Reading OCD

Does anyone else have reading OCD?

I'll explain what I mean. Like I can only read full chapters, can only read in complete silence (i mean complete, like even if there's a bird chirping a mile away) I just can't read and get really fucking angry.

Whats worse is atm not living along and it is basicallh impossible for me to read. What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/ejbmt4rs
mega.nz/#!Ev4lyCYS!n5MEGfF4a5b4WEVVjYjFD2x2_66fJiehu66foUhxC-w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>The fact that

Fuck I really need silence too, the only time when I read and feel like I'm trully getting the most of it in at night

Something like Ear Plugs? Idk

ear phones(the ones with the little buds that can cause wax buildup in the ear) + noise cancelling headphones over the top of them + that foamy rugged stuff you put on a wall

>I can only read full chapters
So you read chapterless books in a single sitting?

i have something similar as you with chapters
for me it's only that i have to reach a point in which the story/topic ends a part
say
something happens
scenechange (here i can stop)
something else happens

What is The Beatles of literature?

Took me a minute to find 'the' in the Parable of an Arable land cover
desu scaruffi has god tier list of best albums

Nabokov

yes

>Scaruffi likes Fire of Love
Fuck, can't talk about that album anymore

I'm on the opposite. I've got pretty strong tinnitus so absolute silence drives me nuts. I usually read with open windows to hear the traffic or turned on TV

Shakespeare.

no Shakespear is The Doors of literature

yes, if i skim over a word and zone out whilst reading a sentence I have to go back and re read. Sometimes merely to double check if the word I read really is that, as opposed to my imagination

Just listen to it on audible for christ's sake. It's the same fucking words.

Or you know, get some fucking headphones and put them on your ears, the things where sound goes into your body.

yes. i have severe obsessive-compulsive disorder and this is an issue i experience. reading is difficult due to both an inability to focus due to ADHD-PI coupled with compulsive components of OCD. i become extremely overwhelmed and feel like i'm on the verge of exploding while reading at times since i feel an urge to do so many compulsions while reading--rereading, reading certain words in a certain tone and at a certain pace, etc.
i can't enjoy anything anymore. even music is difficult to listen to at this point due to melodies and tunes becoming stuck in my head and my repeating them endlessly and being unable to stop mimicking melodies compulsively.

I wish ocd weren't treated like a meme where you like everything neat and 'your way' and feel like you have to do certain things a certain way so people like this guy could be taken seriously. Everyone says they have ocd and what they really mean is that they like tidy spaces and are extremely anal about everything. I feel really bad for you user. Do you ever confide in people about having ocd and not get taken seriously or they mindlessly say 'me too' even though they just mean they just like cleaning and having things their way ?

Hey, I'm interested in what you think of this piece of music, I have similar symptoms and I wrote this and I find it alleviates it somewhat:
clyp.it/ejbmt4rs

You might want to turn your volume down a bit.

this.. actually does help. it's so maximized it feels cathartic and releasing, soothing. i'm genuinely surprised. you have obsessive-compulsive disorder, yeah? this is fascinating. thank you so much for sharing this. it.. tingles and alleviates the tension induced by the desire to perform compulsions.

mm, as a child i remember researching OCD and attempting to tell my mother i thought i had it and she told me i didn't because i was messy. it's a terrifying disorder and a lot of people with it, including myself, are unable to leave their homes due to a pervasive fear of dying which causes panic attacks.

How did you manage to get a tinnitus?
I feel like that might be as bad as slowly becoming blind.

No problem my dude, I'm glad you liked it. I also find it cathartic and almost "enveloping" and somehow complete. It's hard to describe.

I don't actually have full on OCD (I don't think at least), but I have some similar symptoms like repeating of voices or phrases I've heard in my head, especially when I'm trying to sleep, re-reading words over and over again, stuff like that.

Not him, but I've had ringing in my ears since I was, like, a kid. I think it happened to me because of music. I can't be in a car that's off or an empty room because the pressure in my ears is absolutely insane. Not noticeable unless in complete silence basically. I just keep AC or a fan on all the time.

ya, all the different layered melodies and rhythms preoccupy the brain and essentially make it nearly impossible to repeat things in the brain over and over again in that excruciating way while focusing on it. i wish i could download this

Here you go, just for you. I wish I could find the original project file, but I seem to have lost it, but anyhow, here you go:
mega.nz/#!Ev4lyCYS!n5MEGfF4a5b4WEVVjYjFD2x2_66fJiehu66foUhxC-w

Had it since childhood. Eventually, you get used to it and it's only bothersome in complete silence or at night