I miss Veeky Forums...

I miss Veeky Forums. The lack of meme trilogy posting on here is to me a sign that Veeky Forums has been overrun by deracinated /pol/ users seeking an intellectual backbone for their ideologies. Consider the constant influx of philosophy posts which try to seek out ready-made critiques of Marxism, or the bump limit threads about Peterson or postmodernism.

What happened to the literature, lads

they even made a board specifically for people who wanted to wank over off topic general philosophy posting but everyone ignored it and continued posting their shit threads here

/lit is still here... just focused on phi for the moment...promise ill be back with some new thoughts on McElroy once I finish this Locke...in the meantime, read MAGIC MOUNTAIN.

That image hit me with some minor nostalgia. I do miss how obnoxiously obsessive people got over Ulysses and how literally every other thread was either Pynchon or Wallace related.

I don't even dislike philosophy posting, it's just begun to override everything literary.

People talk about them all the fucking time what are you on about

Veeky Forums used to be shit....but at least it was about literature.
/pol/ fuckery is really getting on my tits now and its only going to get worse.

why do other boards have decent mods but not Veeky Forums. its a slow board its not hard to keep ontop of things.

I will admit, not currently having a single thread with Pynchon's dumb mug as the op is unusual. And only one Joyce and two DFWs

Was about to make this thread, /pol/ posters ruin every thread without exception.
Whether its juvenile "heheheh nignog", parroting Jordan Peterson, or just espousing an ideology that "pwns" people they disagree with.
Its at the point where you cant make a comment praising a black author without getting into an argument about white nationalism.

They have to be kids, I was an edgy atheist when I was 14 and posted on /b/, now they're edgy Christians who realised this board is the most intelligent on this Bolivian shadowpuppet website.

Please no le reddit exotic asian country/internet site/wierd hobby may may

Ps: you'r e pod with bolivia

And now it seems like nobody here has even read them. Makes me sad desu

You are upset that this board now is full of highbrow philosophical discussion? Examining the core tenets of things such as post-modernism and marxism is bad, in your opinion? You would rather we just meme on about books that 90% of us have not and will never read.

>retard philposters
>posts frogs and vidya images

>posting a literal pedophile

theres other boards for your shitty philosophy

So white nationalists don't know more about these authors and their books than the low-t faggot liberals whining itt?

If you're white and not on this side, you're an unlearned tool who needs to get over your weak eternal coming of age mentality for a week and read the culture of critique so you can figure out what's actually going on in this world.

Btw I didn't even get out of my writing chair to take pic related.

When will I know if I'm ready to read the meme trilogy?

When you've finished the meme trilogy

Yes. I'd be mad if someone started posting about comics here too. There are some classic worthwhile comics but, there's already a board for that shit. Philosophy also has it's own board.

What board was that?

I wish people were still obsessed over Ulysses. Joyce is legitimately my favorite author. I don't even remember the last time I saw someone intelligently discussing the book on here.

>highbrow philosophical discussion
Quoting/paraphrasing Ben Stiller doesn't count.

That's because every time he is brought up some newfag thinks it's hilarious to mention flatulence. That or you have the retard general leaking calling his work nonsense.
We are at war, make no mistake. They outnumber us and we have to plan accordingly.

The quality of Veeky Forums as a whole seems to fluctuate like a trig function. Today was unironically one of the better days

yeah what gives. Ulysses won #1 just last year and I see no threads about it

>highbrow philosophical discussion?
the hell kind of posting do you see. Because I see dumb frogposting and b8