion

Yeah. It's got great emotional power to it, even beyond the sadness of "I'm a girl in an asylum!" There are many emotional hues at work that involve sanity, resignation and belonging that Plath writes about in interesting and vivid ways. She's also very funny at times too. Great expressionistic imagery too.

>reading womemes

If OP doesn't read it now I will be seriously pissed off. Your question has been answered.

No, she wrote some unforgivably heightist passages.

She was wearing heels. What woman in their right mind would date a guy shorter than herself in heels?

This is the only valid criticism desu

Any reasonable woman wouldn't mind, but I suppose that excludes just about all of them.

HAHAHAHAHA MANLETS BTFO ETERNALLY AND FOREVER BY BASED SYL

Its like Norweigan Wood from Naoko's perspective

>when you hear a fig plop

dont worry you can still be loved :')

"Of course, Constantin was much too short, but in his own way he was handsome, with light brown hair and dark blue eyes and a lively, challenging expression. He could almost have been an American, he was so tan and had such good teeth, but I could tell straight away that he wasn't. He had what no American man I've ever met has had, and that's intuition."

plath is a horrible writer regardless of her being a woman

Thanks, I needed this. The manlet posts have been getting to me.

Ah, so much empathy. I love Plath.

lmao @ yr life

It's okay. There are some powerful moment but it didn't really explore things in-depth.

Literally NEVER have children manlet, the human race would be better off without your inferior genetics shutting the place up

You have convinced me. Adding it to the list.

Good thing I'm 6.2 then :)

Huh? Short men live longer, healthier lives. Plus Mozart, the greatest genius to ever live, was short. I'd say we're the masterrace.

Yeah, I am okay with not reaching the top shelf if it comes at that great of a cost desu. I think tall people lose out, really.

Yeah, I was expecting this to be Tumblr-tier but it was fantastically written. It was a lot funnier than I expected it to be and addressed a lot of interesting points. I definitely recommend it.

SYLVIA PLATH: 1
MANLETS: 0

MANLETS ON SYLVIA PLATH WATCH

Manlet mental gymnastics

>manlets are THIS delusional

>Huh? Short men live longer, healthier lives

So do women lol

>He had what no American man I've ever met has had, and that's intuition
ameriblubbers brfo'd

Is a disgusting insight into the mind of a vapid 1950s woman with a cluck brain chicken mind.

Hated it, won't read it entirely ever.

'no man [of specific nationality] has intuition'
These weird nonsensical aphorisms always pull me out of a book, they're worse than cliches or bad grammar

i know exactly what you are talking about. like how can you say something so obviously retarded and play it off like it's no big deal. i don't get it

people do it all the time... get over it retard

maybe 'I've ever met' was included for a reason