Great new writers under the radar

I stumbled upon Teju Cole at my local Barnes and Noble about 4 years ago and I've been hooked since. I know that Veeky Forums has a great disdain for Black authors because they always write about cliche "I'm oppressed" books but this guy is different he's the contemporary author that we need at the moment. We are so divided in all aspects of our lives because of the faults in the ideologies that we cling to in order to self identify or fit in.

His approach to writing about the tolls that modern life puts on the societies all around the world is exceptional. His eloquent and terse way of immersing you in this stories are undoubtedly shakespearean.

Other urls found in this thread:

openculture.com/2014/01/harold-bloom-creates-a-massive-list-of-works-in-the-western-canon.html
online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?82106-The-Ant
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>all his books are about black characters
Pass.

Marlon James

Right that's all fine, but are his books ultimately about blacks being kept down by whitey?

white people really are cunts

>white people really are cunts
>waaah, why won't white people buy my books?!

Are you actually Teju Cole? I don't see why you would give him such undeserved praise otherwise. I would really like to discard the notion that Africans can't write about anything but oppression by whitey but they really try their best to prove me right.

All Marx wrote about was the oppressed group of his time. How is this any different?

Marx is equally repugnant and a hundredfold more brilliant

Back to /pol/ with you.

make me jewboy, can't hide from contrary opinions forever

>Commie

Bless him and his beautiful dreads

"Jewboy" huh? I'm white as milk, son, and I'm finna force you back on to your whack-ass containment board.
/pol/, there is more to Marx than communism, which wasn't even his own formulation, but rather than conclusion of the dialectic of historical materialism, as posited centuries before him. Your ignorance, frankly, astounds me.

>finna

Teju Cole pls go

I mean it makes sense, being able to write about that is one of the selling points of a black author.

Are you upset because you are out of touch, senpai?

uhhh black people or NIGGERS as I like to call them aren't worth being in touch with

Open City was good although it was one of those books where nothing happens. It made me check out Gustav Mahler and his music is beautiful.

The oppressed are always the arbiters of cultural progression and growth. Once, the poor whites were oppressed and drove the collective consciousness of our shared cultural capital, but the black human is now doing the same and your inferiority complex dictates you must reject it and be exempted from the progressive marching dialectic of cultural capital. Now you are upset that the progenitors of the future generation exemplify external traits of foreign amplitude to your archaic, rigid, authoritarian misthink.

>cultural capital
>cultural progress
>collective consciousness
These concepts are meaningless, you clueless ideologue

>human

Bruh. Just because you don't understand them, or refuse to do so by the internalised imperialism of your perspective, does not mean they don't accurately describe the Saturnalia we experience tho.

perhaps you are refusing other viewpoints in your own arrogance, ever consider that? you're either baiting, stupid or completely brainwashed

But I ain't. I readily accept perspectives, as that is the frame of the dialectic of discussion, but you need to listen to the voices under your boot that cry out for their voices to be heard. Obliviousness is no answer.

No one cares if crackers buy it. Do you actually think the target demographic is white people? Go fuck your sister whitey

White girls only want black dick, man nigga. I may be white but I don't think any bitch finna get wit a tiny-ass white pecker.

>new writers

get fucked

openculture.com/2014/01/harold-bloom-creates-a-massive-list-of-works-in-the-western-canon.html

>niggers

get fucked

I don't get how this is relevant but its true. White girls are always quick to solve the mystery that is 'the big black dick' even during slavery

I like his ability to lucidly create multiple characters whilst vividly capturing the essence of a place/culture/time.

The imagine doc about him is worth watching

>a homosexual black man being interview by a jew.......this triggers the /pol/ invaders

did you even finish highschool?

the list has niggers on it genius

Blacks & whites have the same average true length of 5.5 inches.
The difference is that blacks have a higher standard deviation.

Yes, they tried their best to instill half-baked class consciousness into me and my middle class conspirators but ultimately failed

>higher standard deviation
This would increase the median length

not on a bell curve
My dick is 7 inches, by the way

Nope.
There are more black people with small dicks as well as more with big dicks, it balances out.
With a white guy you're more likely to have a comfy penis size than with a black guy.

You seem mad, bruh. Did a black man fuck your bitch?

What?

>Yes, they tried their best to instill half-baked class consciousness into me

did you go to school in the 70's or was your mother involved in the mk-ultra project?

Every black guy i've been with or seen in a shower has been huuuuuge compared to their white counterparts.

GET THE ROPE

Am sure that is completely true my friend.
0% falsehood.

Who? I'll check him out soon. Thanks

>Available at Barnes and Noble
>under the radar
Oh for fuck's sake, I can't even find flann o'brien or beckett at local Barnes and Nobles. These people are hardly under the radar. BN doesn't toss it up on the shelf if they don't think it will sell.

>Leftypol shows up
>Starts talking about black dick
Everytime.

He's yet another black writer you can practically hear panting as you read him because every sentence he writes is obviously a massive strain on his Negroid brain. His prose absolutely REEKS of effort and revision upon revision upon revision; there's no sprezzatura to be found here, none of the casual mastery of language that characterizes truly great writers. He is struggling very very hard to hit the cliches baizuo institutions like the New Yorker or campus literary journals expect of their affirmative action pets, and honestly it's kind of embarrassing, but whatever. He probably knows that his prog masters and their middlebrow disciples will prop up his mediocrity no matter what trash he feeds them, so I guess he has no reason to be concerned about his lack of talent and ability

I have been reading his column for the NYT Magazine on photography for a few months and am working my way through Known & Strange Things currently. Love his non-fiction, critique writing immensely. How is his fiction?

also is one of the more exciting authors working today

>I am a mega cuck. Let me share with you which entertainment products teach me to be a better cuck. Does anybody enjoy this particular cuck manual?
Wow, how fascinating

thanks bud

Anyone who has actually read this guy what do you think is he worth read?

>you need to
haha spook

We all knew how this thread was going to go once we saw the OP, right?

Holy fuck how spooky.
>insert stirner image here because I don''t have one

>it's a /pol/ comes to Veeky Forums to discuss other men's penises thread

If you post about a terrible writer you should expect a terrible thread

What, you don't like a nice veiny penis?

>I s-swear it's not about oppression this time, it's g-gonna be good okay just read I swear the book isn't only about the author's race
>turns out it is
Why are black authors such garbage and is there a single black author that does NOT write about being black?

>b-but it's about the tolls of being black in the postmodern world, not only being black
>it's about being black

>b-but there's a great work on f-form!
>it's about being black

Just stop ; give us peace at last : silence.

fuck you

I'm a mulatto and I write about ants and psychedelic experiences at laundromats. Does that count?

He's not wrong, you know. I wouldn't have a problem reading black authors if they wrote about something that isn't their skin color for once. I have absolutely no interest in reading book #45786954 about how we wuz and iz oppressed and shiet. I even like some black authors, like Charles Chesnutt.

I'll bet the ants are black.

i don't believe i gave them a color.

online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?82106-The-Ant

here's the story, it's not very good. let me know if there's any racial signalling.

I remember reading that before. Haven't you done anything since?

we wuz novlists n shi

nope, i'm just biding my time. i'm not much of a method writer, just whenever something comes to me i like to have a little fun. i should probably be a little more active, but when i am, it always feels far too forced. I have a lot of life to live, and plenty to read, soon i'm sure there will be some literature that I want to imitate, as I did with this story. Hopefully I'll have my own story to tell some day, my own voice.

Well this thread went to shit fast. I like what you are trying to achieve OP but apparently this board has been hijacked by boy-nazis who feel the need to kneejerk dismiss everything that wasnt prescribed them by the groupthink.

They are literally all pseuds

oh please, it never had a chance, shakespearean? cmaaaahn

>like what you are trying to achieve op

What would that be?

the OP was obviously baiting, otherwise he woulnd't have used that photoshopped pic

actual discussing writing instead of meming

The original post is just a baity statement, it doesn't invite discussion.

>muh contrarianism = neccessarily worthwhile opinion
kys fag

If either one of you had deigned to mention even a single piece of work by either of these two authors and what you liked about it, then maybe, just maybe, there would have been some actual discussion of literature in addition to the cuckposting/black dick debate.

OP did manage to throw in some uninformative platitudes about Cole's style although nothing that would make anyone give a shit. You're not trying to fill page space in your English paper/college newsletter.

In conclusion, fuck you and suck niggerdick in Hell faggots.