I failed for the meme

For about 4 years now I've been a big fan of Joe Rogan's podcast but I started to recognize a pattern in his rhetoric. His level of bias and hypocrisy blatantly present themselves when someone point the flaws in his heroes. I used to think that he was really open minded and fair in his criticism of certain people but I feel like he always echo the people that he likes "his buddies" in a positive light even if they or their ideologies are heavily flawed.

I'm deeply troubled by this discovery....

wait til you find out he's not a book, you'll be so upset

so u finally grew up congrats

What did you actually mean by this?

Kek

Everybody has a double standard / bias to confirm or protect their beliefs. We desire the things we know or belief in to be true. A truly open mind doesn't exist, and would result in changing your opinion almost daily considering changing facts / contexts / information.

The most annoying parts happen when he starts to monologue about UFC and the other person sits there and chimes in with an "oh yeah?" every four minutes. Joe knows exactly what he's doing in those moments too and he still doesn't care.

That just happened again with the recent Steve-O one. The last 30 minutes was Joe rambling about UFC and Steve-O sat there and smiled through it politely.

fpbp

I also hate when he does that shit too user, the man is definitely love to hear himself talk over others.

> His level of bias and hypocrisy blatantly present themselves when someone point the flaws in his heroes. I used to think that he was really open minded and fair in his criticism of certain people but I feel like he always echo the people that he likes "his buddies" in a positive light even if they or their ideologies
If you didn't realise this after five seconds of listening to him then you might dead.

Granted he has some individuality as he quickly realised the mistake of having Alex and Milo on his podcast, but he's basically one step above his sheep like fan base.

I agree with you user, I feel like he's pandering to his base at the cost of ignoring the elements or methods that are proven to be valid from his opponents' point of view.
I feel like he's not really an honorable guy anymore he's lost in the rabbit hole of ratings and manipulation.

Even before that I don't know how valuable his pseud-psychonautics and macho-american perspective is

it means you're in the /wrong/ place

Rogan is a decent interviewer. He's not dumb but he is no clear thinker. Finally, he is an unprincipled guy with serious bias for psychedelics and take the bait on SJW issue.

But at the end of the day, he is better than MSM.

I guess we are all flawed in certain ways. Thanks user.

I got really annoyed with him during his interview with that scientology dad, Ron Miscavige. Joe Rogan asked him like ten or twenty times if Ron blamed himself, if he could have done anything different and never let it go when Miscavige didn't give an answer that conformed to his reality.

> bait on SJW issue.

how is it bait?

Veeky Forums - Literature

Discussing LGBT stuff without seeing that it is a red herring is taking the bait on SJW issues imo.
The discussion with Peterson is a clear example of that. In both case, the first hour was
"But Mr. Peterson, you aren't a transphobe, are you?"

I cringed during that whole interview. I felt really uncomfortable and sorry for his guest.

Congratulations! You've just discovered daddy isn't a hero and he has flaws. Will you discredit his questions that pertain to his biases, and focus on the rest, or forsake your father and leave him dead in the ditch for the purpose of ascending and becoming "der Übermensch".

Also you can cure depression by taking up a hobby and being good at it?

To be fair, Ron was giving typical old man rants and "I tell you what"'s a lot. Joe did not push anything though. It made me wonder if he was pressured to not question deeper because of the obvious threat of litigation.

upvote

>joe rogans entire podcast

"oh that's very interesting, but checkout this [animal] [verb] this other [animal] on youtube"

what the actual fuck does this have to do with literature?

J A M E Y
A
M
E
Y

how is rogan so popular but still considered fringe? you dont really hear normies talk about him, but arent his ratings devastatingly high? or is that just nonsense? or is this some weird phenomenon, because you also almost never hear people talk about stern, and there must be a fuckton of people listening to him.

yeah i seriously don't understand that, no one I know watches Joe, yet all of his videos get tons of views it's weird

There's about 50 podcasts in a row where he tries to convince every guest that ayahuasca is the greatest guide to spiritual enlightenment and that it allows you to find truths that are hidden from us...

And then a guest finally asks him if he's tried it.

You can already guess the answer.

If you honestly think it's worth listening to an admitted HGH abuser about health, or you can find truths from the ramblings of a stoner, then you simply don't belong on Veeky Forums

PULL
U
L
L

DAH
A
H

SHIH
H
I
H

UP
P

Eh he has some redeeming podcasts. I only listen to the podcasts he has with >intellectuals

LOOK

O

O

K

AT

T

THIS

H

I

S

I S N T
S